Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 RB Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, who hasn't gotten mad about a ticket and then rip it up and throw it in the persons face? Laughing
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though, he has some resources coming his way and his instinct is to rip up the ticket and berate an attendant?

Jeesh Laughing

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
You are giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Someone who rationally thinks through a situation before acting does not tear up a parking ticket and throw it in the face of the officer.

It's not about giving the benefit of the doubt, it's about not trying to connect dots that aren't there. Let me ask you this, if it wasn't for the DV issue he had would this be an issue? And I think any other answer other than no is misleading. So you're essentially saying that this issue is tied to his DV issue, which is fine if you think it's habitual.

If you believe this is a habitual issue, why wasn't there any flare ups aside from these two incidents? If this is a pattern, there should be more issues than just these two. Especially when they were more than two years apart. I'll use Randy Gregory for example. He got popped at the combine for a failed drug test. That alone wouldn't have killed his stock, but when reports came out that he failed multiple drug tests while at Nebraska that showed a clear and present habitual issue he had. We're talking about two incidents more than two years apart, and making the connection between the two of them. IF this was a habitual, why wasn't there any other issues other than those two?

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
You are giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Someone who rationally thinks through a situation before acting does not tear up a parking ticket and throw it in the face of the officer.

It's not about giving the benefit of the doubt, it's about not trying to connect dots that aren't there. Let me ask you this, if it wasn't for the DV issue he had would this be an issue? And I think any other answer other than no is misleading. So you're essentially saying that this issue is tied to his DV issue, which is fine if you think it's habitual.

If you believe this is a habitual issue, why wasn't there any flare ups aside from these two incidents? If this is a pattern, there should be more issues than just these two. Especially when they were more than two years apart. I'll use Randy Gregory for example. He got popped at the combine for a failed drug test. That alone wouldn't have killed his stock, but when reports came out that he failed multiple drug tests while at Nebraska that showed a clear and present habitual issue he had. We're talking about two incidents more than two years apart, and making the connection between the two of them. IF this was a habitual, why wasn't there any other issues other than those two?

I mean, you have a dad from his HS that claims Mixon beat up his daughter but the school refused to do anything about it. Not much to go off of, but someone here posted it the other day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

Yeah a long time ago Aldon Smith only did "two" dumb things too. It's fine if you think he's not going to mess up again but you probably said that right after his first incident too. How many times until it becomes habitual? Is two not enough, is it three or more?

He doesn't even have his money yet either. Wait until he gets paid and the chances to make another mistake are increased and magnified. People are going to try and get him to do something dumb and odds are not in his favor that he's going to keep his cool when the time comes. Nothing he's done has earned him that right.

Props to Mack on the sig
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Come on, who hasn't gotten mad about a ticket and then rip it up and throw it in the persons face? Laughing
I've never even gotten a ticket

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
It's not about giving the benefit of the doubt, it's about not trying to connect dots that aren't there.

We have three dots so far. So we've got a triangle. That's a healthy start for a dude who is only 20 years old.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
New Username: IUNICORN_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pessimist on Mixon: He's the next Lawrence Phillips

Optimist on Mixon: He's be just fine in the league

Reality: there is no way you can say what he will be either or...either he'll do something and all of the pessimist wil say I told you so and he could be mediocre and be a model citizen or be a superstar and all of this will be swept under the rug (except for those who have a personal grudge and want him to fail)
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

This is exactly how I've always pictured you...

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to wonder what the high end of RB's in the 1st Round could be. D'Onta Foreman TEXAS just ran a 4.45 40 at 234 lbs. That puts him possibly in the 1st Round conversation. You have Dalvin Cook FLORIDA ST, Leonard Fournette LSU, Joe Mixon OKLAHOMA, Christian McCaffrey STANFORD, and Curtis Samuel OHIO ST who all have shots at the 1st Round as well. Wouldn't it be interesting if 6 RB's went off the board in the 1st Round? I'm not saying that's going to happen, but all of these guys made 1st Round noise in the conversation. I didn't even mention Alvin Kamara. Never say never, though, right? The amount of RB's taken in the 1st Round in previous years might surprised you:
2016 - 1; 2015 - 2; 2014 - 0; 2013 - 0; 2012 - 3; 2011 - 1; 2010 - 3; 2009 - 3; 2008 - 5; 2007 - 2; 2006 - 4; 2005 - 3; 2004 - 3; 2003 - 2; 2002 - 2; 2001 - 3; 2000 - 5
Given that there have only been 3 RB's taken in the 1st Round of the last 4 years, it may signify that the NFL may be getting ready to take them more highly. I know a lot of people like to assume it's a trend that teams won't take RB's, but sometimes it just has to do with a lack of talent and it shows where future picks are actually more likely to go. RB is interesting this year.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
bananabucket wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Forge wrote:
Techbert wrote:
Serious question. What has Mixon done that was questionable in the last two years? Has his nose been clean since the vid, or does he relapse?

He has kept his nose clean, so far as I know. Now, the first interview where he was made available to speak about it wasn't exactly encouraging, but after declaring he did the full circuit, full on apology and remorse thing. Not sure I necessarily believe it, but he has kept himself clean as far as I know.
He hasn't

Ripping up a citation is "not keeping his nose clean"? Dear lord.
He took the parking citation, ripped it up, and threw it in a cops face. Do you support acting like that? Would you teach your employees to behave like that?

Considering this happened when he was supposed to have "cleaned up his act", it clearly shows Mixon doesn't care. He was on his "second chance" and threw something in a cops face because he got pissy. Did you justify him attacking a woman before by saying he deserves a 2nd chance? Does acting like a petulant child and throwing something in a cops face not mean he failed to stay clean on his second chance? Does he deserve a third chance? How many chances he deserve?

I hope you're similarly critical of Dalvin Cook - who has a far larger demonstrated track record of misbehavior than Mixon does. There's a much clearer pattern where Cook is concerned than where Mixon is.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
NoDakViking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
I'm starting to wonder what the high end of RB's in the 1st Round could be. D'Onta Foreman TEXAS just ran a 4.45 40 at 234 lbs. That puts him possibly in the 1st Round conversation. You have Dalvin Cook FLORIDA ST, Leonard Fournette LSU, Joe Mixon OKLAHOMA, Christian McCaffrey STANFORD, and Curtis Samuel OHIO ST who all have shots at the 1st Round as well. Wouldn't it be interesting if 6 RB's went off the board in the 1st Round? I'm not saying that's going to happen, but all of these guys made 1st Round noise in the conversation. I didn't even mention Alvin Kamara. Never say never, though, right? The amount of RB's taken in the 1st Round in previous years might surprised you:
2016 - 1; 2015 - 2; 2014 - 0; 2013 - 0; 2012 - 3; 2011 - 1; 2010 - 3; 2009 - 3; 2008 - 5; 2007 - 2; 2006 - 4; 2005 - 3; 2004 - 3; 2003 - 2; 2002 - 2; 2001 - 3; 2000 - 5
Given that there have only been 3 RB's taken in the 1st Round of the last 4 years, it may signify that the NFL may be getting ready to take them more highly. I know a lot of people like to assume it's a trend that teams won't take RB's, but sometimes it just has to do with a lack of talent and it shows where future picks are actually more likely to go. RB is interesting this year.

I'll guess only 3 (Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey)
NoDakViking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you guys think Nick Chubb would go or be ranked in this class?

I think he'd be right after the top three and would go early to mid second round.

Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 27 of 32

Jump to: