You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints 2017 offseason talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iothar wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
You are reading too much into the Lombardi tweet. He is not saying the Pats/Saints are even considering the 11th pick. He's basically stating the obvious, #32 can't get traded and BB will NOT negotiate any trade until the tender is signed. There is no wink nod agreement. Two options at the moment are give Pats #11 (which he's said is not happening) or Saints are not getting Butler. There is no 3rd option for the #32 atm. Again, Lombardi is just stating the obvious and theres no need to be concerned about the 11th pick.
You know this for a fact? Wow, impressive.

The fact is, none of us know what is going on, it's speculation on all counts.

If the Saints and Patriots have had, as you put it, zero discussion on the matter, then both clubs are retarded.

I sure hope we get the opportunity to show you that you're wrong.

Eight years ago, Belichick made clear his disdain for discussing trades of players who have not yet signed tender offers, regarding the possibility of acquiring former-and-present Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers.

“There’s no trade talks going on with Carolina,” Belichick said at the time. “They don’t have a signed contract. They can’t talk about trading a player that isn’t signed.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/12/unsigned-tender-kept-malcolm-butler-out-of-brandin-cooks-talks/

BB does not discuss trades involving players without a tender being signed.

You should probably know to take anything a HC, GM, owner or whoever says to the media with a big grain of salt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
You are reading too much into the Lombardi tweet. He is not saying the Pats/Saints are even considering the 11th pick. He's basically stating the obvious, #32 can't get traded and BB will NOT negotiate any trade until the tender is signed. There is no wink nod agreement. Two options at the moment are give Pats #11 (which he's said is not happening) or Saints are not getting Butler. There is no 3rd option for the #32 atm. Again, Lombardi is just stating the obvious and theres no need to be concerned about the 11th pick.

If the Saints and Patriots have had, as you put it, zero discussion on the matter, then both clubs are retarded.

Lombardi made subsequent tweets saying exactly what I said. It's not speculation. And it's not retarded to not discuss trades with unsigned players... The rules don't allow it.

Mack on the sig
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if the Saints are dumb enough to trade #11 for Butler, I'm boycotting until Loomis and Payton are fired.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

Lombardi made subsequent tweets saying exactly what I said. It's not speculation. And it's not retarded to not discuss trades with unsigned players... The rules don't allow it.
because a guy on twitter has never been wrong, and no coach has ever bent the rules, especially not BB or Payton .

Like I said, I don't think theyve agreed on compensation but I'd be shocked if they haven't discussed it at least in ballpark terms.

And please don't cite a BB quote saying he won't break the rules as proof he doesn't break the rules. Laughing
NS922

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're signing Mantei Te'o? Fantastic! He can miss all the tackles he wants, because our playoff chances didn't exist anyway. Cool
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
And if the Saints are dumb enough to trade #11 for Butler, I'm boycotting until Loomis and Payton are fired.
I think that goes without saying. Lol. I'd be back on the forums when the new staff was hired
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
I think that goes without saying. Lol. I'd be back on the forums when the new staff was hired

I will "protest" just like I did with the Pelicans for most of this season until they made the Boogie trade and I forgave em. Laughing In my sig I have the teams I root for and earlier in the season I had it as "Pelicans (unfortunately)", will probably change it to "Saints (unfortunately)". That'll teach em. Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I will "protest" just like I did with the Pelicans for most of this season until they made the Boogie trade and I forgave em. Laughing In my sig I have the teams I root for and earlier in the season I had it as "Pelicans (unfortunately)", will probably change it to "Saints (unfortunately)". That'll teach em. Laughing
Sean would read that and scoff at the idea that he made a move that wasnt perfectly genius. Loomis wouldn't know what move it was referencing cause they all kind of blend together now. And Tom would be in the background saying something vaguely racist or complaining that saltines used to be saltier.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iothar wrote:

Eight years ago, Belichick made clear his disdain for discussing trades of players who have not yet signed tender offers, regarding the possibility of acquiring former-and-present Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers.

Theres no trade talks going on with Carolina, Belichick said at the time. They dont have a signed contract. They cant talk about trading a player that isnt signed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/12/unsigned-tender-kept-malcolm-butler-out-of-brandin-cooks-talks/

I'm sure there have been zero changes in 8 years. I'm sure he also said he didn't know anything about football pressure.

Thanks for chiming in, though......with literally nothing to add.
m haynes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MookieMonster wrote:
iothar wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

“There’s no trade talks going on with Carolina,” Belichick said at the time. “They don’t have a signed contract. They can’t talk about trading a player that isn’t signed.”

You should probably know to take anything a HC, GM, owner or whoever says to the media with a big grain of salt.
You might want to ask your self what if Goodell MIGHT think. He can make crap up and turn around and suspend BB for life and take away the Pats next 2 1st round picks. They will be no back room dealings. Goodell is just wasiting to destroy the Pats. He needs to after the Pats shove it up his asset this year.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
iothar wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

You might want to ask your self what if Goodell MIGHT think. He can make crap up and turn around and suspend BB for life and take away the Pats next 2 1st round picks. They will be no back room dealings. Goodell is just wasiting to destroy the Pats. He needs to after the Pats shove it up his asset this year.

Like we've been trying to say for 2 pages now, speculation is speculation. We probably won't ever know what goes on behind closed doors, but maybe. Until then, laying out speculation like facts doesn't give them any more merit.

There's tons of rumors coming from both camps, taking any of them at face value is a mistake
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former #Chargers LB Manti Te'o CONFIRMS that he has agreed on free agent contract w/ #Saints & will sign Tuesday khon2.com/2017/03/20/con

mike23md on the sig
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Quote:
Former #Chargers LB Manti Te'o CONFIRMS that he has agreed on free agent contract w/ #Saints & will sign Tuesday khon2.com/2017/03/20/con
meh. 2 down linebacker with injury problems. Good depth I guess.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti could be decent of he has two big DTs in front of him to keep him clean.

Whats the depth chart looking for you guys anyways?

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Payton was in Lubbock today working out QB Pat Mahomes along with a few other unnamed players (we aren't projected to have anyone else drafted).

Would absolutely love the fit for Pat if you guys popped him at #11.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 27 of 35

Jump to: