Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Vanderdoes is going to be a really silent productive player. He is nowhere near as big, but he plays like Haloti Ngata. This isn't Aaron Donald or Ndamukong Suh, but I think he has a chance to be a nightmare taking on double teams and wearing out an interior OL.

When rambling on about Eddie Vanderdoes you happen to bring up the names of three All-Pro's. Laughing
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Vanderdoes is going to be a really silent productive player. He is nowhere near as big, but he plays like Haloti Ngata. Just a bulldozer with a pretty good gas tank. Provides interior pressure on passing downs better than expected for a dude with such a sloppy frame. He's not really big enough to anchor a 3-4 NT position, so I see him more of a 2-Tech/1-Tech in a 4-3. He could play some UT if you need him to. But this is not a dude that fits the 3-4. He's not athletic enough to be in space and he's not overly long to deal with OT's locking him up. He could develop into a quality NT, but he's not more than 300 pounds right now.

I think he plays significant minutes as a young guy and ends up becoming a borderline pro bowl player. This isn't Aaron Donald or Ndamukong Suh, but I think he has a chance to be a nightmare taking on double teams and wearing out an interior OL.

Wouldn't be the craziest thing I've ever seen if someone took him in the 2nd round. But I think he'll probably end up in rounds 3-4.

Actually, I'd take him to play NT in Wade's 3-4. I think he is strong enough to anchor in the middle. He's country strong, even at 305. Plus, Wade asks his NTs to 1-gap. But even if he had his NT 2-gap, I'd feel comfortable there. At 325 this year, Vanderdoes was basically immovable. But I still think he has that power and anchor at 305 (only with better explosion and stamina).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Because there's literally zero correlation between Wonderlic scores and ability to comprehend an offense/defense. We're not talking about his ability to understand the X's and O's of the play design, we're talking about what are essentially brain teasers.

How about his inability to follow combine drills? Drills that he's surely done over and over in preparation for the event yet still repeatedly did them incorrectly? That's not concerning? I think all these things need to taken into account when wondering if he's going to be a mistake prone player at the next level if you're asking him to do anything other than run directly at the QB.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
How about his inability to follow combine drills? Drills that he's surely done over and over in preparation for the event yet still repeatedly did them incorrectly? That's not concerning? I think all these things need to taken into account when wondering if he's going to be a mistake prone player at the next level if you're asking him to do anything other than run directly at the QB.

Do you have any videos or GIFs to back that up? I'm legitimately asking, because I wasn't able to watch it.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
Vanderdoes is going to be a really silent productive player. He is nowhere near as big, but he plays like Haloti Ngata. This isn't Aaron Donald or Ndamukong Suh, but I think he has a chance to be a nightmare taking on double teams and wearing out an interior OL.

When rambling on about Eddie Vanderdoes you happen to bring up the names of three All-Pro's. Laughing

Especially when 2 of those names were prefaced with the word "ISN'T". Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Do you have any videos or GIFs to back that up? I'm legitimately asking, because I wasn't able to watch it.

I'm at work now, so I don't have time to search but I can't be the only one who saw this. But there was more than a couple times he did drills wrong. At one point he'd messed up one of the bag drills 2-3 times and was asked to just step out and let someone else go.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

I'm at work now, so I don't have time to search but I can't be the only one who saw this. But there was more than a couple times he did drills wrong. At one point he'd messed up one of the bag drills 2-3 times and was asked to just step out and let someone else go.

Takk McKinley struggled with instructions at the combine. I watched it. Very apparent.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Takk McKinley struggled with instructions at the combine. I watched it. Very apparent.

The only instructions he needs is go get the quarterback
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Bud Dupre had almost identical issues coming out.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Maybe he'll get to keep his hand down like Shane Ray
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Vanderdoes is going to be a really silent productive player. He is nowhere near as big, but he plays like Haloti Ngata. Just a bulldozer with a pretty good gas tank. Provides interior pressure on passing downs better than expected for a dude with such a sloppy frame. He's not really big enough to anchor a 3-4 NT position, so I see him more of a 2-Tech/1-Tech in a 4-3. He could play some UT if you need him to. But this is not a dude that fits the 3-4. He's not athletic enough to be in space and he's not overly long to deal with OT's locking him up. He could develop into a quality NT, but he's not more than 300 pounds right now.

I think he plays significant minutes as a young guy and ends up becoming a borderline pro bowl player. This isn't Aaron Donald or Ndamukong Suh, but I think he has a chance to be a nightmare taking on double teams and wearing out an interior OL.

Wouldn't be the craziest thing I've ever seen if someone took him in the 2nd round. But I think he'll probably end up in rounds 3-4.
This post gave me STIs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

This post gave me STIs.

No, I think you got the STI at your dad's drunken poker game last weekend Cool
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Most people think he's better as a standing rusher than with his hand in the dirt.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Most people think he's better as a standing rusher than with his hand in the dirt.

Like Calhoun said, and my whole point was if he struggled with instruction, why not simplify things and keep his hand in the ground. He would fit right in in a scheme like Seattle or Denver

And furthermore, just because a prospect has the athleticism to stand up doesn't mean they automatically have to stand up. There I said it....
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Yeah, but Dupree's explosive power was literally unprecedented; whereas, Takk tested like a lighter Dante Fowler (not good).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 42 of 45

Jump to: