FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

2017 Free Agent Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh.

Jamaal Charles is believed to be in talks with the Washington Redskins on a potential 1-year deal.

http://www.5thtackle.com/washington-redskins-show-interest-in-jamaal-charles/
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ugh.

Jamaal Charles is believed to be in talks with the Washington Redskins on a potential 1-year deal.

I like this actually. If he's healthy he would be the best back on our roster. If he gets hurt we can fall back on Kelley. 1 year deal, where's the downside?

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ugh.

I like this actually. If he's healthy he would be the best back on our roster. If he gets hurt we can fall back on Kelley. 1 year deal, where's the downside?

I just don't like the idea of sinking money into an injury-prone, 30-yr old RB. Especially if it gives us the false sense of being set at that position going into the draft, and especially if it prevents us from going after the remaining DL and ILBs in FA.
Slappy Mc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ugh.

mike23md on the sweet sig
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ugh.

I just don't like the idea of sinking money into an injury-prone, 30-yr old RB. Especially if it gives us the false sense of being set at that position going into the draft, and especially if it prevents us from going after the remaining DL and ILBs in FA.
We have so many needs defensively that we need to fill in the draft that I'm ok going with a one year stop gap at RB.

PSID412

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Charles close to a veteran min I wouldn't mind grabbing him.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles? One year deal? Absolutely yes.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ugh.

Running backs, even old injured ones sell tickets. Nose Tackles don't. Here we go again- the Deion Sanders show.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ugh.

Running backs, even old injured ones sell tickets. Nose Tackles don't. Here we go again- the Deion Sanders show.

If you want to sell tickets you get AP. This could actually be a low risk high reward type situation if they sign Charles. I still don't understand why Willams or Poe weren't key targets though. No DT in this draft gives you what they can IMO, also weaker than last years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A one year deal for a guy who has a lot to prove? Sign me up! Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are they doing?
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We re-signed Nsekhe. I wonder if there's trade interest out there for him. He has a super cheap contract, and he played a lot better last season than some of these LT/RT bums that are getting overpaid in FA.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
We re-signed Nsekhe. I wonder if there's trade interest out there for him. He has a super cheap contract, and he played a lot better last season than some of these LT/RT bums that are getting overpaid in FA.
I wouldn't trade him. Trent is one stupid move from a year long suspension. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I would shop Williams.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
I wouldn't trade him. Trent is one stupid move from a year long suspension. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I would shop Williams.

For Nsekhe: It depends on the offer. He could start on quite a few teams in this league. If someone offered us a high draft pick for him, I would take it in a second.

For Williams: I think this last suspension really embarrassed him, judging by his comments, and he knows he let the team down in a big way. Call me foolishly optimistic, but I don't think he's ever going to get that year long suspension as long as our team remains competitive. If we start sucking again, then yea, he probably won't care. But neither would I if he gets suspended. Laughing
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Foolishly Optimistic- I'm not smoking anymore.....
But I'm not smoking any less either- TWill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 46 of 56

Jump to: