Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minter is a solid pickup. Not a game-changer by any stretch of the imagination, but he's an upgrade over Maualuga and has experience starting on a good defense. Count me in as one who believes this takes them out of the running for Foster. The Bengals play a ton of nickel, and they really like Vigil (plus we all know how much they like Rey). This gives them four linebackers now that they're comfortable playing in nickel; I'd be surprised if they used their first rounder to add another.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Dehner tweeted today that he thinks Foster is still in play at 9 as Minter is not a long term option since he only signed a 1 year deal

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Paul Dehner tweeted today that he thinks Foster is still in play at 9 as Minter is not a long term option since he only signed a 1 year deal

That's exactly what i was going to say. It was a 1 year deal. Certainly doesn't change draft strategy in the slightest.

~T.S. Eliot
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

That's exactly what i was going to say. It was a 1 year deal. Certainly doesn't change draft strategy in the slightest.

You're probably right but that's part of what's wrong with our front office. It's fine to anticipate needs and fill them ahead of time but what about glaring holes in the current roster? A starting RDE with less than 4 sacks for the season? They're unlikely to find 2 starting O-linemen in the draft so our tackles won't be able to let Dalton run the same offense as last season.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Makes you wonder all the more why they didn't franchise Whit for one more year. I really thought this team had moved beyond making huge dumb personnel moves like this with Whit. They have nickel & dimed him for the last few years, and clearly pi$$ed him off; even though he has continued to perform @ LT at a very high level.

That's making a huge assumption based on no evidence.

He agreed to those deals, in any case.

Yes; its an assumption; but the evidence is there; Whit is in LA now. They clearly undervalued him. We'll see how this season goes along the OL.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

You're probably right but that's part of what's wrong with our front office. It's fine to anticipate needs and fill them ahead of time but what about glaring holes in the current roster? A starting RDE with less than 4 sacks for the season? They're unlikely to find 2 starting O-linemen in the draft so our tackles won't be able to let Dalton run the same offense as last season.

Yup, they clearly had no plan if they lost Whit; in a year where the draft has a weak OL class.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Never been a fan of taking a LB high this year. We have more pressing needs this year, based on our weaknesses last year, and FA losses.

1. Improve the running game....
2. Improve the pass rush....
3. Improve the passing game; (it was terrible sans Green & Eifert).
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Yup, they clearly had no plan if they lost Whit; in a year where the draft has a weak OL class.

The plan was to start Oggy.

~T.S. Eliot
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Makes you wonder all the more why they didn't franchise Whit for one more year. I really thought this team had moved beyond making huge dumb personnel moves like this with Whit. They have nickel & dimed him for the last few years, and clearly pi$$ed him off; even though he has continued to perform @ LT at a very high level.

That's making a huge assumption based on no evidence.

He agreed to those deals, in any case.

Yes; its an assumption; but the evidence is there; Whit is in LA now. They clearly undervalued him. We'll see how this season goes along the OL.

Correlation =/= causation

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

btw, he also wrote:

Quote:
@pauldehnerjr Andrew Whitworth will be back with the Bengals. Mark it. I don’t need any more Bengals folks to make impassioned pleas to know it gets done.

Sounds like he has as much information as us...
KennyBania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or has the collective fanbase given up on Ogbuehi and Fisher far too quickly. Can we please give them a fair chance before we crucify them?

It irks me to see him already dubbed a bust. Yes, he struggled mightily last season. But he was a developmental pick to begin with. Let's let him grow into the position and gain some experience before we ultimately pass judgement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm pretty excited for this:

“I’m gonna be the middle backer according to Marvin (Lewis) and Jim Haslett,” Minter said. “The “caller” like I was in Arizona.”

Base: Burfict - Minter - Rey/Mauluga
Nickel: Burfict - Minter/Vigil

Replacing Maualuga would be nice. Not sure why he's still $3.7 million against the cap.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a post on twitter with a quote from the Bengals website. Said that the day we drafted Zeitler, he was told he would not get a 2nd contract offer. Not sure I believe that, but found it interesting.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
Is it just me, or has the collective fanbase given up on Ogbuehi and Fisher far too quickly. Can we please give them a fair chance before we crucify them?

It irks me to see him already dubbed a bust. Yes, he struggled mightily last season. But he was a developmental pick to begin with. Let's let him grow into the position and gain some experience before we ultimately pass judgement.

It's because he didn't even show any flashes of being any good. That's a problem.

~T.S. Eliot
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
Also, I'm pretty excited for this:

“I’m gonna be the middle backer according to Marvin (Lewis) and Jim Haslett,” Minter said. “The “caller” like I was in Arizona.”

Base: Burfict - Minter - Rey/Mauluga
Nickel: Burfict - Minter/Vigil

Replacing Maualuga would be nice. Not sure why he's still $3.7 million against the cap.

I'm not convinced he'll make the team. Obviously the staff feels he's has a chance, otherwise they would have let him go before FA to give him a shot to latch on elsewhere. But he strikes me as a guy that could be in on the first round of cuts in training camp.

I mean, he barely played last year.

~T.S. Eliot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: