Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/madebytim/status/842420837550587906

Thomas/Allen at 4

Fenney at 35

^^el ramster^^
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did my first mock draft.

We got RB Leonard Fournette and TE David Njoku.

Ideally would get an OG and an EDGE guy in the next couple of rounds in this scenario.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming around more and more on the thought of OJ Howard. I just dont see Solly being there.

Who else we taking? If we're cool with Jon Allen's shoulders okay...otherwise? Jamal Adams? Malik Hooker? Think we're set at S. LF is only other real obvious guy who we COULD take. Coughlin continuing to hammer home how important blocking is and to get better around Bortles points to an all around dynamic TE if there isn't a great DL/OL on the board imo. I guess we'll see, but I think Howard is a lot more realistic than I thought.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Mack worked 1 on 1 extensively with Jaguars running back coach Tyrone Wheatley at USFs Pro Day. 3-5 round pick I believe, rumors are he is a fast climber up draft boards 4.5 40, 35 1/2 vert, 15 reps 225.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - ????
FreeDaJags

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W aren't taking a TE at 4.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the rookie wage scale i think the stigma still applies in thinking its a "waste" to take a TE/G/C/RT/non pass rushing OLB so high. I dont agree with it as a whole but I just dont think Howard should go 4. Hoping some QBs go early or we can trade down with someone who wants them

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just don't draft TEs at 4 maybe if it was a case where you know that you're getting Gronk. But even then I would still hesitate because of exactly how the NFL game is and the importance of the position in the scheme of things. You just shouldn't do it especially a top 4 player when you are in a position to be top 5 you draft a player who can make and immediate impact. Howard is not the 4th best player in this draft what sense does that make? You don't do it unless he is a special player I think I can get the same level of production down the road if I can weasel an Evan Engram down the line. Evan may not be the natural blocker of Howard, but Evan is a willing blocker and he is a gritty kid. Howard isn't that great he is better than the usual products that come out he is solid. If they were dumb enough to do it he could learn from Mercedes speed up his progression but NO!.

On another note the QBs names are picking up that may help us in possible trade back scenarios. If we could get to around 12-17 if ST isn't there and possibly pick up an extra 2nd that would be sweet.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing with OJ is, if you are totally cool with a RB why is a TE at 4 crazy? There has been TE's that have went 6th overall (Vernon Davis, blanking on the other), Ebron went 9 a few years back. If we can get a TE that is a damn good blocker that can stretch the field and be a big receiving threat, what does it hurt?

I doubt OJ is the pick, all I'm saying is it wouldn't take me long to get excited about it. Would I prefer an edge or top OL? Sure...but that's looking like it may not happen. Solly I think will be gone (if not he's my guy), Allen has some shoulder questions and had a rough combine (combine isn't make or break for me, but who knows if that really makes him fall), and there is no OL that is worth it at #4.

TE isn't ideal, but if we think he's an elite talent than I'm all for it.

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
My thing with OJ is, if you are totally cool with a RB why is a TE at 4 crazy? There has been TE's that have went 6th overall (Vernon Davis, blanking on the other), Ebron went 9 a few years back. If we can get a TE that is a damn good blocker that can stretch the field and be a big receiving threat, what does it hurt?

I doubt OJ is the pick, all I'm saying is it wouldn't take me long to get excited about it. Would I prefer an edge or top OL? Sure...but that's looking like it may not happen. Solly I think will be gone (if not he's my guy), Allen has some shoulder questions and had a rough combine (combine isn't make or break for me, but who knows if that really makes him fall), and there is no OL that is worth it at #4.

There's a pretty huge difference between a RB and TE. When you're talking about a potential Top-5 pick on a RB where you're clearly believing he's going to be a horse for you and carry the ball maybe ~20 times a game, plus at least a smattering of catches here and there. That's substantial and a becomes an absolute focal point of your offense, allows you to dictate the pace of the game, etc.

Vs a TE which, even the most targeted TEs in the league get what...6-8 looks a game? Not all of which are going to be grabs. You're probably looking at like 60-80 catches on the season for elite TEs. As opposed to something like 200-300 carries for an elite RB? Plus whatever targets they get through the air. That's a huge discrepancy.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

There's a pretty huge difference between a RB and TE. When you're talking about a potential Top-5 pick on a RB where you're clearly believing he's going to be a horse for you and carry the ball maybe ~20 times a game, plus at least a smattering of catches here and there. That's substantial and a becomes an absolute focal point of your offense, allows you to dictate the pace of the game, etc.

Vs a TE which, even the most targeted TEs in the league get what...6-8 looks a game? Not all of which are going to be grabs. You're probably looking at like 60-80 catches on the season for elite TEs. As opposed to something like 200-300 carries for an elite RB? Plus whatever targets they get through the air. That's a huge discrepancy.

Yes, I get that a good running game is very important, but let's not act like a TE like Howard is only going to be helping in the pass game. He is so highly regarded because he's a an all-around TE and not just a one trick pony.

RB's are a dime a dozen and only last so long (if we think Fournette is going to bring an elite/night and day better than the rest then ok). A guy gets into his late 20's and teams start to find a new guy to run into the ground. I'm cool with a guy like Fournette at 4, I just don't see how you can sit here and say taking a RB is fine but taking a TE is crazy/bad (if you think OJ is what people are saying he is).

If you think OJ Howard is the next elite all-around TE. If you think he is a guy like Shannon Sharpe or Jimmy Graham (while being a much better blocker), I don't see any reason taking him at 4 if Solomon Thomas and Myles Garrett are off the board is bad. If you ask me if I'd rather go OJ or Fournette I'm probably taking OJ...especially because there is multiple RB's I like quite a bit that are expected to go round 3 or 4.

Now, I know its deep with TE too, but I think most of these big name guys go in first 2 rounds.

Can't forget about the $$ part either. Now I get we're in great cap so it shouldn't matter much if at all but a top 4 pick on a RB pays him as a top 5-10 RB I believe. Taking a TE pays him as a middle of the road/below average starter I believe.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Yes, I get that a good running game is very important, but let's not act like a TE like Howard is only going to be helping in the pass game. He is so highly regarded because he's a an all-around TE and not just a one trick pony.

RB's are a dime a dozen and only last so long (if we think Fournette is going to bring an elite/night and day better than the rest then ok). A guy gets into his late 20's and teams start to find a new guy to run into the ground. I'm cool with a guy like Fournette at 4, I just don't see how you can sit here and say taking a RB is fine but taking a TE is crazy/bad (if you think OJ is what people are saying he is).

If you think OJ Howard is the next elite all-around TE. If you think he is a guy like Shannon Sharpe or Jimmy Graham (while being a much better blocker), I don't see any reason taking him at 4 if Solomon Thomas and Myles Garrett are off the board is bad. If you ask me if I'd rather go OJ or Fournette I'm probably taking OJ...especially because there is multiple RB's I like quite a bit that are expected to go round 3 or 4.

Now, I know its deep with TE too, but I think most of these big name guys go in first 2 rounds.

Can't forget about the $$ part either. Now I get we're in great cap so it shouldn't matter much if at all but a top 4 pick on a RB pays him as a top 5-10 RB I believe. Taking a TE pays him as a middle of the road/below average starter I believe.

This is a pretty simple what is the talent gap between OJ and the other 4 TE listed right after him? If that talent gap isn't leaps and bounds apart why do it? You just said there are multiple RBs going 3-4 same can be said for TE.
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id draft watson if available it's the best case for maximum value at 4. People are over analyzing him.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
Id draft watson if available it's the best case for maximum value at 4. People are over analyzing him.

I kind of agree because, I remember when Watson came in against FSU as a freshman in relief. As a FSU I can tell you from the first time I saw Watson on a field I knew he was going to be a problem. You could tell when he got on the field he was comfortable you know the best dog out of a litter when you see him. The NFL, over analyze's talent all the time because of the prototypical player by NFL standards. He has to run this or that in order to be great at this position and be this height or weight this much. Similar to Lesean McCoy you saw what he did in college he had a [inappropriate/removed] poor combine went in the 2nd and he is a threat now every Sunday. Dalvin Cook is going to face the same fate as Lesean. Russell Wilson is a prime example you would think he would have broke the mold but the NFL is still on their BS. Is Watson going to throw a Jay Cutler type 15 yard out with his ball velocity or blaze through defensive back fields like Vick? No. But Watson has that "It" factor. He is going to be in that mold of Russell where teams look back in 5 years and be like we screwed the pooch on that one.

But the Jaguars are clearly putting all their eggs in the BB5 basket. Drafting Watson will not happen but I believe by year 5 Watson will be in conversation as a top tier QB in this league or knocking on the door.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

This is a pretty simple what is the talent gap between OJ and the other 4 TE listed right after him? If that talent gap isn't leaps and bounds apart why do it? You just said there are multiple RBs going 3-4 same can be said for TE.

Because I dont think the high end TEs last that long. Could you get a guy lie Shaheen ot maybe Butt if he falls due to injury and wont play a portion if any of next year? Sure. But i think we have to go TE in top 2 rds to get one of the top end guys.

Rbs always fall and are around in the mid rds. This draft will be even more so.

Not to mention OJ is the best all around guy. TC has preached that and ripped Julius for being a poor blocker. I dont think we want a freak at TE that is just going to be a pass catcher.

El Ramster on the sig
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys

We're voting on Jacksonville's pick at 4 in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587018

Thanks,

GFW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26

Jump to: