Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency hype thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Jags wrote:
Here's the thing. Hankins is not as good as Big Snacks Harrison and New York knows it. They don't have to pay him. The Jaguars could have a good boost if they sign Hankins and let him play the nose. I am upset they missed out on Poe, but Hankins would be a good option at this point.

It's not even a matter if he's as good as Snacks is, they just can't afford to have 4 big money players on the defensive line right now. Not with a huge contract for Beckham looming as well.

It's recently come out that Hankins wants 10+/year and won't sign a 1 year deal like Bennie Logan and Poe just did.

Yeah. If he's looking for the kind of massive commitment it sounds like he's after...it can get a bit dicey. For the Giants, but just in general for other teams as well...

He's a good player for sure. But if he's looking for a longer-term, big money, heavily guaranteed "cut proof" sort of deal...is that really something you want to lock in to for a big space eater NT? It can be an important position...but it's always dangerous when you start locking in to big money on less dynamic impact players. And those cut proof deals are where teams shoot themselves in the foot in FA.

He'd be a fantastic piece to add to our newly revamped line. But whether that upgrade is worth the sort of commitment he seems to be after, that's the real question...
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Jags wrote:
Here's the thing. Hankins is not as good as Big Snacks Harrison and New York knows it. They don't have to pay him. The Jaguars could have a good boost if they sign Hankins and let him play the nose. I am upset they missed out on Poe, but Hankins would be a good option at this point.

It's not even a matter if he's as good as Snacks is, they just can't afford to have 4 big money players on the defensive line right now. Not with a huge contract for Beckham looming as well.

It's recently come out that Hankins wants 10+/year and won't sign a 1 year deal like Bennie Logan and Poe just did.

Yeah. If he's looking for the kind of massive commitment it sounds like he's after...it can get a bit dicey. For the Giants, but just in general for other teams as well...

He's a good player for sure. But if he's looking for a longer-term, big money, heavily guaranteed "cut proof" sort of deal...is that really something you want to lock in to for a big space eater NT? It can be an important position...but it's always dangerous when you start locking in to big money on less dynamic impact players. And those cut proof deals are where teams shoot themselves in the foot in FA.

He'd be a fantastic piece to add to our newly revamped line. But whether that upgrade is worth the sort of commitment he seems to be after, that's the real question...

At 24 years old? I would.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, IDK that I'd give him the 10M per year for 5 years he wants or whatever, but a 3-4 yr deal at around 7-8M? I'd be down.

Considering we were the high bidder for Poe, I'm surprised we haven't been trying for Hankins. I'd really like to see him here to finish off FA.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Skuta has been released.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:

More money for us

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

More money for us

It's not like he wasn't a useful depth player. Just way overplayed and out of his depth in a role he wasn't really great at. But at least this means he won't be playing all the snaps i guess. So that's good.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Branden Albert was a no-show today, as he is holding out..?
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
lol at this team

Live life like you're down 3-1
Jags

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
lol at this team

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000800425/article/branden-albert-holding-out-for-new-jaguars-contract

Just sad. This team... Ah...

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: