You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info™ IV - Schedule Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JayWood2010


Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 782
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?


I dont know about percentages, but only one team recorded more drops than Eagles. That is two years in a row Eagles ranked top 2 in drops.

Meanwhile Carson Wentz's catch rate is 100% Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
A tally of the Eagles' drops in 2016
Quote:
For some reason, as heavily as the NFL is covered from a statistical metric standpoint, there are no reliable sources for drops. If you google "NFL drops" or something similar, chances are you'll find a site called "Sporting Charts." Please note that their drop totals are useless. For example, a season ago, they had Jordan Matthews down for five drops in 2015. This video shows that Matthews had somewhere around double that total. Many wrongfully cite their numbers, although I wouldn't blame them, as you tend to just trust stats when you see them.

While drops are certainly subjective to some degree, the following is a more accurate representation of the number of drops by each Eagles player in 2016. We'll order them by number of drops, but the column to the far right shows the total drop percentage of what we'll refer to as "reasonably catchable passes," or drops / (drops plus catches). To be clear, that's not total targets, which I believe are a bad measure of drop percentage, seeing as the receiver often has no chance of catching some of those targets. Got it? OK good:



Ertz Shocked


Good god almighty, DGB.


This tells me that Agholar and DGB are the problems with our offense good think they have been replaced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fitz2k2


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 11955
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
A tally of the Eagles' drops in 2016
Quote:
For some reason, as heavily as the NFL is covered from a statistical metric standpoint, there are no reliable sources for drops. If you google "NFL drops" or something similar, chances are you'll find a site called "Sporting Charts." Please note that their drop totals are useless. For example, a season ago, they had Jordan Matthews down for five drops in 2015. This video shows that Matthews had somewhere around double that total. Many wrongfully cite their numbers, although I wouldn't blame them, as you tend to just trust stats when you see them.

While drops are certainly subjective to some degree, the following is a more accurate representation of the number of drops by each Eagles player in 2016. We'll order them by number of drops, but the column to the far right shows the total drop percentage of what we'll refer to as "reasonably catchable passes," or drops / (drops plus catches). To be clear, that's not total targets, which I believe are a bad measure of drop percentage, seeing as the receiver often has no chance of catching some of those targets. Got it? OK good:



Ertz Shocked


Good god almighty, DGB.


This tells me that Agholar and DGB are the problems with our offense good think they have been replaced.

You don't need a chart to figure out that usc n dgb were the problems in our offense.Chip wanted usc cause he was obsessed of grabbing pac 12 player's.Howie wanted dgb cause he belived we needed a redzone threat.
_________________
Save Me Barry!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 31494
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
A tally of the Eagles' drops in 2016
Quote:
For some reason, as heavily as the NFL is covered from a statistical metric standpoint, there are no reliable sources for drops. If you google "NFL drops" or something similar, chances are you'll find a site called "Sporting Charts." Please note that their drop totals are useless. For example, a season ago, they had Jordan Matthews down for five drops in 2015. This video shows that Matthews had somewhere around double that total. Many wrongfully cite their numbers, although I wouldn't blame them, as you tend to just trust stats when you see them.

While drops are certainly subjective to some degree, the following is a more accurate representation of the number of drops by each Eagles player in 2016. We'll order them by number of drops, but the column to the far right shows the total drop percentage of what we'll refer to as "reasonably catchable passes," or drops / (drops plus catches). To be clear, that's not total targets, which I believe are a bad measure of drop percentage, seeing as the receiver often has no chance of catching some of those targets. Got it? OK good:



Ertz Shocked


Good god almighty, DGB.


This tells me that Agholar and DGB are the problems with our offense good think they have been replaced.

You don't need a chart to figure out that usc n dgb were the problems in our offense.Chip wanted usc cause he was obsessed of grabbing pac 12 player's.Howie wanted dgb cause he belived we needed a redzone threat.


I actually think if you can get Agholor's head right, he still has some semblance of upside.

DGB on the other hand sounds like he is uncoachable in addition to being a crappy receiver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42661
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is any way to get agholor's head right guy is mentally weak. Can't even handle strip clubs.


Also congrats on getting engaged blick.
_________________
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 31494
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I dont think there is any way to get agholor's head right guy is mentally weak. Can't even handle strip clubs.


Also congrats on getting engaged blick.


Thanks, man... I think. Laughing

And yeah, I'm doubtful of it as well, but I'm 100% sure DGB is a deadbeat, whereas I'm only 99% certain Agholor is as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I dont think there is any way to get agholor's head right guy is mentally weak. Can't even handle strip clubs.


Also congrats on getting engaged blick.


Wha happened with Agholar at the strip club?? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?


IIRC average drop rate for the league is like 6-8%.


So the only one that has a better drop rate than the average player in the league is Ertz? Ouch.
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
I dont think there is any way to get agholor's head right guy is mentally weak. Can't even handle strip clubs.


Also congrats on getting engaged blick.


Wha happened with Agholar at the strip club?? Laughing


He didn't pay the piper.
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 31494
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?


IIRC average drop rate for the league is like 6-8%.


So the only one that has a better drop rate than the average player in the league is Ertz? Ouch.


Considering Ertz puts all emphasis on catching and none on YAC, I'd hope he can at least catch it. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?


IIRC average drop rate for the league is like 6-8%.


So the only one that has a better drop rate than the average player in the league is Ertz? Ouch.


Considering Ertz puts all emphasis on catching and none on YAC, I'd hope he can at least catch it. Laughing


Haha Ertz did do better down the stretch with some good ones and actually played like a TE. How did Ertz grade out blocking? With Celck getting old it could be an issue going further.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 19191
Location: 805
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?


IIRC average drop rate for the league is like 6-8%.


So the only one that has a better drop rate than the average player in the league is Ertz? Ouch.


Considering Ertz puts all emphasis on catching and none on YAC, I'd hope he can at least catch it. Laughing


Haha Ertz did do better down the stretch with some good ones and actually played like a TE. How did Ertz grade out blocking? With Celck getting old it could be an issue going further.

I don't know how Ertz graded out, but eyeball test says he was solid the first 3-4 weeks, then once again his below average self the rest of the way. Celek caught like 15 passes last year. We should just cut him and make Burton the #2. I like Brent, but he's kinda pointless if he's only catching 15 again this season. We should cut him and let him sign with Andy to back up Kelce.
_________________

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?


IIRC average drop rate for the league is like 6-8%.


So the only one that has a better drop rate than the average player in the league is Ertz? Ouch.


Considering Ertz puts all emphasis on catching and none on YAC, I'd hope he can at least catch it. Laughing


Haha Ertz did do better down the stretch with some good ones and actually played like a TE. How did Ertz grade out blocking? With Celck getting old it could be an issue going further.

I don't know how Ertz graded out, but eyeball test says he was solid the first 3-4 weeks, then once again his below average self the rest of the way. Celek caught like 15 passes last year. We should just cut him and make Burton the #2. I like Brent, but he's kinda pointless if he's only catching 15 again this season. We should cut him and let him sign with Andy to back up Kelce.


I agree and we could really get a good TE in this draft which is super deep but I know were gonna stick with Brent love his toughness and his a team player and our back up LS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1772
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think we should cut Celek, Sproles, and try to trade Kelce and Kendricks and then go out and sign Jonathan Hankins.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
I honestly think we should cut Celek, Sproles, and try to trade Kelce and Kendricks and then go out and sign Jonathan Hankins.


I wouldn't mind we could save Sproles and cut Mathews Kendrick and Celek could be easily replaced Kelce already is and we'd still have depth.. And wed add great DT and trim fat off the roster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 51 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group