Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread II #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.

We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL

Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.

Andy also wanted Knowshon Moreno in the 1st.

And we will never know if that was really true or not.

Joe Douglas our new draft czar also comes from a background of not taking running backs early. Guy was part of drafting multiple late round rb pro bowlers. Why the hell would he waste a first round pick on a running back? That doesnt even make sense.

not true at all, they drafted Lewis in first round, and Ravens were also looking to trade up for Elliot last season. It's all about the player and how much they love him as a prospect. Also, Lewis 2000-2006 was the starter first round . Rice 2008-2013 2nd round picks, and just last year they wanted to take Elliot. So I get that they value rbs and they will take rbs really high.

Douglas worked for the bears last year they took this kid named Howard in the 5th round he made the pro bowl.

I know he did, but you said he came from a place that didn't value rbs high and didn't draft them in the first. It all matters about the player, because where he came from, values the position highly enough to draft in the first round.

The ravens drafting a guy in the first before he became a scout matters why? exactly? Oh wait you're dumb and it doesnt.

that was literally a different nfl era when that pick happened before the colts complained about the pats corners being bullies and corners not being able to touch receivers anymore. get back in touch with reality.

Again, you're saying he came from a place that doesn't draft rbs high and that's completely false. They wanted Elliot last year, drafted ray rice In 2nd and Lewis in the first. They didn't need to draft a rb high because they Always had one, which they drafted high.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter if "Joe Douglas" has never taken a RB round 1?
Andy Reid went like 11 years without taking a WR in round 1, then he finally did. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

Draft: C Davis, O.J.H, F Lamp, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass #20
Fly Eagles Fly
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Andy Reid went like 11 years without taking a WR in round 1, then he finally did. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

Thank you Applause
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles should draft all Long Snappers

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

Andy took a lot of early WRs, he just drafted the wrong ones.

Pinkston - rd2 - 2000
Mitchell -rd1 - 2001
McMullen - rd3 - 2003
Brown - rd2 - 2005
Jackson - rd2 - 2008
Maclin - rd1 - 2009

I don't know how frequently other teams draft 1st round WRs but I'd think this is about part for the course, taking into account other ways to get high caliber WRs like trading for T.O.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

#SuperBowl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

#SuperBowl

Well its about time we replace Dorenbos so yeah.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/CourtneyFallon_/status/844289923414802432
Quote:
#UCLA CB Fabian Moreau suffered what's believed to be a pectoral injury during the bench press today. Full injury extent not clear yet.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CourtneyFallon_/status/844289923414802432
Quote:
#UCLA CB Fabian Moreau suffered what's believed to be a pectoral injury during the bench press today. Full injury extent not clear yet.

So I think the pattern here is, Pete likes a corner and then he suffers an injury.......

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Andy took a lot of early WRs, he just drafted the wrong ones.

Pinkston - rd2 - 2000
Mitchell -rd1 - 2001
McMullen - rd3 - 2003
Brown - rd2 - 2005
Jackson - rd2 - 2008
Maclin - rd1 - 2009

I don't know how frequently other teams draft 1st round WRs but I'd think this is about part for the course, taking into account other ways to get high caliber WRs like trading for T.O.

They key take away is Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. Maybe Joe Douglas likes Caff a lot. Or Fournette. Or Cook (Preferably not cook).

Draft: C Davis, O.J.H, F Lamp, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass #20
Fly Eagles Fly
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you guys feel about Hood for UNC he weighed 230 today I could see him falling in the 4th to 5th round I don't think he will be the drafts Jordan Howard but I think if we invest in McCaffery then Hood later in the draft and trade Sproles (What would we even get) we would have a solid young stable of backs (McCaffery/Hood/Smallwood) to build with Wentz. And Duece worked him out. Thoughts?
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
How you guys feel about Hood for UNC he weighed 230 today I could see him falling in the 4th to 5th round I don't think he will be the drafts Jordan Howard but I think if we invest in McCaffery then Hood later in the draft and trade Sproles (What would we even get) we would have a solid young stable of backs (McCaffery/Hood/Smallwood) to build with Wentz. And Duece worked him out. Thoughts?

I don't see a reason to double dip in RBs this year.

If you draft McCaffrey (something I'm against) and you have Sproles for a year why would you need to draft another back? I'm sure there are some UDFA RBs. Hell Terrell Watson has good size and decent burst considering the makeshift OL we had the last week vs the Cowgirls.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:

If you draft McCaffrey (something I'm against) and you have Sproles for a year why would you need to draft another back? I'm sure there are some UDFA RBs. Hell Terrell Watson has good size and decent burst considering the makeshift OL we had the last week vs the Cowgirls.

We wouldn't have to worry about RB for 3-5 years
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think taking a 4th/5th rounder on top of spending #14 on a RB is too much. Smallwood and Sproles should still be around. And cutting Mathews isn't a given either. We have a lot of depth issues elsewhere, particularly on defense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:

We wouldn't have to worry about RB for 3-5 years

I'm not as worried about RB with DougieP calling plays we threw the ball 600x with a rookie QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 48 of 55

Jump to: