You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 7: DRAFT Thread! Post here check pg. 36
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position are you most concerned about for the upcoming season?
Left Guard
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Left Tackle
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Right Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NT (1tech)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

brseahawks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think of Ifedi, I think of a player with a lot of things to figure out, with a poor coaching background, with some really great tape in two games against the Pats and the Lions, that shows upside and good things to build on going forward. Even myself, one of the biggest "Draft Ifedi" supporters, didn't expect to be solid in the rookie season.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
When I think of Ifedi, I think of a player with a lot of things to figure out, with a poor coaching background, with some really great tape in two games against the Pats and the Lions, that shows upside and good things to build on going forward. Even myself, one of the biggest "Draft Ifedi" supporters, didn't expect to be solid in the rookie season.
Exactly. OL is very complicated position that also relies heavily on the guys around you. Between the rawness of Ifedi coming out and the inexperience on the line around him, expecting him to be a stud last year is pretty insane

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Shead and Willson resigned

https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/842743530992803840

Willson gets a 1 year, 3M deal. TE class is loaded this year, worked out nicely for us.

I haven't seen anything on Shead, but you'd imagine it is a 1 year deal for minimal money given the injury

Happy about both. Shead is good depth at worst, and Willson does his job and pretty well. He'll never be a true #1, but he's very reliable as a #2. Vannett also hasn't shown but a flash or two so far.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:

I guess I didn't make that very clear. I was insinuating that we would kick Ifedi out to RT, where I think he will seriously struggle. I think there's no doubt that was the plan if Lang signed.

Y'all know a lot more than I about college talent and potential Hawk players and reason I'm going to stop on by.

What I will say, is that you don't "think" Ifedi would struggle. You "know" he will struggle. We all gave 1 player that we didn't want the Hawks to draft. Mine was always Ifedi. He would get trounced at RT, obliterated. He's a physical specimen that doesn't know how to play elite football. His footwork, balance & awareness are pathetic and that's in a phone booth.

While most will say, you can't call a guy a bust after 1 season, I just did & said it b4 the draft. Ifedi was going to be a turd with flies is currently true & it will be a miracle if he is an impact guard. He's a reason I think our OL will stink again in 2017. The right side is a sieve.

I know there were posters that wanted Ifedi. Probably from Hawk draft site to here. I will never know what anyone saw in Ifedi. I didn't see one great game tape with all snaps. Not one.
A lot remains to be seen. Not sure you can watch our first playoff game last year and not see a guy with talent who can be a bully in the run game. That's all I am going to say right now Smile

We were talking here about moving to RT. I evaluated Ifedi being a turd at RT at TAM. He's a lousy pass blocker. He's decent in the run game. He bites on a simple jab step from 300 lb DT's. Poor footwork, balance, use of hands. I wish Cable would require all OL to take up off season martial arts.

Ifedi should be better inside but really didn't do much for me. Maybe it's because I didn't like his college tape & I'm being a bit obtuse in my stand. I see way too much too improve but will always hold out hope. I don't want to bash our squad but c'mon, Ifedi was the 1 guy I didn't want & he did nothing to change my mind.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
Exactly. OL is very complicated position that also relies heavily on the guys around you. Between the rawness of Ifedi coming out and the inexperience on the line around him, expecting him to be a stud last year is pretty insane

I can't remember, were you an Ifedi supporter going into the draft? Did you say he was raw?

Besides, nobody should've expected him to be a stud. He wasn't even that good at TAM based on my game analysis posted on these boards. Have time?Go read my evaluations.

Ifedi will get roasted if PC thinks he can play RT. That will be a quick and short experiment. I just hope he's a solid serviceable player and will never expect him to be a stud. His physical gifts say "all-pro", his technique says 5th rd draft choice.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Oday Aboushi Reply with quote

Any bit coin wagers that Oday Aboushi beats out Ifedi? Looks like he was playing left guard but in our versatile turnstile, I'm sure Oday could play RG. It's nice depth. I don't have fear of Ifedi going to RT. He can't pass block NFL DE's and won't last there. It's one of those deals that Ifedi better not get injured or he won't get his starting job back.

The Seahawks made their second addition to the offensive line in free agency, signing guard Oday Aboushi.

Aboushi, a fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft, has appeared in 26 games in his four-year career, starting 18. Earlier this month, the Seahawks signed Luke Joeckel, the former No. 2 overall pick in the 2013 draft who Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said could be an option at left tackle or left guard.

Aboushi, who is 6-foot-5, 308 pounds, spent his first two seasons with the New York Jets, starting 10 games at left guard in 2014. He spent the past two seasons with the Houston Texans, appearing in 11 games with eight starts.

When Aboushi has been a starter, he has been among the best guards in the league when it comes to pass protection over the past two seasons, allowing only four sacks or quarterback hits on 287 snaps during which the quarterback held the ball for more than 2.0 seconds.

That 1.4-percent sack/hit rate ranks favorably to some of the league’s top guards, and Aboushi also had only four penalties over the past two seasons. Aboushi has also proven durable in his four-year career, missing a total of four games due to injury while never appearing on injured reserve.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Shead and Willson resigned

https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/842743530992803840

Willson gets a 1 year, 3M deal. TE class is loaded this year, worked out nicely for us.

I haven't seen anything on Shead, but you'd imagine it is a 1 year deal for minimal money given the injury

Happy about both. Shead is good depth at worst, and Willson does his job and pretty well. He'll never be a true #1, but he's very reliable as a #2. Vannett also hasn't shown but a flash or two so far.

I really like Luke. I trust him working the seam and reason I was surprised we tossed a 3rd rdr at Vannett. Maybe PC thought Willson wasn't going to sign so why not get a #2 TE in the draft. I'm glad Luke will be back.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
brseahawks wrote:

I can't remember, were you an Ifedi supporter going into the draft? Did you say he was raw?

Besides, nobody should've expected him to be a stud. He wasn't even that good at TAM based on my game analysis posted on these boards. Have time?Go read my evaluations.

Ifedi will get roasted if PC thinks he can play RT. That will be a quick and short experiment. I just hope he's a solid serviceable player and will never expect him to be a stud. His physical gifts say "all-pro", his technique says 5th rd draft choice.
Yes you do Laughing

I am, and was, an Ifedi supporter. Not really sure anyone could have argued he had great technique coming out of AM

#1 ET Supporter
GFalcon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on derrick Coleman?

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
Thoughts on derrick Coleman?
He is more of a runner/receiver than a blocker. Not afraid of contact, but he is not on the level of what you lost. He was a RB in college

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Oday Aboushi Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Any bit coin wagers that Oday Aboushi beats out Ifedi? Looks like he was playing left guard but in our versatile turnstile, I'm sure Oday could play RG. It's nice depth. I don't have fear of Ifedi going to RT. He can't pass block NFL DE's and won't last there. It's one of those deals that Ifedi better not get injured or he won't get his starting job back.

The Seahawks made their second addition to the offensive line in free agency, signing guard Oday Aboushi.

Aboushi, a fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft, has appeared in 26 games in his four-year career, starting 18. Earlier this month, the Seahawks signed Luke Joeckel, the former No. 2 overall pick in the 2013 draft who Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said could be an option at left tackle or left guard.

Aboushi, who is 6-foot-5, 308 pounds, spent his first two seasons with the New York Jets, starting 10 games at left guard in 2014. He spent the past two seasons with the Houston Texans, appearing in 11 games with eight starts.

When Aboushi has been a starter, he has been among the best guards in the league when it comes to pass protection over the past two seasons, allowing only four sacks or quarterback hits on 287 snaps during which the quarterback held the ball for more than 2.0 seconds.

That 1.4-percent sack/hit rate ranks favorably to some of the league’s top guards, and Aboushi also had only four penalties over the past two seasons. Aboushi has also proven durable in his four-year career, missing a total of four games due to injury while never appearing on injured reserve.

Nice write up. I wonder if Aboushi will be used as depth or to push Ifedi over to RT.

Regardless, I think we can all agree these signings are upgrades to Sowell and Webb.
TheChancellor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Oday Aboushi Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Zman724 wrote:

Nice write up. I wonder if Aboushi will be used as depth or to push Ifedi over to RT.

Regardless, I think we can all agree these signings are upgrades to Sowell and Webb.

Love what I heard so far about Aboushi. The fact that we're paying him peanuts is great. An interesting player with decent experience basically coming in for free.

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If peppers falls within 5 picks of us, we need to hop all over that.

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
to do what? Backup Kam?

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
to do what? Backup Kam?

That's a talent you create a position for. Starting him at SS and making Kam a 4th linebacker would be my initial idea.

I just know peppers talent and value as a returner. He makes plays. The biggest problem with this defense since the Super Bowl winning season is that it doesn't force turnovers anymore, not like it did.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 33 of 45

Jump to: