Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16893
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
So are the Bears basically done in FA?

Can anybody provide a cap update?


I would say for the time being we are done, unless another Josh Sitt-uati-on happens in the near future.

Cap update:

Team Salary Cap: $175,650,190

Team Cap Space: $25,888,565


35 million when Royal and Houston come off the books.


If Houston comes off the books. Has there even been any rumblings of that happening?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15871
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears are having former Saints NT John Jenkins in for a visit. 6'3" 360lbs, but has been injured a lot.

The Bears need some DL depth so I am okay with it.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 17837
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons sign dontari poe
_________________
👮


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15871
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA DT Ricky Jean-Francois just told me he's traveling Sat. for a visit w/t #Bears. He's scheduled to travel to Seattle Sun. evening for now.

He was good for Fangio in SF.

Would be excellent depth and a better starting option than Unrien. Looks like he was cut in Was for speaking out over McGloughan.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26532
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at what still out there we should really try and hit the ILB market...with Trevathan's injury we have to add some more depth alongside Freeman...Zach Brown, Gerald Hodges, Kevin Minter, Perry Riley would all be significant upgrades...

Still can't believe Hankins & T.J McDonald are out there at this point...would maybe have a look at Devin Taylor or depth as well.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 7676
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Looking at what still out there we should really try and hit the ILB market...with Trevathan's injury we have to add some more depth alongside Freeman...Zach Brown, Gerald Hodges, Kevin Minter, Perry Riley would all be significant upgrades...

Still can't believe Hankins & T.J McDonald are out there at this point...would maybe have a look at Devin Taylor or depth as well.


Who would those ILBs you listed be an upgrade over? Not Freeman, and the Bears like Kwiatkoski. He looks like he has some talent. Let him play until Trevethan comes back. These draft picks aren't going to get better if they keep signing vets to start over them..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26532
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Looking at what still out there we should really try and hit the ILB market...with Trevathan's injury we have to add some more depth alongside Freeman...Zach Brown, Gerald Hodges, Kevin Minter, Perry Riley would all be significant upgrades...

Still can't believe Hankins & T.J McDonald are out there at this point...would maybe have a look at Devin Taylor or depth as well.


Who would those ILBs you listed be an upgrade over? Not Freeman, and the Bears like Kwiatkoski. He looks like he has some talent. Let him play until Trevethan comes back. These draft picks aren't going to get better if they keep signing vets to start over them..


Christian Jones...and more than likely whoever the 4th ILB on the roster is with Trevathan more than likely heading to PUP...like I said they would all provide far better depth than we have right now...Minter was just signed by the Bengals to compete with Maualuga.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15871
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the depth the Bears are adding on the DL. The Bears played Hicks to many snaps and they need to keep Goldman healthy and reducing his snaps will help with that.

If they sign RJF

RE: Jean-Francois, Bullard
NT: Goldman, Jenkins, Sutton
LE: Hicks, Unrien

And they could still add a premium talent in the draft. But that depth would be huge and adding JF and Jenkins gives them serious beef against the run.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8060
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If they sign RJF

RE: Jean-Francois, Bullard
NT: Goldman, Jenkins, Sutton
LE: Hicks, Unrien

Nickel is all that really matters. Base? Meh.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15871
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If they sign RJF

RE: Jean-Francois, Bullard
NT: Goldman, Jenkins, Sutton
LE: Hicks, Unrien

Nickel is all that really matters. Base? Meh.


You still play it 40% of the downs and need big men who can stop the run.

RJF is going to make 3-4 million, you are not getting anyone who is going to rush the passer effectively for that.


Dominate against the run and playing passing downs becomes much easier.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pdoggbears


Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 24
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJF left without a deal and is heading to visit the Seahawks. I guess tonmorow we will know which team he chooses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rod


Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt hate if da bears got Reuben Foster....this dude is nice!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 2400
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Rich_Campbell
Bears announced they resigned special teams stalwart Chris Prosinski to a one-year deal. Also re-signing DL CJ Wilson, per his agent.

_________________
2016 Adopt-a-Bear: WR #13 Kevin White
Receptions: 19 || Yards: 187 || TDs: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5540
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resigning of CJ Wilson tells me Ricky Jean-Francois has chosen another team.
_________________

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13026
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Resigning of CJ Wilson tells me Ricky Jean-Francois has chosen another team.

I don't think that's necessarily so. Some of the guys getting signed now probably won't make the 53 (Deonte Thompson coming to mind) and some will only if/when guys seemingly ahead of them get hurt. I think Wilson falls in the latter category.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 75 of 77

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group