Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread Pt. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
51to54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course he comes with concerns over his history of stingers.

Arthritic shoulders, bad hammys, stingers, blown Achilles??? You'd think that football is a physical game.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Bears listed as one of 10 teams with multiple executives at Toledos pro day. Presumably to watch RB Kareem Hunt and OT Storm Norton.

Michael Roberts
Epyon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.I'd be completely OK with Foster, just not really sure MLB is a real need for us with Trev and Freeman, even with Trev's injury.

We do have Kwiatoski as a backup already, and he IS pretty solid... instincts wise, but it's important to note that he's also athletically limited. It was one of his big concerns in the draft and it was also frankly on display a bit when he got into the game last year... so he's probably a solid backup long term, as opposed to a guy who will ever take the reigns himself.

I'd add Foster also adds that outright "mean" element to the defense (and I mean that in an entirely good way)

2. That all being said, Hooker is the guy who keeps inching up my draft board right now... He just changes the game when he's on the field. In coverage teams where terrified to throw anywhere near him, once they realized who/what he was...That could be massive when going against Rodgers/Stafford 4x a year.....

And while he's not nearly as prolific in run support personally, he's the only FS I see in this class with the elite range to play single high and still cover the field, which allows the scheme to shift/ the SS to heavily cheat closer to the line and help shutdown the run that way.

If I'm trying to find defense changing talent with my first rounder, more and more I'm thinking Hooker is the biggest single difference maker overall.

3. I love that we're actually scouting Kareem Hunt... been big on him since the Senior Bowl caused me to go back and watch his film.... I like him a hell of a lot more than Jamaal Williams (who the Bears met with a while back)... I think Hunt will end up being this year's Jordan Howard, though we'll probably have to take him with one of our 4ths at latest. Howard/Hunt 2 headed monster sounds beastly.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Foster but as a trade down option...I don't think he should be in the running at #3 altho wouldn't be a horrible pick.
51to54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
1.I'd be completely OK with Foster, just not really sure MLB is a real need for us with Trev and Freeman, even with Trev's injury.

We do have Kwiatoski as a backup already, and he IS pretty solid... instincts wise, but it's important to note that he's also athletically limited. It was one of his big concerns in the draft and it was also frankly on display a bit when he got into the game last year... so he's probably a solid backup long term, as opposed to a guy who will ever take the reigns himself.

I'd add Foster also adds that outright "mean" element to the defense (and I mean that in an entirely good way)

2. That all being said, Hooker is the guy who keeps inching up my draft board right now... He just changes the game when he's on the field. In coverage teams where terrified to throw anywhere near him, once they realized who/what he was...That could be massive when going against Rodgers/Stafford 4x a year.....

And while he's not nearly as prolific in run support personally, he's the only FS I see in this class with the elite range to play single high and still cover the field, which allows the scheme to shift/ the SS to heavily cheat closer to the line and help shutdown the run that way.

If I'm trying to find defense changing talent with my first rounder, more and more I'm thinking Hooker is the biggest single difference maker overall.

3. I love that we're actually scouting Kareem Hunt... been big on him since the Senior Bowl caused me to go back and watch his film.... I like him a hell of a lot more than Jamaal Williams (who the Bears met with a while back)... I think Hunt will end up being this year's Jordan Howard, though we'll probably have to take him with one of our 4ths at latest. Howard/Hunt 2 headed monster sounds beastly.

Hooker is looking to be a safety with enough potential to be a difference maker (especially in the pass first, pass second, pass third modern NFL) to be worthy of a sniff of the 3rd overall pick. He not only can cover the field, but he can cover WR and make big plays to boot. He played through much of 2016 injured so that's a plus side to the injuries.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:

How do you know they're scouting Kareem Hunt?
Epyon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:

How do you know they're scouting Kareem Hunt?

Good point, forgot entirely about Micheal Roberts-TE being a Toledo guy too (Kinda funny too, since I have him in a few of my mocks for our 5th rounder)

Just got a little excited since Hunt is imo my favorite RB prospect to bring in to backup Howard.

In other news, I didn't see this posted yet:

Apparently Kyle Long is on the Solomon Thomas bandwagon:

"I try not to watch a ton of college film with guys coming out but the most NFL ready looking dude is Sol Thomas he's has twitch +GM strength"

https://twitter.com/ky1elong/status/843924934908768256
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport @ RapSheet #Bama LB Reuben Foster had dinner last night with the #Bears staff and is visiting the team today, source says. Chicago picks No. 3.

Dark horse pick at #3.

It would be an indictment on Trevathan's availability this year IMO, but would be very much a REALLY good long term pick IMO. He and DT for the long term in the middle of this Fangio defense could look a lot like SF. Foster comps to Navarro Bowman IMO, and Bowman is full value for #3 in my book.

To me GREAT defenses aren't just built up front but up the middle. Our defense under Lovie, Fangio' D in SF, Lewis/Reed Ravens, etc. Foster is really a right step in that direction. He's a 3-down difference maker.

Even when DT is healthy Foster could move to OLB. He wouldn't be the pass rusher but could do more in coverage and flats for example, like Briggs did as a WILL. That would allow Floyd to focus on rushing, and more chances for McPhee to rush with his hand in the dirt. That allows one of the bigs a rest as well on passing downs and leave them fresh in early downs, so there would be a lot of positives that occur in a domino effect.

I highly doubt he is even considered at three, but has some interesting possibilities for sure.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we ignoring the fact that Foster was kicked out of the combine for fighting with hospital staff? How are you that dumb at one of the most important "job fairs" of your professional career?
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Are we ignoring the fact that Foster was kicked out of the combine for fighting with hospital staff? How are you that dumb at one of the most important "job fairs" of your professional career?

I think those were extenuating circumstances where the media will never know exactly what transpired. It was reported that Foster scheduled a 3 hour interview with teams prior to his pro day to explain his situation. It clearly made Pace feel comfortable enough two weeks later to invite him to dinner with Vic Fangio as well as an entire day at Halas Hall.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think people realize just HOW athletic this one potential top 3 pick for Chicago is...

Player A-
6' 197 lbs
4.66 forty
14 reps
33" vert
124" broad
7.09 three cone
4.23 shuttle

Player B-
6' 3" 273 lbs
4.69 forty
35 reps
35" vert
126" broad
6.95 three cone
4.28 shuttle

Care to guess?

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I don't think people realize just HOW athletic this one potential top 3 pick for Chicago is...

Player A-
6' 197 lbs
4.66 forty
14 reps
33" vert
124" broad
7.09 three cone
4.23 shuttle

Player B-
6' 3" 273 lbs
4.69 forty
35 reps
35" vert
126" broad
6.95 three cone
4.28 shuttle

Care to guess?

Thomas would be a good selection if we view him as an OLB...but if San Fan also see him that way he could very well be off the board at #2 unless Shanahan is desperate for his own QB.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock updated rankings.

Some real wow rankings in there

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794141/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings-20
G08

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

Player A-
6' 197 lbs
4.66 forty
14 reps
33" vert
124" broad
7.09 three cone
4.23 shuttle

Player B-
6' 3" 273 lbs
4.69 forty
35 reps
35" vert
126" broad
6.95 three cone
4.28 shuttle

Care to guess?

Player B is Solomon Thomas.

Player A... no idea. Is he in this draft too?

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
dll2000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Player A-
6' 197 lbs
4.66 forty
14 reps
33" vert
124" broad
7.09 three cone
4.23 shuttle

Player B-
6' 3" 273 lbs
4.69 forty
35 reps
35" vert
126" broad
6.95 three cone
4.28 shuttle

Care to guess?

Thomas would be a good selection if we view him as an OLB...but if San Fan also see him that way he could very well be off the board at #2 unless Shanahan is desperate for his own QB.

I dont think Thomas is a LB. He is an exceptionally athletic DL.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 38 of 102

Jump to: