Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign Nick Foles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah that's not a knock on wentz that's just a realization of how bad our corner situation is in a passing league.

I dont mind wentz thought he looked really good the last few games last year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nah that's not a knock on wentz that's just a realization of how bad our corner situation is in a passing league.

Seriously. The guy that people are highest on at corner, Jalen Mills was rated the worst corner in football this past season. And the eye test certainly backed that up.

Unless Vinny Curry decides to start earning a paycheck, we're going to need to win some shootouts next season and I don't think Doug Pederson has the ability to assemble or call an offense to compete in one.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Seriously. The guy that people are highest on at corner, Jalen Mills was rated the worst corner in football this past season. And the eye test certainly backed that up.

Unless Vinny Curry decides to start earning a paycheck, we're going to need to win some shootouts next season and I don't think Doug Pederson has the ability to assemble or call an offense to compete in one.

yeah it will take some sort of miracle where 2 rookies are good players from day 1 to win more than 5 games this coming year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I think Pederson just needs to had wrinkles to it and needs to attach deep more often and a run game would be great.. The games where we ran effectively it opened up the pass game, when we get Wentz running PA and the defense has to respect it Doggie 3 level stretch offense will come to life. He does a good job getting positive yards and I trust Wentz to take care of the ball and he's athletic enough to be a legitimate threat to run or throw on the run.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I think Pederson just needs to had wrinkles to it and needs to attach deep more often and a run game would be great.. The games where we ran effectively it opened up the pass game, when we get Wentz running PA and the defense has to respect it Doggie 3 level stretch offense will come to life. He does a good job getting positive yards and I trust Wentz to take care of the ball and he's athletic enough to be a legitimate threat to run or throw on the run.

I don't have a lot of faith in Dougie P as a coach. Seems like teams caught up with what he was doing a few weeks in and he never really adjusted.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I don't have a lot of faith in Dougie P as a coach. Seems like teams caught up with what he was doing a few weeks in and he never really adjusted.

Preach.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I think he will get better he only had one year as a head coach.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Preach.

It really bugged me that he wouldn't move Lane to LT when Peters was hurt. Can we please see what he looks like at LT since he's going to start there next year? Next time Peters gets hurt, Lane should be the guy who takes over at LT. If Allen Barbre or Vatai replace Peters instead of Lane, then Doug is an idiot who will never win a SB.

Draft: C Davis, O.J.H, F Lamp, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass #20
Fly Eagles Fly
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

yeah it will take some sort of miracle where 2 rookies are good players from day 1 to win more than 5 games this coming year.

We'll still find a way to go 6-10, 7-9, or 8-8.
We'll win just enough games to miss out on the elite prospects next year.

Draft: C Davis, O.J.H, F Lamp, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass #20
Fly Eagles Fly
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I think our offense can be good enough where we win more than five games if and only if we get a capable rookie running back or Smallwood surprises me and turns into something.

But our defense is going to be awful. Our dline wasn't exactly amazing last year and now we lost a very good player and an ok veteran in Logan and Barwin. Then even though Carroll and McKelvin were butt they were veteran butts. Now we just got scrubs. And if god forbid we have any injuries to Cox, Graham, or any of our LBs or safeties, then we are super screwed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Preach.

It really bugged me that he wouldn't move Lane to LT when Peters was hurt. Can we please see what he looks like at LT since he's going to start there next year? Next time Peters gets hurt, Lane should be the guy who takes over at LT. If Allen Barbre or Vatai replace Peters instead of Lane, then Doug is an idiot who will never win a SB.

I'm not sold that Lane is moving to LT.
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

Yea. I think this is entirely possible too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I think our offense can be good enough where we win more than five games if and only if we get a capable rookie running back or Smallwood surprises me and turns into something.

But our defense is going to be awful. Our dline wasn't exactly amazing last year and now we lost a very good player and an ok veteran in Logan and Barwin. Then even though Carroll and McKelvin were butt they were veteran butts. Now we just got scrubs. And if god forbid we have any injuries to Cox, Graham, or any of our LBs or safeties, then we are super screwed.

I'm not sold on DougieP running the offense, I wonder how much Frank Reich and the offensive staff are included in game planning and whatnot.

I'm not sold on the defense because we're getting older along that DL and the wide 9 approach is easy to game plan against, delayed running game let the DL run past and QB take what the awful DBs are giving you, playing off short stuff, playing tight get over the top. When we were blitzing and mixing it up is when I thought we played well defensively. When we were vanilla (aside from the NYG game) I felt we were at the QBs mercy.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
just heard Chase is visiting the Jets. Laughing

PAY THE MAN!!!! Laughing

Well the Jets decided to pay Josh McCown instead.

This guy Chase is going to sit and collect his payout. I thought he and DougieP were tight.

EDIT: Or maybe they are tight and DougieP was in cahoots with Chase...

Dayum shame, Howie got played.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

Yea. I think this is entirely possible too.

I'd rather keep LJ as one of the best if not the best RT in football then move him to LT if that move ends up making him average to above average with the masses. I don't care what he is being paid. It's like asking Jon Runyun to switch sides because say Tra Thomas retired early?? I want Lane at the position he is most Dominate. If that ends up not being LT, so be it. There are just as many Elite pass rushers IMO moving around the formation coming from the RT side.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: