Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
R1. Jabril Peppers
R2. Jordan Willis
R3. Joe Mixon

I'm so torn. This is a real possibility. And I think everyone would be happy;

Peppers might be BPA in the first, and our biggest need.

Jacky Smith might not be back in 2018 and a 32-year-old Ayers might be a cap casualty at $6M (also in 2018). Especially with all the extensions we have coming up.

The rumors I've read said Mixon is a (late) third round pick. This would appease the Dougie detractors, because we could cut him. Then he could go to New England and be a perennial Pro Bowler. But we'd have a more complete back, who's been compared to Le'Veon Bell. His off field issues are a major concern though.

I'd be stoked about this draft
all great picks , Willis might be gone before then though

Quote:
When I look at the depth chart at safety, I see two guys (Conte and Wilcox) who are probably better at SS, and one free safety in Tandy. I'm wondering if Budda Baker(about the same size as Tandy) is getting a little short changed. He may struggle playing against the bigger athletic TEs in the league, but he would certainly be an asset in nickel and dime coverage over most of the safeties in this draft class.

are u wanting Baker in the 1st? or 2nd ?

not a fan in the 1st , reach IMO (not to mention id lose my bet)

but like you mentioned we already have 2 SS on the Roster and Baker to me seems more like a SS than a free

I believe Budda has a very good chance to be in the 1st round because of the success of guys that Deuces mentioned earlier. I think he is better playing near the LOS, but I don't discount him playing centerfield. I kind of see Budda in the mold of Ronde without the mileage when he made the transition to safety. The only question for me is durability. For me, the talent and tenacity is there. In relation to the Bucs, Licht I hope goes after a safety with better coverage skills then being a guy who is more known for laying the wood.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
R1. Jabril Peppers
R2. Jordan Willis
R3. Joe Mixon

I'm so torn. This is a real possibility. And I think everyone would be happy;

Peppers might be BPA in the first, and our biggest need.

Jacky Smith might not be back in 2018 and a 32-year-old Ayers might be a cap casualty at $6M (also in 2018). Especially with all the extensions we have coming up.

The rumors I've read said Mixon is a (late) third round pick. This would appease the Dougie detractors, because we could cut him. Then he could go to New England and be a perennial Pro Bowler. But we'd have a more complete back, who's been compared to Le'Veon Bell. His off field issues are a major concern though.

I'd be stoked about this draft
all great picks , Willis might be gone before then though

Quote:
When I look at the depth chart at safety, I see two guys (Conte and Wilcox) who are probably better at SS, and one free safety in Tandy. I'm wondering if Budda Baker(about the same size as Tandy) is getting a little short changed. He may struggle playing against the bigger athletic TEs in the league, but he would certainly be an asset in nickel and dime coverage over most of the safeties in this draft class.

are u wanting Baker in the 1st? or 2nd ?

not a fan in the 1st , reach IMO (not to mention id lose my bet)

but like you mentioned we already have 2 SS on the Roster and Baker to me seems more like a SS than a free

I believe Budda has a very good chance to be in the 1st round because of the success of guys that Deuces mentioned earlier. I think he is better playing near the LOS, but I don't discount him playing centerfield. I kind of see Budda in the mold of Ronde without the mileage when he made the transition to safety. The only question for me is durability. For me, the talent and tenacity is there. In relation to the Bucs, Licht I hope goes after a safety with better coverage skills then being a guy who is more known for laying the wood.

I disagree, theres so much other value at pick 19 and around that pick that Baker shouldn't be in the conversation IMO
and you say you don't discount that he can play coverage , but I just haven't seen him do it well , so again I don't discount it either but for someone im picking in the 1st I want to KNOW not believe he can do it
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fil,

I don't know the details of your bet. Hypothetical, if Bucs trade back and draft Buddha in 1st round, who wins? I'm not smart enough whether Buddha is a reach at 19. Is he more of a reach then Obi? I don't know.

I will write I believe Howard has a good chance to be special. No offense to Brate if they draft a guy at the same position who can be special. I think at 19, it comes down to who would disappoint you. It looks like Budda for you. For me, as the draft process has continued I would be a little disappointed with RB 1sr round, even though I'm a McCaffrey fan.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Fil,

I don't know the details of your bet. Hypothetical, if Bucs trade back and draft Buddha in 1st round, who wins? I'm not smart enough whether Buddha is a reach at 19. Is he more of a reach then Obi? I don't know.

I will write I believe Howard has a good chance to be special. No offense to Brate if they draft a guy at the same position who can be special. I think at 19, it comes down to who would disappoint you. It looks like Budda for you. For me, as the draft process has continued I would be a little disappointed with RB 1sr round, even though I'm a McCaffrey fan.

oh lol this dude at my work bet me $100 that Buddha Baker would go in the top 20 picks of the draft so if we trade back to 21 and take him id be fine Laughing

I don't have a problem drafting Baker just think it is in fact a reach at 19 , if we could trade back and get another 3rd or 4th and then use a pick on Baker I wouldn't be mad because we got more out of it

at this point judging off of all the mocks I have seen , ive seen backer taken in the top 20 twice out of like 60+ mocks so just based off of that I think id be a reach

at this point if you are judging Obi Vs Baker I got to give Obi the edge, his stock has risen considerably

yeah I have to say Baker would disappoint me if it wasn't a trade back and Howard would probably upset me a little but id get over it because at 19 Howard would be good value, Howard should go higher than 19 and I believe he will

im also a big McCaffery fan , and I don't necessarily want a RB in the 1st but if we took him I wouldn't be too upset either
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Obi was a third or fourth round before the combine. Now he's gonna go late first or second. Just like Jordan Willis.

And I agree. It's looking more and more like Willis is going earlier than middle of the second. The Saints could take him in the first. I would trade up for him. Licht has shown if he wants a guy, he goes and gets him. Our dline coach worked him out and was reportedly very impressed. Hopefully we can grab him.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I think Obi was a third or fourth round before the combine. Now he's gonna go late first or second. Just like Jordan Willis.

And I agree. It's looking more and more like Willis is going earlier than middle of the second. The Saints could take him in the first. I would trade up for him. Licht has shown if he wants a guy, he goes and gets him. Our dline coach worked him out and was reportedly very impressed. Hopefully we can grab him.

Obi was a at a mid 2nd round grade before the combine
and now they say he could have a jump similar to where karl joseph got picked (if I remember correctly joseph got picked 14th overall)

wow you've seen willis as high as the saints pick?? that's crazy , idk if I would want willis at pick 19 but if he was there at the beginning of the 2nd I wouldn't mind trading up to get him
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Obi was a at a mid 2nd round grade before the combine
and now they say he could have a jump similar to where karl joseph got picked (if I remember correctly joseph got picked 14th overall)

wow you've seen willis as high as the saints pick?? that's crazy , idk if I would want willis at pick 19 but if he was there at the beginning of the 2nd I wouldn't mind trading up to get him

Probably closer to their pick at 32. But they've met with him too and apparently like him.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Fil,

If we go any RB, it better be Cook. Bigger, faster, and stronger(did more reps on the bench) and has dominated against the best defenses in the nation. CM is a good player but Cook will be special and for that reason I don't see him getting past the Eagles or Colts.

Howard has Gronk like potential to be dominant in both aspects of the game, pass and run.

Baker over Obi. Game film doesn't lie. He is smaller but he does everything you want in a safety. Obi is a project and a raw unfinished product. Don't think Baker goes the first 20 picks though but that could happen depending on how the draft plays out. Karl Joseph going round 1 was kind of a shock to me last year.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Fil,

If we go any RB, it better be Cook. Bigger, faster, and stronger(did more reps on the bench) and has dominated against the best defenses in the nation. CM is a good player but Cook will be special and for that reason I don't see him getting past the Eagles or Colts.

Howard has Gronk like potential to be dominant in both aspects of the game, pass and run.

Baker over Obi. Game film doesn't lie. He is smaller but he does everything you want in a safety. Obi is a project and a raw unfinished product. Don't think Baker goes the first 20 picks though but that could happen depending on how the draft plays out. Karl Joseph going round 1 was kind of a shock to me last year.

according to the combine , CM is faster Wink

either way Cook or CM id be happy , they are both great prospects

if it came down to taking a TE or RB at our pick (Howard or Cook/CM) id rather take the RB but that's just me

I wouldn't want either of those safetys at pick 19

I sure hope baker doesn't get picked in the first 20 lol id lose $100 Laughing

I don't think it was a shock Joseph got picked in round 1 but where he got picked in round 1 , I could have seen it if it was late , but it was super early for him
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Tony Pauline,

The Bucs have a scheduled private workout with Kareem Hunt from Toledo
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
According to Tony Pauline,

The Bucs have a scheduled private workout with Kareem Hunt from Toledo

This makes me so happy we are officially looking at RB!

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs are also expected to have a private workout with Toledo TE Michael Roberts.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my top two targets but I really like we are looking at both TE and RB.

Maybe it will make everyone else happy that these aren't first or second round guys. DE and S addressed early on?

From the looks of where Barnett is being mocked now we will need to trade up to get him. Same thing with Howard.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Not my top two targets but I really like we are looking at both TE and RB.

Maybe it will make everyone else happy that these aren't first or second round guys. DE and S addressed early on?

you said it bro, happy these guys aren't 1st and 2nd round guys

im all for addressing DE and S early

I just hope it isn't guys like :

Tak mcKinly ( side note about him, man that is one ugly dude, like they had combine still frames and omg)

Tim Williamns - more of an OLB not a DE

those are the only DEs with a round 1 grade that I wouldn't want

also :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793939/article/bucky-brooks-mock-draft-30-qbs-slide-to-texans-chiefs

Brooks just came out with a new Mock and I completely disagree with his pick for us

Jarrad Davis?? come on man
Not much value and not even close to a critical position, slight need , but it doesn't take a draft analyst to tell you that we don't need another LB we already have 2 studs
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these guys have been discussed as possibilities at 19. Obviously not everyone is going to slip, but for discussion, if the following guys are on the board at 19 who are your top 3? I'd assume we go BPA.

OJ Howard
Derek Barnett
Dalvin Cook
Jabrill Peppers
Corey Davis
Mike Williams
Christian McCaffrey

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 40 of 53

Jump to: