Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Draft Talk, News & Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have our first official visitor.

Nate Hairston, CB, Temple

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/nfl-draft-2017/2017/3/16/14942210/temple-cb-nate-hairston-pre-draft-visitors-buffalo-bills-2017-nfl-draft

Quote:
This marks the first report of up to 30 visitors that the team is allowed to host before the 2017 NFL Draft.

Here's what I could find on him:

- Has good size (6'0" / 196 lbs.)
- Great in run support, tackles well
- Good zone cover corner (fits new system!)
- Former wide receiver
- 40 time: 4.52
- Projected late round pick, "Raw but very moldable prospect" - NFL.com

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems more and more likely OJ Howard is gonna be the pick. We looked at big time TEs like Bennett and Cook during free agency instead of WRs and couldnt get them. And news had been that we love OJ Howard. And we have added 3 WRs and 0 TEs
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
It seems more and more likely OJ Howard is gonna be the pick. We looked at big time TEs like Bennett and Cook during free agency instead of WRs and couldnt get them. And news had been that we love OJ Howard. And we have added 3 WRs and 0 TEs
Im not entirely sure how I feel about that. I think OJ Howard is special but with Tyrod's under utilization of Clay and Clay's huge contract I'm a little wary of spending a top ten pick on a position that has been under used and has a large amount of resources spent on it. I'm not against it, just unsure.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Im not entirely sure how I feel about that. I think OJ Howard is special but with Tyrod's under utilization of Clay and Clay's huge contract I'm a little wary of spending a top ten pick on a position that has been under used and has a large amount of resources spent on it. I'm not against it, just unsure.

I'd be down if we could trade back and get him. Other than that no.

I want Hooker or Corey Davis.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OJ Howard is going to end up being at least a top 20 pick, so trading down is a lot more of a risk in his case than before the draft process started. He's a complete TE with incredible WR traits. He's an elite athlete. Playing at Bama in a run scheme didn't allow him to showcase his strength as a receiver.

In a situation where both safeties are gone and Howard, Davis and Williams are there, I think he's definitely in the conversation. We looked at Bennett and Cook - showing we will probably run more 2 TE sets.

Howard is special, and could end up being the best TE in the league (I don't think Gronk will ever stay healthy).

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Trading down would be risky. He is a sure fire top 15 pick at this point and could go as early as #4. He has pulled away as the best pass catcher in this draft. And could even block.

I understand the Clay argument but we can not forget this will be a different offense under Dennison
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Trading down would be risky. He is a sure fire top 15 pick at this point and could go as early as #4. He has pulled away as the best pass catcher in this draft. And could even block.

I understand the Clay argument but we can not forget this will be a different offense under Dennison

Echoing what a just said above. He's a top 20, and probably top 15 lock now. Taking him at 10 is about his projected value as of now.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in love with Howard for a long time. Our current QB not necessarily knowing how to utilize the position shouldn't prevent us from taking a potential All-Pro.

If either Hooker or Adams is available they should be the pick but Howard is #3 on my big board.

Williams, Davis and Ross all have an injury history and some flaws to their game.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Echoing what a just said above. He's a top 20, and probably top 15 lock now. Taking him at 10 is about his projected value as of now.

I haven't seen much of him outside of the National Title game that he lit up.

Is he purely a tight end or can he be a Jimmy Graham type that plays wide receiver too? I know you guys said he can block so we might not want to put him on the outside?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Bills Mafia the Bills met with Cam Robinson OT from Alabama last week as one of their meetings.

Thanks Max
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
According to Bills Mafia the Bills met with Cam Robinson OT from Alabama last week as one of their meetings.

We did indeed. I would be disappointed if we drafted a RT at 10... hopefully we're meeting with him in the unlikely case he slips into the 2nd round.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/bills-host-ot-cam-robinson-on-pre-draft-visit

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

We did indeed. I would be disappointed if we drafted a RT at 10... hopefully we're meeting with him in the unlikely case he slips into the 2nd round.

Judging purely based off of who else he has met with (Jags, Panthers) it is likely more of a due diligence if he is there in round 2. Most scouts believe he is only a Guard and some say RT but few if any believe he is a LT at the next level. He could see a Glenn type of "fall"

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Judging purely based off of who else he has met with (Jags, Panthers) it is likely more of a due diligence if he is there in round 2. Most scouts believe he is only a Guard and some say RT but few if any believe he is a LT at the next level. He could see a Glenn type of "fall"

Seems to be the case, does make sense given the teams he's met with. I'm not against giving him a good look in the 2nd depending what we do with 10 overall.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaley sure does love Bama.

Bills are brought Tim Williams in for a visit. Not 100% sure where he would fit as McDermott likes 280+ pound DE and Williams is said to only be a rush LB...

Whaley was also in person for the UCLA (Fabien Moreau) and USC (Adoree Jackson, JuJu Schuester) Pro days.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Whaley sure does love Bama.

Bills are brought Tim Williams in for a visit. Not 100% sure where he would fit as McDermott likes 280+ pound DE and Williams is said to only be a rush LB...

Whaley was also in person for the UCLA (Fabien Moreau) and USC (Adoree Jackson, JuJu Schuester) Pro days.

Want nothing to do with Tim Williams unless he free falls to round 3. Character issues, and from what I saw he's more potential than anything.

Love the other 3 guys he visited/likely looked at. Adoree Jackson and JuJu are great fits if they make it to round 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: