Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is There A Law Against Talking About Solomon Thomas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
Whats always funny to me, is that Drill to drill, at the combine, he was nearly the same athlete that Justin Houston was at his combine. But he'll play a totally separate position all together. Each drill was nearly identical within .1 seconds and 1". But he's going to play the same position that Michael Bennett does, and I think he's going to thrive there eventually, though he's got some work to do for sure.

His numbers are very similar to Khalil Mack... only difference being Thomas did it was 22 more lbs on his body.

I wouldn't mind this kid being an OLB in a 3-4 and kicking inside to 3T in sub.

Except Mack jumped 5"/4" higher/longer in the vert and broad. That's significant.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Epyon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
G08 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
Whats always funny to me, is that Drill to drill, at the combine, he was nearly the same athlete that Justin Houston was at his combine. But he'll play a totally separate position all together. Each drill was nearly identical within .1 seconds and 1". But he's going to play the same position that Michael Bennett does, and I think he's going to thrive there eventually, though he's got some work to do for sure.

His numbers are very similar to Khalil Mack... only difference being Thomas did it was 22 more lbs on his body.

Doesn't matter, you won't have the chance. 49ers are picking him at 2 Laughing

Not really positive about that.... San Fran got screwed when Washington fired their GM to stop the potential Cousins deal..... San Fran should be in play for Trubisky, they really don't have any better options right now.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
Forge wrote:
G08 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Doesn't matter, you won't have the chance. 49ers are picking him at 2 Laughing

Not really positive about that.... San Fran got screwed when Washington fired their GM to stop the potential Cousins deal..... San Fran should be in play for Trubisky, they really don't have any better options right now.

We don't need better options. That's why we signed Hoyer and Barkley. They can hold the reigns for year. Then maybe we sign Cousins in FA, or we select from what could be (and currently is, in my own eyes) a superior projected quarterback class (doesn't mean that they will be, as it's still early, but I liked Allen way more than I liked any quarterback in this draft, and then you could potentially have Darnold and Rosen to boot).

I don't see any way in which we draft Trubisky at 2. He's not even close to being worth it. The team would have to fall in love with him, and so far, everything has been very lukewarm on him. No reports of us fawning over him. The only quarterback we have been effusive over is Kizer, and I would suspect that we try to get him at 34 or trade up from 34 to get him if we really want him.

We aren't a quarterback away from competing. There's absolutely no reason to over reach for a quarterback not worth the number 2 pick in this draft. Build up the roster with the best players you can get. That's why you're seeing all of the mock drafts starting to go away from quarterback at #2 for us (and most of them have us taking Thomas, though a couple have thrown in Hooker).

Now, we may go in a different direction than Thomas, that could still happen, but I seriously doubt it's for a quarterback. Thomas seems to be the running favorite as it makes a lot of sense. Immense upside, fits a position of need, and positional value is greater than that of other highly ranked prospects such as Lattimore, Hooker/Adams, Fournette, etc.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Republican's passed it after Rep. Steve King sponsored it for his name being too "muslamic"
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Except Mack jumped 5"/4" higher/longer in the vert and broad. That's significant.

Plus the fact he's never produced as an outside pass rusher.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

+22 lbs will have an impact there, doe

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

That's fair, but it doesn't mean that he can't learn the proper techniques to do so. I like his arm length, burst, and 3 cone as an edge rusher. The brute strength is an added plus.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

That's fair, but it doesn't mean that he can't learn the proper techniques to do so. I like his arm length, burst, and 3 cone as an edge rusher. The brute strength is an added plus.

He's a weird case, everything suggests he should be able to thrive as an outside pass rusher apart from the fact you never see it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: