Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 NFCE Discussion Thread VIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Blick, normally we agree on most things but this one is a sheer numbers game.

I will concede that our defense lost a little bit with Bennie out of the line-up and Beau/Vaeao in and I've already made my feelings known about how dumb the whole Foles/Daniel fiasco is. That said the 1T DT is a replaceable player and not something that you should be spending 8 mil a year on, especially with 3 other big contracts on the line.

This is a very dumb way to generalize it but go find the 320+ lb DT in the draft that's not a complete athletic slug and more than likely he'll be a solid 1T.

Yeah, I conceded that when I found out what the Chiefs paid him. I honestly thought he'd be closer to $5MM a year, in which case, I thought the money from Torrey Smith would be better served resigning a stronger player on the d-line instead. But at that cost, you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. It just sucks we paid Curry boat loads of dough based on potential that has yet to pan out and let Bennie walk even though he has done exactly what we've asked of him during his time here.

But to your last point, that is a gross generalization. These guys don't grow on trees, at least not the ones that are as disruptive as Bennie was.

Oh its a huge generalization but just finding a guy to eat double teams and let the rest of the line get to work and trying to find a disruptive player are two different things. Finding the next Bennie will take a much higher pick.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Blick, normally we agree on most things but this one is a sheer numbers game.

I will concede that our defense lost a little bit with Bennie out of the line-up and Beau/Vaeao in and I've already made my feelings known about how dumb the whole Foles/Daniel fiasco is. That said the 1T DT is a replaceable player and not something that you should be spending 8 mil a year on, especially with 3 other big contracts on the line.

This is a very dumb way to generalize it but go find the 320+ lb DT in the draft that's not a complete athletic slug and more than likely he'll be a solid 1T.

Yeah, I conceded that when I found out what the Chiefs paid him. I honestly thought he'd be closer to $5MM a year, in which case, I thought the money from Torrey Smith would be better served resigning a stronger player on the d-line instead. But at that cost, you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. It just sucks we paid Curry boat loads of dough based on potential that has yet to pan out and let Bennie walk even though he has done exactly what we've asked of him during his time here.

But to your last point, that is a gross generalization. These guys don't grow on trees, at least not the ones that are as disruptive as Bennie was.

Oh its a huge generalization but just finding a guy to eat double teams and let the rest of the line get to work and trying to find a disruptive player are two different things. Finding the next Bennie will take a much higher pick.

Right, but especially in Jim Schwartz's defense, we want the latter.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
RecentFuture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Bennie, not worth money he signed for. He isn't a game changer on defense, not even close.

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
I think this offense will be better than the Eagles.
NorfNorf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Mixon in the 2nd. dude plays like larger McCoy.

^El ramster^
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RecentFuture wrote:
I like Bennie, not worth money he signed for. He isn't a game changer on defense, not even close.

Thats the greatest sig ever

Adopted Cowboy - Jaylon Smith - Stats:NERVE FIRING!
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
RecentFuture wrote:

Thats the greatest sig ever

Even I had to lol at my own brethren Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Takes a bow*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73
Page 73 of 73

Jump to: