Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

War's 2.0 Mock - Post Combine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: War's 2.0 Mock - Post Combine Reply with quote

ROUND 1

Takkarist McKinley OLB UCLA

Takk McKinley, yes I still take him. Despite the things said about his intelligence at the combine I think he's still a guy that can get it done for you. With us employing more and more 4 man front looks, McKinley-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree is going to be a tough to defend front.

NFL COMPARISON - Tamba Hali

ROUND 2

JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC

Big bodied WR who can play like a small WR when needed. Willing blocker for a WR. Strong hands and strong at the point of attack. Good with the ball in his hands and has decent vision. Not afraid of playing over the middle.

NFL COMPARISON - Anquan Boldin

ROUND 3

Cameron Sutton CB Tennessee

Not the greatest size in the world, and it's why he will slip. Is more of a man corner and I can see him playing a lot of time in the slot. Plays the ball well in the air and does not get flagged much. Added value as a punt returner as well.

NFL COMPARISON - Adam 'Pacman' Jones

ROUND 3 COMP PICK

Jake Butt TE Michigan

A very willing blocker and outstanding pass catcher. Knee injury is sliding him down draft boards. Will give us a year to determine what the future of Green is. Knows how to play in zone coverage, and can beat man coverage. Strictly an in line TE.

NFL COMPARISON - Heath Miller

ROUND 4

Derek Rivers DE/OLB Youngstown State

LOC is going to hold him back from a higher pick. I feel we double dip at OLB here to make up for a few years of bad picks (Jones, Chickilo). Rivers will need some time to really adjust to the speed and strength of the NFL game. Not exactly the most fluid player.

NFL COMPARISON - Rob Ninkovich

ROUND 5

To say Conner has been through a lot is an understatement. This kid is a fighter. Runs heavy and behind his pads. Not great in the passing game but is willing. More of a power back than anything else. Not much of an outside burst.

NFL COMPARISON - LeGarrett Blount

ROUND 6

Yes double dipping at WR too. Eli Rogers was given too much leeway on the field, and has missed meetings off the field. Time to give him some real slot competition. Switzer is a stud in the slot, quick twitch, string hands, willing to sacrifice himself. Also a good punt and kick returner.

NFL COMPARISON - Troy Brown

ROUND 7

Jeremy Clark redshirted his first year, played 3+ solid years, and saw his senior year come to an abrupt end. Petitioned for a 6th year because of the injury, but was denied. This is a pick to hope with. You take him, keep him, and either IR or hope to slip onto your PS. Amazing size and length with the ability to play press and high point the ball. Due to his size he will struggle to change direction with smaller WR's.

NFL COMPARISON - Keith McGill

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate the 1st 4 picks. Or hate the 1st 3 and strongly dislike Butt because the other 3 were so bad.

Rivers is going to go between 40-60

Just not a fan of Smith-Schuster Never like USC WRs.

Sutton will hurt himself jumping for joy after he is drafted.

Takk is just a big risk on someone who is close to special needs in intelligence. Look up Steve Conley sometime. 3rd round choice for the Steelers who was the same way. Physically gifted and mentally challenged.

http://old.post-gazette.com/Steelers/19980831stnotes5.asp

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the 1st, 2nd or 6th round picks. Why so many WRs after we just signed another FA WR and Bryant is about to be re-instated?

The rest I can live with.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I would hate the 1st 4 picks. Or hate the 1st 3 and strongly dislike Butt because the other 3 were so bad.

Takk is just a big risk on someone who is close to special needs in intelligence. Look up Steve Conley sometime. 3rd round choice for the Steelers who was the same way. Physically gifted and mentally challenged.

There was kid named Swann that came out of USC a few years back. He was pretty good. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Don't like the 1st, 2nd or 6th round picks. Why so many WRs after we just signed another FA WR and Bryant is about to be re-instated?

The rest I can live with.

I did this before we signed Hunter and I don't assume Bryant can stay on the field like I feel a lot of people around here are starting to do.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

There was kid named Swann that came out of USC a few years back. He was pretty good. Wink

Was USC running the Spread offense in the 70s? I had to go back to 2007(Steve Smith) to find a USC WR that has done anything recently.

That does not mean they will be failures. It is just that they seem to have a hard time producing decent WR at the NFL level. I blame it on that stupid spread offense they run. They do not really run routes as much as look for match-ups.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Was USC running the Spread offense in the 70s? I had to go back to 2007(Steve Smith) to find a USC WR that has done anything recently.

That does not mean they will be failures. It is just that they seem to have a hard time producing decent WR at the NFL level. I blame it on that stupid spread offense they run. They do not really run routes as much as look for match-ups.

They've gone back to a more pro-set offense the last 2 years.

Hahahahaha.

jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still prefer Godwin over Smith-Schuster.

Godwin runs better routes
Godwin has better hands.
Godwin is a superior athlete.

I would compare Godwin to Chris carter. He is going to be a star in the NFL.

warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I would still prefer Godwin over Smith-Schuster.

Godwin runs better routes
Godwin has better hands.
Godwin is a superior athlete.

I would compare Godwin to Chris carter. He is going to be a star in the NFL.

I have Godwin off the board before our pick.

Hahahahaha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: