Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'm down for a 4-12 season if it rids us of the front office and head coach and means we finally draft a QB

Same.

The fact that Rick Smith stupid self hasnt added anyone to this team yet makes me hate him more. Get rid of him.

haha, we just went at it for months over in the basketball forum over this same thing.

Seriously though, I could see us taking a huge step backwards this season. Our #1 D carried us last year. We have already lost 4 starters from that D. While getting Watt back will be huge, it still leaves us with holes.

We need a Starting NT, OLB, and SS

I guess I would be ok if we ignored the offense and went those 3 positions in the first 3 rounds, and just went all in on Defense

but we still need a QB.

I would like to trade some future picks to get at least 5 guys in the first 3 round this year. We need a Tackle and a QB as well.

It makes it hard to do though when we have given away our 2nd rounder for next year.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like our front office took the free agency period on vacation. Probably for the best.

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How pissed will you guys be if we dont sign anyone in free agency while we wait on Romo only to find out he been traded to the Broncos?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
How pissed will you guys be if we dont sign anyone in free agency while we wait on Romo only to find out he been traded to the Broncos?

I'll be happy, I don't want romo

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMahomes_Texan

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

I would be more annoyed at passing on a QB than losing on Romo. I don't mind if we get Romo but he's a short term solution at best. Particularly short term if Clark remains as our RT leading to a lot of hits.

I want Mahomes in the first and Dion Dawkins in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
PMahomes_Texan

LOL

Laughing

How you been ET?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here we are in April and the Texans have not signed a single player.... and are a lot worse than last season....

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
PMahomes_Texan

LOL

Laughing

How you been ET?

Doing well - had some free time, figured I'd post a bit.

Pastor Dillon wrote:
So here we are in April and the Texans have not signed a single player.... and are a lot worse than last season....

I think we'll be bigger spenders after the draft, when teams do a deeper round of cuts following their draft. We're sitting on a glut of cash now, so would be nice to extend DeAndre Hopkins. While Romo might be a dead dream, a vet QB who knows the system and can mesh from day one is there to be had - good ol' Fitzmagic. Get Fitzy to compete with Savage, draft a guy like Mahomes or Trubisky (who I'm slowly starting to warm up on) and see what can be filled at RT and SS in the "second round" of FA (I'm assuming both spots will be addressed in the draft, but would be good to get some low upside vet experience at each spot as well).

It seems as if we do better when we DON'T go on a wild spending spree. Get some low cost vets, bring in rookies early at the three key positions of need and keep some of that cap space on hand for next offseason, when you'll have to pay Clowney and McKinney...

Could it be better? Yeah. Could it be worse? Yeah.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think there is a chance the Browns cut Osweiler and you all resign him on a cheaper deal? Random thought I had today.

Sig by Smack

NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
dsorc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Think there is a chance the Browns cut Osweiler and you all resign him on a cheaper deal? Random thought I had today.

No chance. Some of the rumors that came out after the trade is that there were locker room issues between Osweiller and the coaching staff. Nevermind that he had already lost his starting position to Savage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

No chance. Some of the rumors that came out after the trade is that there were locker room issues between Osweiller and the coaching staff. Nevermind that he had already lost his starting position to Savage.

BOB tends to have issues with whichever FA QB we sign any given year (Fitz, Hoyer, Brock). I think Savage must just not know any different which is why hes stuck around.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
dsorc wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

BOB tends to have issues with whichever FA QB we sign any given year (Fitz, Hoyer, Brock). I think Savage must just not know any different which is why hes stuck around.

Never heard anything about issues between him and Fitz. Going with fat drunk moron Ryan Mallett after 3 quarters was a slap in Hoyer's face (and the teams) and he admitted he fumbled that mess as you simply don't yank your starting QB in week one after an entire offseason competition culminating in Hoyer winning the job. Once he admitted his mistake after Mallett's 1-3 flop and went back to Hoyer, Mallett went on another bender and missed the team flight and O'Brien wanted to fire him on the spot, but lil Ricky said no. Instead of trying to work together for a solution to a critical year 3 lil Ricky did as lil Ricky does and convinced the boss that Brock Osweiler was the bold move that would finally end our QB carousel and your dreaming if you don't think outbidding Elway for Osweiler wasn't a key selling point for a Owner/GM who just got punked by having the coaching staff they fired win a Super Bowl while lil Ricky stayed on board. It was clear that O'Brien wanted no part of Brock Osweiler from day one and that he was lil Ricky "answer" in the never ending power struggle between the two.

I honestly don't know what to make of this offseason. There is no friggin way O'Brien is excited about giving Tom Savage this job as he's repeatedly passed him over for the job even with crappy options in front of him. Since we never got any real explanation about the Savage injury, we'll never know, if BOB really wanted Savage to be active for that playoff game, he would have been in there (see Hoyer '15). The Dolphins received NO PUNISHMENT for a blatant violation of the protocol with a clearly concussed backup Matt Moore, so you are dreaming if you think the NFL would really step in to protect some nobody QB (hell, it lets the Panthers abuse Cam). Worse still, if O'Brien wanted Savage to be back out there and Savage refused, you don't know oldschool O'Brien very well if you don't think he'd hold that against him, forever.

Fact is, Savage was playing terribly as he always does outside the preseason, then got hurt without even lasting a game for the 2nd time, so there is nothing aside from him being not Fitz, not Hoyer, not Mallett, not Brock that he really has going for him. O'Brien has already shown that he is not the type of coach to stick a rookie out there based on potential alone and the Will Fuller/Braxton Miller experience last year doesn't provide any reason to adjust his thinking.

What I don't understand is why Texan fans continue to think that there actually is "a plan" at all. Much like the myth of this brilliant O'Brien offensive system that has been an abject failure regardless of QB type (smart, mobile, big armed), the reality seems to be that he doesn't have a friggin clue. Rick Smith may saddle him with some less than ideal choices but it's not like there is any evidence that O'Brien has been there banging on the table with his solution, either.

Going to be interesting to watch as this season is where the rubber meets the road in the Head Coach-GM power struggle as no Texans coach has ever gone into the final year of a contract without an extension, making this essentially a "contract year" for O'Brien and he certainly upped the ante by putting his name back on the OC job as well. McNair doesn't seem to ever make real changes until this team bottoms out, so it's doubtful that making the playoffs with another crappy QB motivates McNair to get rid of lil Ricky, but leverage is critical and we may be approaching a "he goes or I go" standoff. Considering McNair praised lil Ricky for his "ingenious approach" to wasting $37 million of his money, I think I know how this one ends. We are forever the team that Enron built - performance doesn't matter as long as you can pacify the stockholders with false measures of success.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if DQ is technically a free agent or not... but this is great no matter what (also he looks like he could be in football shape)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/852584507794485248

Also,
Quote:
@AaronWilson_NFL
Texans cutting offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, per a source

Why now? Why not earlier in the off-season where we could have used his $$$ to keep a player like Oday Aboushi. Rolling Eyes
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Not sure if DQ is technically a free agent or not... but this is great no matter what (also he looks like he could be in football shape)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/852584507794485248

Also,
Quote:
@AaronWilson_NFL
Texans cutting offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, per a source

Why now? Why not earlier in the off-season where we could have used his $$$ to keep a player like Oday Aboushi. Rolling Eyes

Would be great to see DQ make a comeback. Even if he didn't see the field - would be great to see him make the final roster.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: