Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk - 2016 is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Why do I get the feeling we are going to draft a TE high?

I called it much earlier this offseason and was told I was crazy...just wait

You could be a prophet

I think we'll take a RB before we take a TE...

Bengals.com just released mock has them taking Howard at 9. I would be pretty disappointed with that pick

I just look at Eifert in a contract year and injury history and the lack of development of Kroft. I can see it being a pick in the first 3 rounds. If we take Howard at 9, I will be pissed though.

With the exception of Greg Olson and Jason Witten, all the top TE's miss several games per year. It's just something you have to live with.

I'm sure if the team feels like Howard is worth pick 9, they'll take him and try to use him. But i don't think they'll take him because Eifert is in a contract year and he gets hurt.

He has played 37 games in 4 years. That is a ton of games and they should consider that when offering him a contract. If he wants top dollar for a TE, I would be hesitant.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
He has played 37 games in 4 years. That is a ton of games and they should consider that when offering him a contract. If he wants top dollar for a TE, I would be hesitant.

What i'm saying is that you're not choosing between signing Eifert or not - you're choosing between having a top TE or not. Because most TE's miss games.

Yes, it should be taken into account, because some top TE's don't miss games. But it's not going to mean he's taking a low ball offer. He'll get paid in FA.

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

What i'm saying is that you're not choosing between signing Eifert or not - you're choosing between having a top TE or not. Because most TE's miss games.

Yes, it should be taken into account, because some top TE's don't miss games. But it's not going to mean he's taking a low ball offer. He'll get paid in FA.

I know. My comment before was TE is a bigger need than most think because of the injuries and contact year. Even if we resign him, it is still a need because of the games he misses. Hence why I think they could use a first 2 day pick on a TE.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I know. My comment before was TE is a bigger need than most think because of the injuries and contact year. Even if we resign him, it is still a need because of the games he misses. Hence why I think they could use a first 2 day pick on a TE.

Ah ok. I think the team would probably take one if the value was there, but if not i think they're probably comfortable with Kroft and Uzomah. Uzomah showed some promise and development last year.

~T.S. Eliot
kmkzithndrkttns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big hope for this draft is that Tim Williams falls to us in the second and JU-ju falls to the third. Even with where our tackle and OG situation is at isn't center the biggest need still for o line?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmkzithndrkttns wrote:
My big hope for this draft is that Tim Williams falls to us in the second and JU-ju falls to the third. Even with where our tackle and OG situation is at isn't center the biggest need still for o line?

I have more confidence in Bodine at C than Ogbeuhi at LT

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
kmkzithndrkttns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
kmkzithndrkttns wrote:

I have more confidence in Bodine at C than Ogbeuhi at LT

Can't argue that point but at least the young tackles have a chance to turn it around and not suck. We know what we've got with Bodine and that ceiling ain't rising imo.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmkzithndrkttns wrote:

Not a huge Tim Williams fan. Also hoping that we get a DE in 1. And I would put LT and C as equal concerns, but one of those guys, might improve.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
kmkzithndrkttns wrote:

Not a huge Tim Williams fan. Also hoping that we get a DE in 1. And I would put LT and C as equal concerns, but one of those guys, might improve.

I'm still holding out hope for Foster at 9. I know it's not nearly as big of a need as RDE but him and burfict flying around gives me goosebumps. And headaches. I like Adams too but only if all the top DE's and foster are gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: