Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets sign CB Morris Claiborne
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
K-Ro 25


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 568
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.
To Bowles' defense Pryor looked solid his first year under Bowles.


To Bowles' responsibility, he didn't use Pryor right in his second year.
_________________
Hooker @ 6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 3870
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.
To Bowles' defense Pryor looked solid his first year under Bowles.


To Bowles' responsibility, he didn't use Pryor right in his second year.
How much of that is our CB's problem though we had to play a ton of more zone than we did in the past and it put Pryor out of his element by necessity.
_________________

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 2097
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsFan15 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
Not a fan of the contract as it doesn't make sense moving forward as it's a lose lose situation for us in my opinion.

Option 1. He balls out and ends up costing us a fortune next year either with a new contract or franchised.
Option 2. He is injured constantly/poor play. Therefore gives us nothing.
Option 3. He plays well whilst healthy but then has a few games out with injury and therefore puts us in another difficult place next year.

Would of much preferred giving him $7-8 mil a year for three years but with say 1/2mil guaranteed in year three. That way we are in control moving forward.

As it stands it's a one year rental at $5mil.


I am sorry but your not making much sense to me. You would prefer to pay an under-preforming often injured player more per year and tie him up for longer?

The deal makes total sense and is very smart. We can see him first hand over 1 year for not much money. If he gets hurt, we can walk away with no dead money. If he "balls out", depending on who we draft, we can tag and trade or let walk and get a comp pick. Or we sign him and have 1st hand knowledge of his health and work ethic. Deal works for both parties.


Well if he's signed a $5m one year deal maybe he would of taken a fully guaranteed 1st year of say $8mii with a million or two guaranteed for years two and three.

That way if he balls out we get him on a good deal and if not we cut him with not much dead money.
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 10621
Location: JetLife Stadium
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.


So I name two players Claiborne is familiar with and how he could see this as an opportunity to grow as a player and you mention Pryor? I don't see how that relates.
_________________
#LeahStrong

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?


NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8835
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.


So I name two players Claiborne is familiar with and how he could see this as an opportunity to grow as a player and you mention Pryor? I don't see how that relates.

I think his point is why should he think that Bowles can get the most out of his players in the secondary when he's not utilized Pryor correctly. My thoughts are that Pryor wasn't used correctly bc how bad our secondary was. Adding Claiborne helps and we need another CB and a FS. Ideally we target both of those with in Rounds 1-3. I still think we go Adams or Hooker at 6 so that takes care of FS. And we can than use 1 of our 3rd Rounders at CB. This should help us utilize Pryor better bc we should have better cover guys. Burris should be better this season and hopefully Claiborne stays healthy. I also haven't ruled out us trading Sheldon for a CB. (Trumaine Johnson maybe).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 2097
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffs we should have Dee Milliner and Kyle Wilson in their primes now locking down receivers! How did they end up so bad? How can they not have jobs in the NFL when they had it all on a plate in a defensive minded team!!
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10719
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.
To Bowles' defense Pryor looked solid his first year under Bowles.


To Bowles' responsibility, he didn't use Pryor right in his second year.


Oh give me a freaking break. Rex didnt use him right in year one, than he was good in year two, than Bowles' fault cuz he sucked in year 3. Lets call a spade a spade here please...this is a passing league, there is no such thing as a completely in the box SS. You have to be able to defend the pass and Pryor is god awful at it. Hes terrible in coverage and completely over pursues in the run game. Hes just not very good. He gets one more year to prove he can play or we move on. If your not versatile you have no business starting in this league.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JetsFan15


Joined: 05 Jan 2008
Posts: 788
Location: Dutchess County, NY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
Not a fan of the contract as it doesn't make sense moving forward as it's a lose lose situation for us in my opinion.

Option 1. He balls out and ends up costing us a fortune next year either with a new contract or franchised.
Option 2. He is injured constantly/poor play. Therefore gives us nothing.
Option 3. He plays well whilst healthy but then has a few games out with injury and therefore puts us in another difficult place next year.

Would of much preferred giving him $7-8 mil a year for three years but with say 1/2mil guaranteed in year three. That way we are in control moving forward.

As it stands it's a one year rental at $5mil.


I am sorry but your not making much sense to me. You would prefer to pay an under-preforming often injured player more per year and tie him up for longer?

The deal makes total sense and is very smart. We can see him first hand over 1 year for not much money. If he gets hurt, we can walk away with no dead money. If he "balls out", depending on who we draft, we can tag and trade or let walk and get a comp pick. Or we sign him and have 1st hand knowledge of his health and work ethic. Deal works for both parties.


Well if he's signed a $5m one year deal maybe he would of taken a fully guaranteed 1st year of say $8mii with a million or two guaranteed for years two and three.

That way if he balls out we get him on a good deal and if not we cut him with not much dead money.


I get you but that does not make sense for either side. Claiborne is trying to cash in and prove he can play and stay healthy. Jets don't want to tie up any more money than they have to in a player that is often inured.

Your only looking at from the Jets point of view not Claiborne's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KingOfTheDot


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 10621
Location: JetLife Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.


So I name two players Claiborne is familiar with and how he could see this as an opportunity to grow as a player and you mention Pryor? I don't see how that relates.

I think his point is why should he think that Bowles can get the most out of his players in the secondary when he's not utilized Pryor correctly. My thoughts are that Pryor wasn't used correctly bc how bad our secondary was. Adding Claiborne helps and we need another CB and a FS. Ideally we target both of those with in Rounds 1-3. I still think we go Adams or Hooker at 6 so that takes care of FS. And we can than use 1 of our 3rd Rounders at CB. This should help us utilize Pryor better bc we should have better cover guys. Burris should be better this season and hopefully Claiborne stays healthy. I also haven't ruled out us trading Sheldon for a CB. (Trumaine Johnson maybe).


Pryor has been up and down and how does a box safety who can't do anything but hit have anything to do with a Cornerback developing?
_________________
#LeahStrong

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?


NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyu


Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Posts: 390
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.


So I name two players Claiborne is familiar with and how he could see this as an opportunity to grow as a player and you mention Pryor? I don't see how that relates.

I think his point is why should he think that Bowles can get the most out of his players in the secondary when he's not utilized Pryor correctly. My thoughts are that Pryor wasn't used correctly bc how bad our secondary was. Adding Claiborne helps and we need another CB and a FS. Ideally we target both of those with in Rounds 1-3. I still think we go Adams or Hooker at 6 so that takes care of FS. And we can than use 1 of our 3rd Rounders at CB. This should help us utilize Pryor better bc we should have better cover guys. Burris should be better this season and hopefully Claiborne stays healthy. I also haven't ruled out us trading Sheldon for a CB. (Trumaine Johnson maybe).


Pryor has been up and down and how does a box safety who can't do anything but hit have anything to do with a Cornerback developing?


I never liked Pryor. He always seemed destined to become a small LB instead of a useless DB to me.

I think we've seen the best he has to offer already, and it's barely above average.
_________________
J.e.t.s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K-Ro 25


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 568
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.


So I name two players Claiborne is familiar with and how he could see this as an opportunity to grow as a player and you mention Pryor? I don't see how that relates.

I think his point is why should he think that Bowles can get the most out of his players in the secondary when he's not utilized Pryor correctly. My thoughts are that Pryor wasn't used correctly bc how bad our secondary was. Adding Claiborne helps and we need another CB and a FS. Ideally we target both of those with in Rounds 1-3. I still think we go Adams or Hooker at 6 so that takes care of FS. And we can than use 1 of our 3rd Rounders at CB. This should help us utilize Pryor better bc we should have better cover guys. Burris should be better this season and hopefully Claiborne stays healthy. I also haven't ruled out us trading Sheldon for a CB. (Trumaine Johnson maybe).


Pryor has been up and down and how does a box safety who can't do anything but hit have anything to do with a Cornerback developing?


Pryor is a damned good player when you don't ask him to play in space. He's mean to play the same damn position Darron Lee is playing right now. I like Lee as a player, but he overlaps what Pryor can do best. I'd rather see us run a 4-3 with Pyor as a LB, as this accentuates his ability as a blitzer.
_________________
Hooker @ 6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K-Ro 25


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 568
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
His former teammates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu developed well under Bowles so I can see him wanting to stick around if he plays well, stays healthy, etc. The money will be there for him.


That's more chicken or the egg than anything. Bowles has struggled to develop Pryor correctly.
To Bowles' defense Pryor looked solid his first year under Bowles.


To Bowles' responsibility, he didn't use Pryor right in his second year.


Oh give me a freaking break. Rex didnt use him right in year one, than he was good in year two, than Bowles' fault cuz he sucked in year 3. Lets call a spade a spade here please...this is a passing league, there is no such thing as a completely in the box SS. You have to be able to defend the pass and Pryor is god awful at it. Hes terrible in coverage and completely over pursues in the run game. Hes just not very good. He gets one more year to prove he can play or we move on. If your not versatile you have no business starting in this league.


Yeah, you make him a LB, and work as a pass rusher or covering TE's. He gets torched in zone and cover 3.
_________________
Hooker @ 6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8835
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do hope we use Pryor as more of an LB type SS. The problem we have is we don't have good enough cover guys around him to allow him to do that. Even his backup in Miles cant cover either. Ideally we get a cover FS in Round 1 or 2 and address CB in Round 3 so we have better cover guys around Pryor to allow him to play more in the box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group