Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Cordarrelle Patterson WR/KR/PR in FA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synyster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's a freak of nature with the ball in his hands he going to have an impact there if you let him
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
#3 WR doesn't mean slot. If he lines up outside with Cooper in the slot in 3 wide sets, that answers our slot problem. I feel like Cooper should have been playing in the slot much more than he has been, but I wonder if part of the reason was Roberts not being good enough on the outside.

Cooper in the slot would be new. Typically, Crabtree moves into the slot.

Cooper would excel in the slot, more than Crabtree. He should move inside in 3-wide sets most of the time. The staff seemed to have trouble scheming the ball to him in the past, but moving him to the slot would probably help with that.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
he's a freak of nature with the ball in his hands he going to have an impact there if you let him

Agreed. He has his shortcomings, but if given the chance, in the right offense with the right playcalling, he can carve out a role and make an impact.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Synyster wrote:

Agreed. He has his shortcomings, but if given the chance, in the right offense with the right playcalling, he can carve out a role and make an impact.

im excited he's still young also. i think he takes seth's lunch. fun insurance for crab/coop

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
As long as we have a specific role for CP and don't make him more than what he is, this will be a good signing. Have WR-Seth Roberts in offensive sets where you use his blocking. The only thing that's left is finding a shifty, quick, explosive slot WR with good hands and runs good routes that's also a dynamic punt returner. Oh I know! WR-Ryan Switzer!

As much as I like Switzer (a lot) I have a feeling CP's signing was Reggie's answer at the slot. He may not run super clean routes or have the best hands in the league, but he isn't a dud either. He is electric and his drop rate has been between 1.4-3.9% throughout his career.

He said he was unhappy with his role a few months ago, so I doubt he would have signed with us to be the same #4 WR/ST guy he was in Minny. I have a feeling he is expected to be our #3 WR and KR.

this.

plus it takes us out of the wr/rb/kr/pr early draft market

no chris mccaff

he also has scored from the rb position

i like this pick up

I like this pickup. Matter of fact, I love this pick up. We don't have to use a early draft pick on a WR or a RB like a guy like Christian McCaffrey. We can go with a MLB, SS/FS, and RT in that order or a MLB, RT, and WLB in that order in the 1st three rounds to give LDE-Khalil Mack more weapons on defense while completing the offensive line assuming we can upgrade NT-Dan Williams with a free agent NT. We can then find our slot WR in WR-Ryan Switzer in the 4th round who happens to be a dyncamic PR. It's all about protecting QB-Derek Carr and giving him as many weapons as possible.

Ehh I don't see how this takes away our need at RB at all, we still need to either sign one or use a day 2 pick on one IMO

No need to use a 2nd round pick or a 3rd round pick on a RB when we have huge glaring holes at MLB with Ben Heeney and Cory James, at RT with Austin Howard and Marshall Newhouse (Please do not mention Vadal Alexander and Denver Kirkland), and SS/FS with FS-Reggie Nelson and depending on where we play Karl Joseph going forward. This is of course if we address our WLB position and our NT position in Free Agency or else we would have more needs going into the 2017 NFL Draft. RB-DeAndre Washington, RB-Jalen Richard, FB-Jamize Olawale, and even WR-Cordarrelle Patterson on gadget plays allows us to not use a early draft pick on a RB. Plus, it's not Reggie's style to use a early draft pick on a RB. This goes back to his Green Bay days.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/5-million-guaranteed-for-cordarrelle-patterson/

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Patterson will get $5 million guaranteed under the deal, with a $2.5 million signing bonus and a $2.5 million guaranteed base salary. The base deal also includes a $250,000 workout bonus in 2017.

The potential upside comes from the ability to void the two-year contract to one year (it voids if he has 65 catches or participates in 65 percent of the offensive snaps), and the incentives package for year one.

As to incentives, Patterson gets $350,000 for 55 percent playing time, another $350,000 or 70 percent playing time, $350,000 for 55 receptions, and another $350,000 for 70 total receptions.

There’s also a $350,000 incentive for making it to the Pro Bowl, which could happen easily as a kick returner.

That should equal to a 4M cap hit for 2017 (without the incentives).

Also, i think he has a very good shot to take most of Roberts snaps on offense. Roberts isn't an ideal slot type either, has been less effective with his opportunities (catch rate, drop rate) and isn't the threat Patterson is with the ball in his hands. Patterson and Roberts are the same age so it's not like one makes more sense than the other when eyeing the future either. It's going to be a TC competition to get that #3 WR job.
Anyway, we've upgraded the position group.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/3/15/14935018/wr-kr-cordarrelle-patterson-analysis-how-he-fits-with-raiders
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/5-million-guaranteed-for-cordarrelle-patterson/

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Patterson will get $5 million guaranteed under the deal, with a $2.5 million signing bonus and a $2.5 million guaranteed base salary. The base deal also includes a $250,000 workout bonus in 2017.

The potential upside comes from the ability to void the two-year contract to one year (it voids if he has 65 catches or participates in 65 percent of the offensive snaps), and the incentives package for year one.

As to incentives, Patterson gets $350,000 for 55 percent playing time, another $350,000 or 70 percent playing time, $350,000 for 55 receptions, and another $350,000 for 70 total receptions.

There’s also a $350,000 incentive for making it to the Pro Bowl, which could happen easily as a kick returner.

That should equal to a 4M cap hit for 2017 (without the incentives).

Also, i think he has a very good shot to take most of Roberts snaps on offense. Roberts isn't an ideal slot type either, has been less effective with his opportunities (catch rate, drop rate) and isn't the threat Patterson is with the ball in his hands. Patterson and Roberts are the same age so it's not like one makes more sense than the other when eyeing the future either. It's going to be a TC competition to get that #3 WR job.
Anyway, we've upgraded the position group.

Same age as Roberts? I'll be damned. Thought Roberts was real young. Hope Patterson can learn better route running here, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd put them as about equals right now with the route running (Patterson) vs inconsistency (Roberts). Patterson can do returns though and is also a good blocker (plus he's physically bigger). Roberts knows our system and players already though. Personally, I'm hoping for them to be competing for WR4. I'd love for someone better than them at WR3, hopefully a bigger receiving target. But we could get by with a better receiving TE (be it an improved Walford or an outside candidate).

Also:
GipsySafety‏ @GipsySafety wrote:

Breakdown of CFlash's $5.25M :
* $2M to return Kicks
* $2M to be a weapon on offense
* $1.25M to keep Taiwan Jones from touching the ball

Savage Laughing . Whoever was asking about the Taiwan Jones disdain, that's why. I always get nervous when he has the ball.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
As long as we have a specific role for CP and don't make him more than what he is, this will be a good signing. Have WR-Seth Roberts in offensive sets where you use his blocking. The only thing that's left is finding a shifty, quick, explosive slot WR with good hands and runs good routes that's also a dynamic punt returner. Oh I know! WR-Ryan Switzer!

As much as I like Switzer (a lot) I have a feeling CP's signing was Reggie's answer at the slot. He may not run super clean routes or have the best hands in the league, but he isn't a dud either. He is electric and his drop rate has been between 1.4-3.9% throughout his career.

He said he was unhappy with his role a few months ago, so I doubt he would have signed with us to be the same #4 WR/ST guy he was in Minny. I have a feeling he is expected to be our #3 WR and KR.

It's not. He's NOT a slot WR. He was brought in to sure up the KR game spelling Richard who will have a larger role on offense. And have a package of plays made to get the ball in space to him.

He's not a slot WR.

He's a #4 WR who is at his best from 0-15 yards deep. He's pretty good running the ball and as a gadget player. As others mentioned, he's also a pretty good blocker.

Best kick returner in the league and a sweet gunner. I ripped him so hard for being terrible in Norv's offense, but he did very well this past season. Playing in a WCO (which is simpler than Norv's ACO), he'll do well for you.

Now go get a couple more pieces and challenge New England for the AFC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing from his time in minny is we know exactly what he's is and there is no pressure to be something that he is not

he doesn't need to be a technician to find success in our offense. he's going to be a lethal weapon to have
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
good thing from his time in minny is we know exactly what he's is and there is no pressure to be something that he is not

he doesn't need to be a technician to find success in our offense. he's going to be a lethal weapon to have

Agreed. Just the added threat he brings to the return game alone is a great addition. All added bonus that Downing and Carr get another weapon on offense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

It's not. He's NOT a slot WR. He was brought in to sure up the KR game spelling Richard who will have a larger role on offense. And have a package of plays made to get the ball in space to him.

He's not a slot WR.

He's a #4 WR who is at his best from 0-15 yards deep. He's pretty good running the ball and as a gadget player. As others mentioned, he's also a pretty good blocker.

Best kick returner in the league and a sweet gunner. I ripped him so hard for being terrible in Norv's offense, but he did very well this past season. Playing in a WCO (which is simpler than Norv's ACO), he'll do well for you.

Now go get a couple more pieces and challenge New England for the AFC.

Thanks man! We really appreciate all the great info. We've been looking for a good KR for the longest and now, we have one. It also doesn't hurt having another gunner on punt coverage with RB-Taiwan Jones especially against WR-Tyreek Hill. We need as many good special teams guys as possible after the lost of SS-Brynden Trawick, FS-Nate Allen, WLB-Daren Bates, probably WR-Andre Holmes, and who knows what's going on with LS-Jon Condo.

Besides being a electrifying kick returner and a valuable gunner on punt coverages, I can't wait to see WR-Cordarrelle Patterson and WR-Seth Roberts block for WR-Amari Cooper on those bubble screens and split screens. Same goes for WR-Cordarrelle Patterson on those design bubble screens and split screens for him as well. I also can't wait to use WR-Cordarrelle Patterson in slants, reverses, sweeps, end-arounds, flea flickers, and even some plays out of the backfield like a toss and screen passes. Him being a good blocking WR and a gadget WR really excites the Raider Nation.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YESSS!!!! I was praying that we'd sign him. Lethal return man, outstanding gunner, great gadget guy, and I could see him, at the least, putting serious heat on Seth Roberts for the #3 job(if not winning it altogether). I was hoping we'd resign Holmes but this is better. I think he'll end up our most impactful off-season addition.

Our offense is already lethal and his signing takes our special teams talent to another level as well. Defense heavy in the draft and I think we make a deep playoff run as long we remain mostly healthy.

We're coming for you Belichick Cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great signing for you guys. Kid runs hard, very hard and gives a ton of effort every play.

I'm personally upset to see him go as I think he would've done better in a Shurmur offense. However with Diggs, the emergence of Thielen, and Treadwell on the roster I guess I understand it. Hopefully you guys can maximize his talents and he can regain his rookie form as a true playmaker.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
Synyster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
I think this is a great signing for you guys. Kid runs hard, very hard and gives a ton of effort every play.

I'm personally upset to see him go as I think he would've done better in a Shurmur offense. However with Diggs, the emergence of Thielen, and Treadwell on the roster I guess I understand it. Hopefully you guys can maximize his talents and he can regain his rookie form as a true playmaker.

thanks man, i hope his abilities provide an x factor type impact on our offense assuming we can actively get him involved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: