You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Free Agency Mock Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honalulufan20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Post Free Agency Mock Draft Reply with quote

I still expect us to sign a linebacker on defense that could start aside from Worrilow. Ideally this would be Zach Brown, but I know that this is far fetched.

Lions sign Rolando McClain 1 year 1.5 million
Lions sign Anquan Boldin vet minimum

1- Jabrill Peppers SS Michigan- Maybe it's just because I'm a homer, and I'm sure on draft day I'll be devastated when we pass on him, but I really believe that taking Peppers at 21 would improve our secondary and run defense. On running downs Peppers could load up the box, and with his 4.4 speed can make plays sideline to sideline or even in the backfield. Furthermore, on passing downs, or even full time as an experiment, this pick would allow us to kick Killebrew down as an OLB.

2- Caleb Brantley DT Florida- Good interior rusher that also plays well against the run. Bolsters up our interior on the line.

3- Joe Mixon HB Oklahoma- We've attended his proday and had interviews with Mixon. At 220 with 4.5 speed and hands out of the backfield, he would present much needed depth, versatility and talent to our backfield. Mixon/Abdullah/Riddick/Zenner would be a deep backfield that could weather the injuries that tend to plague this position.

4- Ben Boulware LB Clemson- One of my personal favorites in this draft class and I think will be a steal on the third day. Great instincts and was extremely well prepared for the national championship game against Alabama, calling out to his teammates where a sweep was going before the ball was snapped and making a play for a loss. Could play on the inside or outside and I think he is capable of starting day one.

5- Josh Dobbs QB Tennessee- Good size and arm strength for the quarterback position with some mobility to boot. Excellent developmental prospect for a back up quarterback.

6- Jaylon Reeves-Maybin LB Tennessee- 4.6 speed at 240 pounds or so and had 105 tackles with 6 sacks his junior year before missing his senior season in its entirety with a shoulder injury. Can play inside or out with his size/speed combo and can compete for playing time in our diminished linebacking corps.

6- Taywan Taylor WR Western Kentucky- No exceptional, mind-boggling combine stats will blow you away from Taylor (I don't even think he got an invite), but at 5-11 and with 4.5 speed he put up over 1,700 yards receiving in his senior campaign with 17 scores. That production could indicate that Talyor has the potential to be a menace in the slot.

7-Derek Rivers DE/LB Youngstown St.- Dude had 17 TFL and 14 sacks last year. Worth a shot in the 7th.

DC
QB- Stafford, Dobbs, Ruddock
HB- Abdullah, Riddick, Mixon, Zeller
FB- Burton
WR- Tate, Boldin, Fuller
WR- Jones, Taylor
TE- Ebron, Fells, Wick
LT- Decker, Burton
LG- Tomlinson, Glasgow
C- Swanson
RG- Lang, Dahl
RT- Wagner, Lucas

DE- Ansah, Copeland
DT- Robinson, Ngata, Zettel
DT- Brantley, Spence
DE- Hyder, Washington
OLB- Worrilow, Williams
ILB- McClain, Boulware
OLB- Whitehead, Reeves-Maybin
CB- Slay, Hayden
NCB- Diggs
SS- Peppers, Killebrew
FS- Quin
CB- Lawson, Bodemosi

Lions017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that Peppers is a decent value (perhaps), but I don't like the LB group that you set up. I know, having Peppers and Killebrew could allow us to play in some sets with three safeties/hybrid linebackers, which would help, but I really think that we need to draft a true LB in the first two rounds. The rest is mostly fine, though I think that Dobbs is a complete waste, but yeah...I can't get behind this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would be bummed if we pass on peppers if he happens to be there when we pick. I just can't see him not being productive in the NFL unless someone trys to make him something he's not. I see him as an absolute disrupter. Always happens to be around the ball. But I would also understand if we went LB or DE instead and ultimately trust Quinn and whatever his decision may be.

thanks to BigBadLion20 for the (FOURTH) sick sig!
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers still reminds me of Taylor Mays if drafted to play defense. I think he is more valuable as a returner/RB than as a S/LB. I would not be excited to draft him unless we have a real plan of how to use him instead of another Van Noy situation were we draft talent but they don't have a plan on how to utilize their skills.

I am not a huge fan of not getting an edge pass rusher earlier. I hate to pigeon hole a position into a draft but I think we need a young DE in the first couple maybe three rounds and probably 2/3 drafted overall. I like the Boulware and Reeves-Maybin picks at LB. Brantly would help at DT but I feel our Ends are a much bigger issue than DT's.
mijags

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved pep in college, not huge on him as an NFL project......let someone else take the risk/figure out what he's gonna play, especially in the first round....
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Boulware pick, he is an extremely productive LB. He isn't flashy like a prototypical LB who is 6 foot 3 240 pounds and runs a 4.5 he just does his job and does it extremely well. The most underrated LB in the Draft in my opinion. Mixon is a questionable pick but I understand it and people do deserve a second chance. He would be dynamic and explosive and a true 3 down RB. Brantley is a good penetrating DT and wold be a decent pick but there might be better available there. I would love Peppers because I am a Michigan Man and I think that his overall football knowledge is at an elite level. At LB he would cause problems for RB's trying to stretch the D and QB's trying to scramble like Rodgers or Wilson. I dream about Peppers slobber knocking Rodgers and making him eat turf when he tries to scramble. Not a bad draft though.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Rivers won't be anywhere near the 7th round. He has a decent chance of being a 1st round pick.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Peppers still reminds me of Taylor Mays if drafted to play defense. I think he is more valuable as a returner/RB than as a S/LB. I would not be excited to draft him unless we have a real plan of how to use him instead of another Van Noy situation were we draft talent but they don't have a plan on how to utilize their skills.

I am not a huge fan of not getting an edge pass rusher earlier. I hate to pigeon hole a position into a draft but I think we need a young DE in the first couple maybe three rounds and probably 2/3 drafted overall. I like the Boulware and Reeves-Maybin picks at LB. Brantly would help at DT but I feel our Ends are a much bigger issue than DT's.

I dont see the comparison with Mays. Mays was extremely tight; Peppers isnt.

I myself am unsure about Peppers in the first, but I guarantee he will have a much better career than Mays, though that isnt saying much.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Boulware from what Ive seen.

He seems like that typical undersized LB that gets overlooked.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have obi
BlitzKarma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

Taylor Mays was a fat, unmotivated, slob! I don't have a clue what you are seeing in Peppers that reminds you of Mays. Waaaaaaaaaaay different body type. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different competitiveness.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: