Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Outside the Box prospect you like - any round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
32houchen32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Eddie Jackson. Perfect over the top coverage Safety. Solid tackler and good speed for the position. Has plenty experience playing CB and can play the slot position. Would be an immediate day one contributor.

I'm always cautious about bama players. Not saying their all overrated or anything. With the talent they have on that side of the ball it's sometimes difficult for me to see who makes an impact or who just benefits from having that talent around them. I know there's more then this comparison, but, it's the only one I could think of at the top of my head. Mike Mitchell when he played for the panthers and what he has really brought to us. That's my only concern.

You put in a lot of homework on this prospects, I feel as though I can trust your judgement
warfelg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32houchen32 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Eddie Jackson. Perfect over the top coverage Safety. Solid tackler and good speed for the position. Has plenty experience playing CB and can play the slot position. Would be an immediate day one contributor.

I'm always cautious about bama players. Not saying their all overrated or anything. With the talent they have on that side of the ball it's sometimes difficult for me to see who makes an impact or who just benefits from having that talent around them. I know there's more then this comparison, but, it's the only one I could think of at the top of my head. Mike Mitchell when he played for the panthers and what he has really brought to us. That's my only concern.

You put in a lot of homework on this prospects, I feel as though I can trust your judgement

I'm always more optimistic about their safeties and corners than front 7. Saben puts those guys on islands and asks his FS 's to cover it all.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Steelers love plus athletes. No way do they let Jordan Willis past us. Many are assuming he is at the worse a 3rd round pick. Let's see how close he resembles Bud Dupree's numbers.

Dupree 6'4 269 Willis 6'4 255
40- 4.56 40- 4.53
Vert- 42" Vert- 39"
BJ- 138" BJ-125"
20 SS- 4.47 20 SS- 4.28
3 Cone- 7.49 3 Cone- 6.85
Bench- Inj Bench- 24x

TFLs- 39.5 TFLs- 39.5
Sacks- 25.5 Sacks- 25.5
Forced fumbles- 5 Forced fumbles- 6

Those are some eerily similar numbers right Shocked I remember being a Dupree fan but wanted him in the 2nd or 3rd round. I felt he was too raw and would need time to learn to use his hands. In Jordan Willis, I see the same exact player. Willis doesn't have the same explosive takeoff that Dupree has but uses his hands better. Both guys are big, athletic, and fast. Willis timed as good as DeMarcus Ware in the 3 cone and was faster than Ware in the 40 yard dash.

Jordan Willis, if available, will be the pick at 30!

So saying pick 30 is a little absurd, remember Tomlin also loves JR's and underclassmen.

But also he'll be there later. ANd just remember who spotted this kid Wink His 3 cone is really good for someone so big.

Good work, Armsteeld. Didn't realize Willis comp'd to Dupree like that. I glanced over his tape and though he was decent but didn't get excited about it. Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of Dupree either.

That 3 cone is sick. I don't know if he will be the #30 pick but I could definitely see him at #62. But who knows, you might be right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
32houchen32 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I'm always more optimistic about their safeties and corners than front 7. Saben puts those guys on islands and asks his FS 's to cover it all.

It really shows how much college football I watch this year and years prior.
With knowing that now, that helps my concern with him. If I could stop drooling over Conley I may start reading and watching more of Jackson. Kinda hard to pick just one person in this class. Loved watching the combine of these defenders.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard a lot of talk about Marcus Williams FS Utah. A complete opposite from Mitchell. He's the type of FS I like but the Steelers seem to loathe. Great range, excellent ball skills and while a reliable tackler he's not overly aggressive and will lay the boom when the play allows it. Showed well at the Combine FWIW. We would be lucky to have him in the 3rd.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
kurgan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late round (5-6)

Dylan Donahue, OLB West Georgia

4.75, 30" vert, 7.2 3 cone

13.5 sacks, 67 tackles

Pass rushing monster/special teams deamon.

oksteeler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: jordan evans Reply with quote

late round (6-7) steal

combine snub
elite athlete

Jordan Evans ILB 6'2" 233lb Oklahoma University

pro day numbers:

4.50 - 40 yard faster than any combine ILB
38.5 - vertical higher than any combine ILB

98 tackles, 55 unassisted, 10 tfl, 2 sacks, 4 int, 1 ff, 1 fr, 8 pbu

2nd team all big 12 and son of Scott Evans (former 2nd team all Big 8 DT)

His perception was obviously hurt by the overall defensive play of his conference.

This man can immediately contribute in a rotation with VW.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
I haven't heard a lot of talk about Marcus Williams FS Utah. A complete opposite from Mitchell. He's the type of FS I like but the Steelers seem to loathe. Great range, excellent ball skills and while a reliable tackler he's not overly aggressive and will lay the boom when the play allows it. Showed well at the Combine FWIW. We would be lucky to have him in the 3rd.

He will be gone in the 2nd. I would love to get him but I am not sure the Steelers want a player like him.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy looks pretty interesting for a late round EDGE prospect:

Darius English, 6'5, 237 S. Carolina

Looks pretty good getting around the edge and making moves to the inside. Raw but has some nice tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRgo4AhrZe0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside the box Mock...These mostly are guys I haven't seen much chatter about. Not exactly the way I would go but here it is anyway...

R1P30 CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE COLORADO

R2P30 EDGE TYUS BOWSER HOUSTON

R3P30 TE BUCKY HODGES VIRGINIA TECH

R3P41 S MARCUS MAYE FLORIDA

R4P28 RB JEREMY MCNICHOLS BOISE STATE

R5P29 EDGE JOSH CARRAWAY TCU

R6P29 LB MARQUEL LEE WAKE FOREST

R7P30 WR JEHU CHESSON MICHIGAN

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

mwalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalker wrote:
I'm not sure how 'out of the box' these guys are, but I like them...

CB F.Moreau
CB K.King
S E.Jackson
SS D.Jones, Richmond (special athlete)
WR T.Taylor
WR/KR D.Wilson (also an OSU 'athlete', he's a poor man's Curtis Samuel)
OLB T.Hendrickson
RB J.Williams (tough, tough runner)
RB B.Hill (another strong runner)

If I had to pick just one from this list, I'd say CB K.King. He just blew up his pro day, so he's hardly off radar anymore. But at 6'3 200 4.4 speed, he'd be a great add to our D. He's skinny, but plays strong.
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me even engram Rd 1 and focus on defense the rest of the draft

Also give me green money back to use to sign our own guys
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Outside the box Mock...These mostly are guys I haven't seen much chatter about. Not exactly the way I would go but here it is anyway...

Good concept, Chief. Indeed, these are guys I've heard of, but haven't looked too closely at. After checking them out:

CHIDOBE AWUZIE has great awareness and instincts. Seems to have a nice closing burst. He doesn't look to have burner speed but tested very well at the combine - 4.4s Has short arms 30 5/8 Would be in favor of him in the 2nd or later, not sure about the 1st rd.

TYUS BOWSER is long and powerful but not sure he's quick twitch enough for what we need. He tested well but I just don't see that translating to the field. He looks the part, just wasn't that impressed with his tape. Prefer Basham as a Day 2 guy.

BUCKY HODGES is interesting. Former QB obviously has football IQ and seems to play with fire in his belly. Arms not quite as long as you would like from a guy 6'6. Not the smoothest looking athlete but fast and tends to get it done when called upon. I think he has some serious potential to be developed into a big contributor.

MARCUS MAYE has some nice lateral quickness and physicality. Like those Florida DBs. Looks to be a versatile safety with good instincts and range. Didn't test at the combine so should be interesting to see his pro day numbers. (March 28th)

JEREMY MCNICHOLS - We are spoiled watching Le'Veon Bell week in and week out. Guy is so smooth and makes other RBs look worse by comparison. McNichols had pretty good numbers at the combine but hips looks a tad stiff in film. Looks like he might have skipped leg day a few times. Laughing Probably wouldn't be my first choice at RB and wouldn't take him earlier than rd. 5

Love JOSH CARRAWAY as a 2nd OLB option. He's got some crazy talent to be developed.

Don't have time to check out the last 2 but positions look good.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a pick I'm big on, but I really think the Steelers will take a long hard look at Budda Baker. He fits their nickel back mold to a T and is position flexible as a safety. I think he is what they invisioned with Sean Davis, but better in coverage and a better tackler.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Good concept, Chief. Indeed, these are guys I've heard of, but haven't looked too closely at. After checking them out:

CHIDOBE AWUZIE has great awareness and instincts. Seems to have a nice closing burst. He doesn't look to have burner speed but tested very well at the combine - 4.4s Has short arms 30 5/8 Would be in favor of him in the 2nd or later, not sure about the 1st rd.

TYUS BOWSER is long and powerful but not sure he's quick twitch enough for what we need. He tested well but I just don't see that translating to the field. He looks the part, just wasn't that impressed with his tape. Prefer Basham as a Day 2 guy.

BUCKY HODGES is interesting. Former QB obviously has football IQ and seems to play with fire in his belly. Arms not quite as long as you would like from a guy 6'6. Not the smoothest looking athlete but fast and tends to get it done when called upon. I think he has some serious potential to be developed into a big contributor.

MARCUS MAYE has some nice lateral quickness and physicality. Like those Florida DBs. Looks to be a versatile safety with good instincts and range. Didn't test at the combine so should be interesting to see his pro day numbers. (March 28th)

JEREMY MCNICHOLS - We are spoiled watching Le'Veon Bell week in and week out. Guy is so smooth and makes other RBs look worse by comparison. McNichols had pretty good numbers at the combine but hips looks a tad stiff in film. Looks like he might have skipped leg day a few times. Laughing Probably wouldn't be my first choice at RB and wouldn't take him earlier than rd. 5

Love JOSH CARRAWAY as a 2nd OLB option. He's got some crazy talent to be developed.

Don't have time to check out the last 2 but positions look good.

Yeah, as I mentioned it's not exactly the way I'd go but I do like most of the players. Awuzie is gonna be a good one and I've seen him in the top 35. He certainly won't make it to 62. Bowser is a "new comer" in the rankings and has some interesting traits. You'd prolly rather a more polished player in Rd2. Hodges is a freak. He may have short arms but he's 6'6" and jumped nearly 40" Shocked . I like Maye. He has some ability and is one of the best 2nd tier FS in this class. McNichols is a different RB than Bell. He's more like DWill. Quick burst to the hole. A one cut and go. A good compliment to Bell given the differing styles. I wouldn't take a back this early either tho. I'm not sure why Carraway is ranked so low. He's got all the tools and was productive on a crappy TCU team. Lee isn't I guy I know much about. He's an ILB that looked good to me at the Combine. I liked his movement and his and his size/speed ratio. Chesson shocked me with his speed. Big WRs that are that fast usually don't last till the 7th Rd.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: