You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Oh well, I trust Doug Williams and Scott Campbell will evaluate the prospects properly.

Lol yep those two were so great we had to go out and get a "senior scout"
I think we hired McCloughan more for PR than anything else. Allen got killed after his press conference following the 2014 season and he's stupid "winning off the field" comment in that press conference.

Bruce & Dan knew they had to do something to change the perception in the public of their front office so they did with the hiring of McCloughan.

That never meant that they were going to agree with everything McCloughan thought they should do. It all seemed like a mirage in hindsight.

That being said, Scott Campbell has done a lot of work scouting for the skins. Both he and Williams were here in 2014. Doug Williams I believe was responsible for Anthony Lanier, who has a ton of untapped potential so I like those guys.

I continue to look back at our 2014 offseason and see the groundwork that was laid to get us to where we are now - including the hiring of Jay Gruden - and think that those two along with Allen can do the job.

Maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell.

If it's about PR.... THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING NOW?
Poor PR?

Like I've said over and over I don't expect the Redskins to have good PR. They haven't had good PR since Snyder bought the team. I'm numb to it.

Numb to what? Failure! That's what it seems like to me because that's what they are doing. Yet you still try to come up with soooo many ways on how they will one day win a SB. I don't understand that. Your this forums Larry Michaels. Its like you have to say good things about people who suck at their job or in a very important part of it. I seriously wonder sometimes do you really work for Danny boy Laughing Question
I'm numb to their stupid PR.

I only wished I worked for Dan Snyder, if I did, I'd make 5 to 10 times the $ I do.

I don't know if we are ever going to win a super bowl with the group we currently have but I think if we are retaining Kirk, adding Pryor, retaining Reed, Crowder and Davis and if Doctson stays more healthy this year that our passing game will be equivalent to what it was the last two years and possibly better in the redzone because we'll have 4 options who are 6'2 or taller.

I like our group of OL, our group of running backs and our group of corners.

I think our safeties are upgraded from what we've had since 2011 which will help our defense overall particularly in run defense and tackling receivers on 3rd downs.

We still have the draft to continue to upgrade our DL and ILB positions but I have to admit I like our young guys on the DL and at ILB. Ioannidis, Lanier and Spaight seemed to be developing as the season went on last year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so much more than bad PR. The bad PR has existed since Snyder took over the team.

This a consistent pattern of destructive behavior by Dan Snyder. He surrounds himself with brown-nosing Yes Men, treats the team like a play thing on Madden, intrudes behind the scenes, and when the team has double digit losses, he alienates fans, tosses someone (and their staff) under the bus, and then tells the media that it will be different this time.

The dude is pathological. It's his own world with his own logic. The pattern will repeat.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Literally every position is a position of need for the Redskins. Trent is a drug pop away from a year long suspension, there is one proven wide receiver here for the long term, Breeland has one more year left, and Cravens has never shown that he can play safety on all three downs at any point in his life. So, literally, there is no where that the Redskins can afford to pass on.

If Malik Hooker is there, you take him. If Leonard Fournette is there, take him. If Mike Williams is on the board, take him. If Cam Robinson is there, take him. Whoever is the highest rated on your draft board, you take him

You take the best player with the highest ceiling in the draft. You solve your needs with free agency.

Of course we're totally screwed on this because Bruce Allen will be making the draft board.
Draft board could have already been close to done by McCloughan and I would say that Scott Campbell and Doug Williams probably do more work in that area than Bruce.

Not before the combine. Literally the most important event of the year for a GM.

Believe me when I say, the GM has his board going once the deadline for declaring for the draft passes, Senior Bowl and East West games are done, GM's are already setting their boards. The combine can adjust big boards for a few, but talent evaluation is an ongoing thing.

A GM will have ongoing years of potential prospects, if they are good, which I imagine Scot was good at. That means ongoing big boards.

The combine is the biggest time of year for the GM, mainly because he gets to view the prospects up close and personal. Get actual data they need to verify what the tape doesn't show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you take the best player available that makes sense. You don't take Cam Robinson. Not when you're OT's are set. Ideally, Robinson won't be on your board because of that.

That means, you can take a RB, WR, DL, LB, or whatever could be strengthened that makes sense. With the Redskins it could very well be Mitchell Trubisky if they feel that Kirk Cousins is not going to play here after this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Also, you take the best player available that makes sense. You don't take Cam Robinson. Not when you're OT's are set. Ideally, Robinson won't be on your board because of that.

That means, you can take a RB, WR, DL, LB, or whatever could be strengthened that makes sense. With the Redskins it could very well be Mitchell Trubisky if they feel that Kirk Cousins is not going to play here after this year.
I think Cam Robinson would be a monster at LG.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

No one else has thought that Robinson should be an OG.

Dan Feeney
Dorian Johnson
Dion Dawkins

All good instead of Robinson who will be best at LT.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2146457/cam-robinson

Quote:
Robinson, the reigning Outland Award winner as the nation's top blocker, possesses the size and strength Seattle prioritizes with a skill-set which projects well to guard or tackle, wherever offensive line coach Tom Cable needs him most.

Quote:
IN OUR VIEW: Scouts will have to do their homework on Robinson's off-field issues but on the field, he's shown toughness, strength and athleticism - attributes which will help him quickly earn a starting role early in his NFL career, though not necessarily on the blindside.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/03/is_cam_robinson_an_nfl_left_ta.html

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock listed Robinson as an offensive guard in his most recent position rankings while former NFL scout and current NFL Network analyst Bucky Brooks said he sees Robinson as a better fit at right tackle.

Quote:
During meetings at the NFL scouting combine, several teams have told Robinson that they view him as a left tackle. Other teams have asked him whether he thinks he's capable of playing other positions along the line.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Kiper has us taking McCaffrey which I'd love. I still believe our first pick ends up being one of the big three RBs. I felt like we'd be taking a wide receiver last year in the first and I was right so I'll go with my gut feeling again.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Dan Feeney
Dorian Johnson
Dion Dawkins

All good instead of Robinson who will be best at LT.

We need someone who can play LT for a full season after Trent gets suspended.

Also. Robinson > Morgan Moses
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Literally every position is a position of need for the Redskins. Trent is a drug pop away from a year long suspension, there is one proven wide receiver here for the long term, Breeland has one more year left, and Cravens has never shown that he can play safety on all three downs at any point in his life. So, literally, there is no where that the Redskins can afford to pass on.

If Malik Hooker is there, you take him. If Leonard Fournette is there, take him. If Mike Williams is on the board, take him. If Cam Robinson is there, take him. Whoever is the highest rated on your draft board, you take him

You take the best player with the highest ceiling in the draft. You solve your needs with free agency.

Of course we're totally screwed on this because Bruce Allen will be making the draft board.
Draft board could have already been close to done by McCloughan and I would say that Scott Campbell and Doug Williams probably do more work in that area than Bruce.

Not before the combine. Literally the most important event of the year for a GM.

Believe me when I say, the GM has his board going once the deadline for declaring for the draft passes, Senior Bowl and East West games are done, GM's are already setting their boards. The combine can adjust big boards for a few, but talent evaluation is an ongoing thing.

A GM will have ongoing years of potential prospects, if they are good, which I imagine Scot was good at. That means ongoing big boards.

The combine is the biggest time of year for the GM, mainly because he gets to view the prospects up close and personal. Get actual data they need to verify what the tape doesn't show.

I'm assuming you mean the medical check and interviews. If that's the case, then yes, that's the biggest reason to go.

Those two can significantly alter a draftee's position.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: