Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants Sign WR Brandon Marshall
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
I can't be the only one thinking this now: Christian McCaffrey.

We signed Brandon Marshall and are reportedly either going to restructure or release Dwayne Harris. McCaffrey wouldn't only fill the need as a runningback complement to Perkins, but he can catch and return punts/kicks. It's almost too perfect at this point.

McCaffrey would create a huge matchup nightmare, too. But I'd still rather have Hassan Reddick.

Either way, we need to sign some OL talent. Lang, Warford, Leary, Reiff. Would be nice to walk away with a OT and OG.

I also like the idea of signing Lacy on a low risk contract. AP looking at 2-3M with incentives. If we could do similar with Lacy..

I'd love lacy. Earth wing and fire would be back. Also he is drastically younger than AP
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
You'd think that, right?
But Marshall said today he does not plan on doing Inside the NFL this season.
- Art Stapleton

New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign Lacy or Blount to play RB, draft Reddick with the 1st pick and Gerald Everett in the 2nd.

We are in a tough position as a team because we NEED a TE and we NEED OL help but every TE is over priced and OL is over priced as well and we won't have a cent left over after the Marshall signing, Fasano signing, bring back Robinson which means Flowers is going to be the LT for us going into the draft.

Bolles wont be there with our pick so that leave Ramsczyk which I'm not completely sold on and I don't know if putting a rookie LT is the best option for this team right now. So I think we might be better suited to take a WLB in the first with tremendous upside (same plan for Leonard Floyd) and take a pass catching TE in the second with Gerald Everett because Fasano can be our block TE. I believe this team can get by one more year with these weapons and have Flowers at LT, Pugh at LG, Richbugh at C, Hart RG and grab a OT in the 3rd round like Antonio Garcia, Taylor Moton or even Julie'n Davenport to play RT.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
sign Lacy or Blount to play RB, draft Reddick with the 1st pick and Gerald Everett in the 2nd.

We are in a tough position as a team because we NEED a TE and we NEED OL help but every TE is over priced and OL is over priced as well and we won't have a cent left over after the Marshall signing, Fasano signing, bring back Robinson which means Flowers is going to be the LT for us going into the draft.

Bolles wont be there with our pick so that leave Ramsczyk which I'm not completely sold on and I don't know if putting a rookie LT is the best option for this team right now. So I think we might be better suited to take a WLB in the first with tremendous upside (same plan for Leonard Floyd) and take a pass catching TE in the second with Gerald Everett because Fasano can be our block TE. I believe this team can get by one more year with these weapons and have Flowers at LT, Pugh at LG, Richbugh at C, Hart RG and grab a OT in the 3rd round like Antonio Garcia, Taylor Moton or even Julie'n Davenport to play RT.

Would be a great first two picks. Add in a DT, CB in the third.

Moton will be a better OG than OT, imo. I like Garcia but think he rose to the second easily.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

We signed Brandon Marshall and are reportedly either going to restructure or release Dwayne Harris. McCaffrey wouldn't only fill the need as a runningback complement to Perkins, but he can catch and return punts/kicks. It's almost too perfect at this point.

McCaffrey would create a huge matchup nightmare, too. But I'd still rather have Hassan Reddick.

Either way, we need to sign some OL talent. Lang, Warford, Leary, Reiff. Would be nice to walk away with a OT and OG.

I also like the idea of signing Lacy on a low risk contract. AP looking at 2-3M with incentives. If we could do similar with Lacy..

I'd love lacy. Earth wing and fire would be back. Also he is drastically younger than AP

McCaffrey can be a game changer for us. If he's there at pick #33 I want to see us trade up for him like we did with Landon Collins. We should be able to address OT and TE in the 1st round and free agency. Martellus Bennett would be a great signing if we can agree to a deal with JPP and/or cut Harris.

Man, I'd be excited if we can land McCaffrey and have a good answer for OT/TE. We'd be contenders IMO
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I think we're already contenders. I personally don't want McCafferey. I just think that MacAdoo wont' find the proper way to use him. I think he has a playbook set in his head and that's it. We saw very little adjustments and variations last year when things weren't working. I hope he proves me wrong, but I have my doubts.

McCaffrey can be a game changer for us. If he's there at pick #33 I want to see us trade up for him like we did with Landon Collins. We should be able to address OT and TE in the 1st round and free agency. Martellus Bennett would be a great signing if we can agree to a deal with JPP and/or cut Harris.

Man, I'd be excited if we can land McCaffrey and have a good answer for OT/TE. We'd be contenders IMO

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we cut Vereen, JT Thomas and Harris then we will save like 12 mil against the cap. That will allow us to get a tackle and a cheap running back like Blount. We will have even more if we can get JPP signed long term which we then could use to extend Pugh or Richburg.

w4rrior723 wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brandon Marshall's contract actually 2 years $11 million. Has $5 million gtd. Counts $4.5M vs cap. Nothing gtd year 2. So may be 1-year deal

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/839902834321571840
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
Brandon Marshall's contract actually 2 years $11 million. Has $5 million gtd. Counts $4.5M vs cap. Nothing gtd year 2. So may be 1-year deal

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/839902834321571840

Compare the contract and quality of player to the other free agent wide receiver deals going on right now and this deal looks even more awesome than it initially did. Marshall must really want to win because that's one hell of a team friendly contract.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly a bargain. Hopefully he has at least another year left in the tank. I don't think this should stop us from drafting a receiver in round 2 - 4.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard we L0VE Corey Davis but I just think we have too many holes to address that position this year

Gmen wrote:
Certainly a bargain. Hopefully he has at least another year left in the tank. I don't think this should stop us from drafting a receiver in round 2 - 4.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this signing. It goes without saying how impactful Brandon Marshall can be on the field but I truly admire him as a person and locker room presence. He has stepped up and become a true leader over his career.

The fact that he has been open as the face of BPD, which may be the most stigmatized mental illness there is, and the work he's done to not only get himself better but to fight for an underrepresented group of people is extremely brave. The past is the past and while you can't blame his actions on his mental illness, they were the root cause of his problems. It's the way he's handled adversity and worked to become a better man that matters.

OBJ could not have a better influence on facing whatever issues he needs to resolve(and let's be honest, I don't think his behavior is entirely a product of immaturity). Marshall can teach Beckham to use his passion and emotions positively. This is what a true leader is and I believe he will be a great locker room presence. I'm proud to have him representing Big Blue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: