You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2017 Off-Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
What do you think of Sidney Jones in the 3rd round? I say this because DRC is getting older and we don't have to play him straight away, we can groom him. This could very well be DRC last season.

If he's there in the third, for sure.

If he's there, run and do cartwheels to the podium lol
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this offseason more- what we have done so far, the needs we've filled, the players we've reportedly inquired about and not inquired about, and who we have talked to at the combine- I'm thinking the first 3 rounds are all offense unless some spectacular value happens upon us with a defensive player (ie Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett falling). The Giants say they never draft for need, but in aligning their big board on draft day, it's obvious that the need for a player makes his value rise for the Giants. I think we can expect a RB and an OL early in this draft, potentially in rounds 1 and 2. I think McCaffrey is the guy they take if he's there at 23 and Bolles, Lamp are both gone. Howard is not making it to 23 and I think the Giants like McCaffrey more than Njoku. McCaffrey is the most versatile player in the draft and the Giants love versatility. I'm totally down with taking him. I think he's gonna be a really good player, plus he gives us the flexibility to get rid of Dwayne Harris and Vereen since we have a player who is younger, cheaper, and who can very potentially do their jobs better than they can.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All the Giants DB's are posting pictures with DRC. He may have been cut, stay tuned.

Wtf?
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
All the Giants DB's are posting pictures with DRC. He may have been cut, stay tuned.

Wtf?

According to Jordan Raanan there's no truth in that.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants interested in Nick mangold

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/19/new-york-giants-nick-mangold-nfl-free-agency-rumors/
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dwayne Harris to take a pay cut, per @JordanRaanan:

New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Dwayne Harris to take a pay cut, per @JordanRaanan:

From what I've seen, it's not a pay cut as much as it is a restructure. He is receiving more guaranteed money with a lower salary but he can earn the rest back in incentives.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/23/new-york-giants-restructure-contract-running-back-shane-vereen/

Shane deal restructured
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports we're looking at Mangold. Could be a great signing at the right price. What do you guys think?
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Reports we're looking at Mangold. Could be a great signing at the right price. What do you guys think?

I don't really see the point. They seem to like Jones as C/G depth. He's much younger and much cheaper. The line is already going to consist of Flowers, Pugh, Richburg, Jerry, Fluker, Hart and Jones. That's 6 guys that can play on the interior. Why add another guy to that?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

I don't really see the point. They seem to like Jones as C/G depth. He's much younger and much cheaper. The line is already going to consist of Flowers, Pugh, Richburg, Jerry, Fluker, Hart and Jones. That's 6 guys that can play on the interior. Why add another guy to that?

We definitely need to add one more quality lineman. Preferably a Tackle. But if we can add a starting level interior lineman, kicking Pugh out to Tackle is an option since he has experience there. If they are stubborn about keeping Flowers out there, then put Pugh at the other Tackle spot and it'd be Mangold, Richburg, and whoever wins the other G spot. Or keep Pugh inside and let Hart play opposite Flowers. But then we have two below average to bad Tackles.

I think we need to look at it if he's willing to take a team friendly deal to stay local like Marshall did. We are in win now mode with a 36 year old franchise QB.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

We definitely need to add one more quality lineman. Preferably a Tackle. But if we can add a starting level interior lineman, kicking Pugh out to Tackle is an option since he has experience there. If they are stubborn about keeping Flowers out there, then put Pugh at the other Tackle spot and it'd be Mangold, Richburg, and whoever wins the other G spot. Or keep Pugh inside and let Hart play opposite Flowers. But then we have two below average to bad Tackles.

I think we need to look at it if he's willing to take a team friendly deal to stay local like Marshall did. We are in win now mode with a 36 year old franchise QB.

I guess but all of your options include moving Pugh around, which I think would be a huge mistake. He's not a good LT. My hope is that Fluker wins the RT job and we go Flowers/Pugh/Richburg/Hart/Fluker.

I guess if he's coming in at vet minimum there's no reason not to but I really don't think he makes us better. He would just be taking up a roster spot from a younger guy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

I guess but all of your options include moving Pugh around, which I think would be a huge mistake. He's not a good LT. My hope is that Fluker wins the RT job and we go Flowers/Pugh/Richburg/Hart/Fluker.

I guess if he's coming in at vet minimum there's no reason not to but I really don't think he makes us better. He would just be taking up a roster spot from a younger guy.

If we insist on the deadly duo of Flowers and Fluker at T, then Mangold would be a clear upgrade over whoever is projected to win RG.

Mangold was the 2nd highest rated pass blocker at the Center position last year according to PFF. He also has a streak of 1,037 pass blocking snaps without giving up a sack, the best active streak of its kind. Call me crazy, but that sounds like the exact type of player you want taking up a roster spot.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan was released. Total disappointment in Miami but intriguing on a cheap deal
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Dion Jordan was released. Total disappointment in Miami but intriguing on a cheap deal

Sign him for the minimum before the Pats snatch him up and turn him into an All-Pro

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: