Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

no fly zone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: no fly zone Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698444-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

what do the traders here think? I would hope we sign Revis but could we acquire both Revis and Sherman What do you expect for capscpace?

We need to sign our own players, but I thought I would pass this on since I am not cap space informed and of course we could trade Pouncey to seattle

With Finney and then re-sing Cody, a trade for Sherman for pouncey makes sense.

Of course some here would say trade Mitchell as well, so this thread never tires does it
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to give up anything for Sherman. I think he regresses majorly out of Seattles system. He's also getting up there in age. I wouldn't trade Pouncey for him, maybe if Seattle would throw in draft picks.

I am all for signing Revis, though. I think he's got a good year left in Jim. He could instantly make our secondary great.

Deadpulse on the sig
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not the biggest fan of Shermans, but do want to sign Revis. The idea of (at one time a few years ago) the 2 best CB's to help out our secondary is a thread for thought .
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
I am not the biggest fan of Shermans, but do want to sign Revis. The idea of (at one time a few years ago) the 2 best CB's to help out our secondary is a thread for thought .

Why would you sign Revis? Because he was good two years ago?

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Why would you sign Revis? Because he was good two years ago?

I think he can rebound and perhaps his career could be revived , similar to when Woodson left here, remember ? I still think Revis could be CB but could transition to FS. The jets losing and not going anywhere could have been part of Revis decline IMO.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis also kind of hinted that he mailed it in last year. He said he was 10lbs overweight which would certainly have a big effect on that position. I'm not suggesting he's gonna be the Revis of old but I don't think he's gonna be Revis of last year either. Put it this way, he's an improvement over Gay and Cockrell and his mentoring of Burns (assuming he'd want to) would be priceless. Of course this all depends on the asking price.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Revis also kind of hinted that he mailed it in last year. He said he was 10lbs overweight which would certainly have a big effect on that position. I'm not suggesting he's gonna be the Revis of old but I don't think he's gonna be Revis of last year either. Put it this way, he's an improvement over Gay and Cockrell and his mentoring of Burns (assuming he'd want to) would be priceless. Of course this all depends on the asking price.

exactly, he makes the team better so why not sign him. And if he re-opens Revis island, and can teach Burns, it's a good decision.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

Let me play Devil's Advocate. Would you trust a guy who mailed it in and was 10 lbs overweight making $17M/yr? Personally I wouldn't. That's not the type of guy the Steelers sign.

While I can see the argument for it, I just can't see it happening.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Let me play Devil's Advocate. Would you trust a guy who mailed it in and was 10 lbs overweight making $17M/yr? Personally I wouldn't. That's not the type of guy the Steelers sign.

While I can see the argument for it, I just can't see it happening.

No not for $17m. I would for say $5m tho.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: