Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defense Heavy 4 Round Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionsfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Defense Heavy 4 Round Mock Reply with quote

I will start by saying I am no expert on when prospects should be going, but I have been reading a bunch of mocks from the experts on the NFL's website so that is what I am using for my basis of my picks.

Round 1 - Takk McKinnley DE UCLA - I have seen him mocked to us a bunch recently, and at first I wasn't the biggest fan of the pick. As I have read more and seen more on him, he looks like he could become a great pass rusher and we could definitely use that on our DL. Plus he seems to be a high motor and high effort guy, so he has grown on me for being a solid pick for the Lions in the first.

Round 2 - Jarrad Davis LB Florida - We desperately need play makers at the LB position, and this kid has sideline to sideline playmaking ability. He seems to be shooting up draft boards, so I really hope the Lions have a shot at him at this spot, but he also fits the bill of a good character, high motor guy who Also happens to have a ton of athletic ability to not be a minus in the pass defense area.

Round 3 - Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma - I read that the Lions seem really interested in this kid despite the character concerns, and I will personally say I love the kids game and what he could do as a runner in a Lions uni. I also will say I have seen the video and think what he did was deplorable, but I do believe people will give this kid a chance and it very well might be our team. If you really don't like this pick sub in his partner in the backfield at Oklahoma, Samaje Perine, but I really think one of these kids will be a solid compliment to Riddick and Abdullah and a much needed boost in the run game.

Round 4 - Marcus Williams S Utah - The Lions haven't had a ball hawk at the safety position in a while. I personally see him going before this but in recent mocks it seems like this kid is getting dinged because he is not physical enough to be a combination safety, which I say who cares because he is a turnover machine. I think if you pair him with Quin and Killebrew, we get the playmaker we need in the deep secondary who can come in and play center field while the other two take on the in the box role.

That's what I got for now, still working on 5-7, but let me know what you all think.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first round pick it all depends who is also available. I would rather go with Taco Charlton, Charles Harris, or Haason Reddick but think if they are not available that McKinley is a solid pick.

I think that Jarrad Davis is a good player but more as a 3rd round guy. If any of these guys are available I would go with them in the 2nd: Zach Cunningham, Kevin King, Tyus Boweer, or Teez Tabor.

I like Mixon and would draft him (I know and understand why a lot of us here would disagree) if he was available in the 3rd. Barring that I would take any of these guys: Desmond King, Jourdan Lewis, Jaleel Johnson, Chris Wormley, Demarcus Walker, or Jarrad Davis.

Marcus Williams is solid in round 4. I would also consider: Anthony Walker, Vince Biegel, Eddie Vanderdoes, Kendell Beckwith, and Marcus Maye.
justwantwins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Hassan Reddick or Zack Cunningham in Rd1. Most people have Cunningham going 20-30. I think he is being overlooked because of the Reddick hype. Cunningham is a great football player.

I would balance that out by going with Tanoh Kpassagnon in Round 3. I know this draft is deep at DE but this guy has serious upside.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takk is a bust at de imo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: