Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 2nd pick in the NFL Draft...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The San Francisco 49ers Select?
Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mitchell Trubiskey, QB, North Carolina
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Jamal Adams, S, LSU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: With the 2nd pick in the NFL Draft... Reply with quote

1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers - ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Kyle Shanahan folks. He likes his Qbs to be like Schaub, Grossman, Bulger, McCown, Ryan and Hoyer. Basically a vet he can work with that can learn his complicated offense.

I think he'll pass on taking a Qb round 1. I'm fairly certain he's going to take Mike Williams. Kyle loves his WRs, I can't see them not taking him.

I know before Allen's bad medicals it was projected he'd go here but I even questioned that because they drafted two DE/DT types in the previous two drafts.

They have Eric Reid as a FS and I think it's too high for the LBs and corners in the draft.

So it's pretty obvious to me they'll go with Mike Williams.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mike Williams is a stretch. Hooker could be an option because Reid can play up close as well. That could also open up Adams.

I don't have Williams going until 13 in my mock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A month ago I would have said you were crazy if you didn't have Jonathan Allen at 2. Now after his shoulder stuff has come out I think Solomon Thomas goes 2.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I think Mike Williams is a stretch. Hooker could be an option because Reid can play up close as well. That could also open up Adams.

You need to realize who's running things there. It's Kyle. He's going to go best offensive player available and that's Williams.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

You need to realize who's running things there. It's Kyle. He's going to go best offensive player available and that's Williams.
Fournette is the best offensive player available. A lot of people have Corey Davis rated higher than Williams.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Fournette is the best offensive player available. A lot of people have Corey Davis rated higher than Williams.

Turtle, I do know who is running things there, but I can assure you that John Lynch is going to make his mark as a GM and it will be early. He needs to prove himself just as much as Kyle does. I don't see Lynch being the talent evaluator but more a competent negotiator much like John Elway can be.

Mike Williams ran a sub 4.5 40 at his pro day which solidifies his position as the best WR in the draft, in my opinion. Corey Davis just had unbelievable production at Western Michigan. Fournette is the best offensive player in the draft.

Because the Niners signed Garcon and have some other WR's on the roster, it is likely that they address the defense early.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the signings of Garcon, Goodwin, and Robinson delay them from taking a WR at #2. They still have Kerley too.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be shocked if they go defense. They have safeties, there isn't a corner worth a top 5 pick and I don't see the reason to take a running back that high either. Carlos Hyde is a very good back. All signs point to Mike Williams to me. I guess we'll see.

Goodwin isn't that good, he's a track guy trying to play football. You can do a lot of things with him because of his return ability and speed but I don't think he's a starter in the NFL. Then, Kerley is best as a slot guy.

You put Mike Williams opposite Garçon as the starts with Kerley in the slot and Goodwin as a return guy, and deep threat they'll be stacked at wr.

Basically Aldrick Robinson and Goodwin are a lot a like except Goodwin can be a return guy and Robinson has never been good at that despite his straight line speed.

In a perfect world, Goodwin & Robinson are #4/5 guys on your wr depth chart.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle, you are not getting the value at #2 if you take Williams. He is going to be overpaid for a rookie WR when they just spent a load of money on Garcon.

Sorry, but with the amount of defense in this draft and San Francisco having one of the worst defenses, they are likely to choose either a CB, S, or DL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Turtle, you are not getting the value at #2 if you take Williams. He is going to be overpaid for a rookie WR when they just spent a load of money on Garcon.

Sorry, but with the amount of defense in this draft and San Francisco having one of the worst defenses, they are likely to choose either a CB, S, or DL.
Yes, there is defense in the draft but you're overlooking the fact that there isn't a top 5 corner, the 49ers have young safeties already, they drafted two young DTs in the last two drafts and there are no linebackers worth taking in the top 5.

On defense they need corner - but I don't see a top 5 prospect in this draft - they need 4-3 DEs but Garrett will be gone and I think it's too high to take Foster.

Perhaps they take Hooker or Adams to go with Eric Reid, but it seems like overkill for the safety position. They could take a Fournette but again, they have Hyde.

Perhaps what's best for them is to trade back 5 spots and then take either Williams, Barnett, Foster or one of corners or safeties there if they are still available.

Williams' rookie deal is not going to be a killer, I don't even understand that argument. 4 years $27million is not going to wreck a team's cap with the 2nd most cap space in the NFL.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Solomon Thomas, he's a good DE, going to be a solid NFL player. I project him as a consistent LDE in the NFL, a 5 to 10 sack guy who's going to be a solid run defender but not be close to elite. I don't think he has elite pass rush ability and he doesn't have the length you want when you're taking a pass rusher top 5. I would not select him over Mike Williams who may have some issues but he has all the tools and size to be an elite wide receiver in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: