Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign CB Brandon Carr

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
keysersoze3421


Moderator
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 34412
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Ravens sign CB Brandon Carr Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/842462202015674368

Quote:
Adam Caplan‏
@caplannfl


#Ravens reached a 4-year deal with CB Brandon Carr, team announced.

_________________


animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starless


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 11114
Location: Ant-Baby Machete Squad
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 years? Dude will be 31 in two months. That's probably a 2-year deal effectively.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M.10.E


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1653
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
4 years? Dude will be 31 in two months. That's probably a 2-year deal effectively.
Just like every other NFL contract.

Lets geaux
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11665
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that talk about Claiborne and then we get Carr? Laughing

I like it. My favorite thing is that he has played 16 games in 9 straight season. I am literally knocking on wood as i type for that to continue. We really need a corner who can stay healthy and not be absolutely terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11665
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
4 years? Dude will be 31 in two months. That's probably a 2-year deal effectively.


Yep, we do that a lot with the older vets we sign. Split the money evenly across the middle and make it an easy escape halfway through.

Edit: Yep, that's exactly what it seems to be. 4 years $24M on paper, but really 2 years $12M.

What do Cowboys fans think of his play?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roysmyboy31


Moderator
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 25621
Location: NY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Cowboys fans generally ragged on him because he did not play up to the standards of his giant contract, but he is overall a very solid starter. He is reliable and durable, won't make many splash plays. Would have liked him back.
_________________
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 3386
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
All that talk about Claiborne and then we get Carr? Laughing

I like it. My favorite thing is that he has played 16 games in 9 straight season. I am literally knocking on wood as i type for that to continue. We really need a corner who can stay healthy and not be absolutely terrible.


He may not be as potentially good as Claiborne, at this stage in his career, but he plays games. Which is something Claiborne struggles to do.

Happy enough, for what is clearly a short term deal. Hopefully the Ravens can go and get someone in the draft who will be in a position to take Carr's place at some point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Action Jackson


Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 3065
Location: Ft.Worth, Texas
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr is a good solid pro and from all accounts a great locker room guy. I like the move for Baltimore. Really was hoping he'd come back to Dallas on a 1-2 year deal but it is what it is. Hope he does well for you guys.
_________________

EL ramster on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 67447
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing. Carr is an underrated player. You're getting him for less than half the cost of Gilmore, and Carr is just as good in the right scheme.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OleXmad


Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 237
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needed a number two CB, I wish we would've gotten a younger one but I guess Tony Jefferson is the stud young DB and I'm happy with the ravens FA so far.
_________________
I'm not an honest person, I'm just 50 honest hamsters in a trench coat that learned to type.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11701
Location: MD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
All that talk about Claiborne and then we get Carr? Laughing

I like it. My favorite thing is that he has played 16 games in 9 straight season. I am literally knocking on wood as i type for that to continue. We really need a corner who can stay healthy and not be absolutely terrible.


He may not be as potentially good as Claiborne, at this stage in his career, but he plays games. Which is something Claiborne struggles to do.

Happy enough, for what is clearly a short term deal. Hopefully the Ravens can go and get someone in the draft who will be in a position to take Carr's place at some point.


With out safety tandem behind them, Mosely in the middle and the D-line we have, a just "solid" corner who can stay in coverage is perfectly OK. When Jimmy went down and Young was the only credible guy, our D completely fell apart.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11701
Location: MD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
We needed a number two CB, I wish we would've gotten a younger one but I guess Tony Jefferson is the stud young DB and I'm happy with the ravens FA so far.


I think we still have a very good chance of getting one at #16.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
OleXmad


Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 237
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
OleXmad wrote:
We needed a number two CB, I wish we would've gotten a younger one but I guess Tony Jefferson is the stud young DB and I'm happy with the ravens FA so far.


I think we still have a very good chance of getting one at #16.


Nah ozzie would be drafting a CB to be our no.4 CB for this year and potentially no.3 next year, The ravens like Tavon Young and Carr should be a solid starter for a year or two and that allows the ravens to address other needs (Pass Rusher, WR, O-line, RB etc.)

I wouldn't rule it out but the ravens aren't likely to draft a CB over a pass rusher when they only have Suggs and unproven young players.
_________________
I'm not an honest person, I'm just 50 honest hamsters in a trench coat that learned to type.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 48515
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best word to describe Carr is solid. Second best word is reliable.


We have a bitter taste because we paid him to be great. He is a great human, but just a solid CB.
_________________


Adopted Cowboy - Jaylon Smith - Stats:NERVE FIRING!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 3386
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
OleXmad wrote:
We needed a number two CB, I wish we would've gotten a younger one but I guess Tony Jefferson is the stud young DB and I'm happy with the ravens FA so far.


I think we still have a very good chance of getting one at #16.


Nah ozzie would be drafting a CB to be our no.4 CB for this year and potentially no.3 next year, The ravens like Tavon Young and Carr should be a solid starter for a year or two and that allows the ravens to address other needs (Pass Rusher, WR, O-line, RB etc.)

I wouldn't rule it out but the ravens aren't likely to draft a CB over a pass rusher when they only have Suggs and unproven young players.


I think it just depends how the board falls. If the BPA is a Corner, I think the Ravens would take him. They know how much your season can fall apart if you don't have the quality at that position. They know that Jimmy Smith is likely to get hurt.

Right now, I like the idea of getting a CB in the 2nd. The depth is there, and while they might not be able to get a guaranteed #1 CB, they can get a #2.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group