Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 2.0 post combine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Mock 2.0 post combine Reply with quote

I like this one. I think I got good value. Little heavy on edge but perhaps we eliminate the need for a bit. Would have liked an ILB and a CB but value was never there. That is what FA is for, I used the fanspeak draft generator with the CBS prospect order and fanspeak needs assesment

30: R1P30 TE DAVID NJOKU
MIAMI (FLA.)

62: R2P30 EDGE DEMARCUS WALKER
FLORIDA STATE

94: R3P30 EDGE RYAN ANDERSON
ALABAMA

105: R3P41 WR CHRIS GODWIN
PENN STATE

135: R4P28 RB MARLON MACK
SOUTH FLORIDA

173: R5P29 DL EDDIE VANDERDOES
UCLA

213: R6P29 S XAVIER WOODS
LOUISIANA TECH

248: R7P30 EDGE GARRETT SICKELS
PENN STATE
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Imnot sure on what to think of Anderson...Njoku/Walker/Goodwin are all awesome values.

I think Walker only a tic or so behind Allen who everyone sees going top 15.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker is not an EDGE player in the NFL. He looks way better inside as a 3 tech. He might also play RDE

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Walker is not an EDGE player in the NFL. He looks way better inside as a 3 tech. He might also play RDE

Disagree. I know some of the "experts" are trying to peg him as that. I see him as scheme versatile and even position versatile depending on how he wants to develop himself. He has the size, power, length, and technique to get to the QB from the EDGE in either scheme imo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Disagree. I know some of the "experts" are trying to peg him as that. I see him as scheme versatile and even position versatile depending on how he wants to develop himself. He has the size, power, length, and technique to get to the QB from the EDGE in either scheme imo.

I don't see Walker as an Edge player either, at least not a good one. I actually think he'd make a better 3-technique if I'm being honest.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I don't see Walker as an Edge player either, at least not a good one. I actually think he'd make a better 3-technique if I'm being honest.

He'd be a little bit of a project at 34 OLB. He'd have to lean down a bit and get stronger. I can see him bulking up and being a 3 Tech also.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the way this draft fell to me. FA still needed but that is life. Keep drafting like this and FA becomes less important down the road

30: R1P30 EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
UCLA

62: R2P30 TE GERALD EVERETT
SOUTH ALABAMA

94: R3P30 S MARCUS WILLIAMS
UTAH

105: R3P41 EDGE DEMARCUS WALKER
FLORIDA STATE

135: R4P28 RB D'ONTA FOREMAN
TEXAS

173: R5P29 DL DEANGELO BROWN
LOUISVILLE

213: R6P29 TE MICHAEL ROBERTS
TOLEDO

248: R7P30 EDGE GARRETT SICKELS
PENN STATE
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I agree.

Heres what i had written in my notes.

Strengths: Has good ball awareness. Can be a nasty tackler. Has a lot of power in arms and upper body. Uses swim technique well especially vs OG's.

Weaknesses: Motor. Will be interesting to see if arms are long enough to play outside vs OT's may have to be an undersized 3 Tech. Is not explosive.

Had a big game statistically vs Ole Miss. ...think it was against a true freshman or something as I recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: