You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mayanfootball


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 1513
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TedLavie wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:
if we could somehow sign hodges too paired with Logan our run D would certainly be looking much better.

wondering what Zach brown will end up signing for. he played well last year.


Hodges isn't good. The only way to get a quality LB now is the draft
Agreed. And they'll go early. Someone here mentioned quality dries up after the first 2 rounds. I agree with that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 3188
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hodges is a pretty good run defender. With that said though I could see us going ILB early in draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13849
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
I think hodges is a pretty good run defender. With that said though I could see us going ILB early in draft.
it shows that Dirsey is willing to fix a problem right away.

DJ(maybe)
Hodges/March/Wilson
Draft pick/DJA

Lot of bodies there. Gamblers fallacy says somethings gotta pan out in all that.
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3794
Location: Lost inside my sick head
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
if we could somehow sign hodges too paired with Logan our run D would certainly be looking much better.

wondering what Zach brown will end up signing for. he played well last year.



From roto:

Quote:
Free agent LB Zach Brown is visiting the Raiders on Wednesday.
It's Brown's first visit of free agency. The former Titans second-rounder never panned out in Tennessee, but he had a big year in the Bills' 3-4 scheme in 2016, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 12 inside linebacker out of 59 qualifiers, receiving plus marks for both his run defense and coverage. The Raiders' 2016 starting inside 'backers, Perry Riley and Malcolm Smith, are both free agents, with Smith already signing with the 49ers. Brown is still just 27.

_________________
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 3188
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i figured teams would be interested in Zach brown this offseason, but think hodges will be the cheaper option and we just don't have the $
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3794
Location: Lost inside my sick head
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
yeah i figured teams would be interested in Zach brown this offseason, but think hodges will be the cheaper option and we just don't have the $


Agreed. Both solid guys and could help right away but after what we handed to Logan i think we're officially tapped out for cash.
_________________
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3794
Location: Lost inside my sick head
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe to Atl. 1 year 8 mil (10 possible with incentives)

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/16/falcons-agree-to-terms-with-dt-dontari-poe/
_________________
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Poe to Atl. 1 year 8 mil (10 possible with incentives)

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/16/falcons-agree-to-terms-with-dt-dontari-poe/


Almost what we signed Logan for..
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3794
Location: Lost inside my sick head
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Poe to Atl. 1 year 8 mil (10 possible with incentives)

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/16/falcons-agree-to-terms-with-dt-dontari-poe/


Almost what we signed Logan for..



That was my first thought. He must've wanted to break the bank in KC initially or we were really on the fence about his back.
_________________
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingseanjohn


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 5003
Location: Global
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Poe to Atl. 1 year 8 mil (10 possible with incentives)

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/16/falcons-agree-to-terms-with-dt-dontari-poe/


Damn. I was hoping it'd be a bigger deal that would get us a comp pick.
_________________


The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3794
Location: Lost inside my sick head
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Confused

Roto:

Quote:
Chiefs signed S Marqueston Huff, formerly of the Ravens.
Huff was a deep reserve for the Ravens last season after being claimed off waivers from the Jaguars. He will try to carve out a role on special teams in Kansas City.
Related: Ravens

_________________
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 15324
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Poe to Atl. 1 year 8 mil (10 possible with incentives)

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/16/falcons-agree-to-terms-with-dt-dontari-poe/


Almost what we signed Logan for..



That was my first thought. He must've wanted to break the bank in KC initially or we were really on the fence about his back.


Judging by the number of stops he had, and how long it did take him to sign, I think he absolutely was expecting to break the bank. I think he thought he was going to get a 5 year $60M kind of deal, we said no immediately, and by the time he realized that wasn't a reality, the team had already moved on.

I'm fine with it. Everything I'm hearing from Eagles fans suggests that Logan has clearly outplayed Poe the last year, and maybe two, and he doesn't have the health concerns. But then, I've been arguing Poe's decline for over a year, now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3794
Location: Lost inside my sick head
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some highlights:

https://youtu.be/8TWd7En8-m0

Scouting report:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/marqueston-huff?id=2543776
_________________
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3794
Location: Lost inside my sick head
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where we got some $$ from:

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/17/report-derrick-johnson-anthony-sherman-take-a-pay-cut/

Quote:
Per Field Yates of ESPN, Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson took a pay cut for 2017, creating $4.25 million in cap room.

Source: Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson has taken a pay cut for 2017. He got a $1M signing bonus & $1M base salary, creating ~$4.25M in cap space.

Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 17, 2017

Also, fullback Anthony Sherman dropped his 2017 base salary from $1.55 million to $1.1 million and also dropped his roster bonuses, creating $550,000 in cap room.

_________________
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
This is where we got some $$ from:

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/17/report-derrick-johnson-anthony-sherman-take-a-pay-cut/

Quote:
Per Field Yates of ESPN, Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson took a pay cut for 2017, creating $4.25 million in cap room.

Source: Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson has taken a pay cut for 2017. He got a $1M signing bonus & $1M base salary, creating ~$4.25M in cap space.

Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 17, 2017

Also, fullback Anthony Sherman dropped his 2017 base salary from $1.55 million to $1.1 million and also dropped his roster bonuses, creating $550,000 in cap room.


This shows how great these 2 guys are on and off the field. Class acts for realizing the team needed cap space and the took less to help the team
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group