Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 OL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
If you're looking for a RT, Moton or Dawkins?

Haven't really watched Dawkins, but I love me some Moton. He blocks people to the roots. I was also super impressed with his ability to move pick up blocks; the man finds work.
Techbert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:

The same can be said about the Alabama game 15' and Oregon 15' when he was punking their DTs especially Buckner

I don't think you read any of the posts you respond to.

How many times did Elflein pull against Alabama? You do know the discussion is about his vision, not his ability to down block.

(Interesting use of the word "punking", as Alabama consistently pushed him back, and I wasn't even talking about his ability to win battles. Oregon was good, but not "punking" good.)
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techbert wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Yes. Moton or Dawkins.

Yeah, both are really good options. I'm good with either, and there isn't much separation between the two.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Techbert wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Yes. Moton or Dawkins.

Yeah, both are really good options. I'm good with either, and there isn't much separation between the two.
Maybe I need to watch Dawkins more, but I wasn't impressed in the game I watched of him

Does anyone have a link to tape of Ethan Cooper? I loved his movement at the combine and he is built so squarely

#1 ET Supporter
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to watching the one video on Chase Roullier. I want to see him at Center, but I think I like his skill-set more than Pocic's and Elflein's.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I finally got around to watching the one video on Chase Roullier. I want to see him at Center, but I think I like his skill-set more than Pocic's and Elflein's.

I pointed him out when I saw his #'s at the combine. The kid looks really, really good, I'm really not sure why he isn't getting any hype at all. People seem to be ignoring him even as a late round guy.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parker Collins from Appalachian State is awesome. Nastiest OL in the class by far. Looks like a future pro bowler to me.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Parker Collins from Appalachian State is awesome. Nastiest OL in the class by far. Looks like a future pro bowler to me.

Is he a Center in the NFL? Seems a bit small to be an OG in most schemes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

Is he a Center in the NFL? Seems a bit small to be an OG in most schemes.

Yeah. But I do think he's plenty strong enough to play anywhere on the interior. Only watched two games of his, but he dominated dudes in both of them and showed up playing through the whistle every play. Just the kind of badass lineman people want.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone caught Jermaine Eluemunor tape? I like him better than Avery Gennesy.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolles-the only OT at the top of the draft who has the athletic background of a starting left tackle. think he's gonna be amazing when you get him into a strength program. think David Bakhtiari, Jordan Gross and Jason Spriggs. top-10 talent.

Lamp-not totally sure I wouldn't let him play tackle, but he didn't look good at it during his one Senior Bowl practice. athletically can play offensive tackle if you're cool with him playing at 6'3" like Marshall Newhouse has. think he'll play there in a pinch but will be a Pro Bowl guard in any scheme.

Robinson-not sure if he's a LT, but I'd try him there before kicking him to RT or guard. he's really young and can turn it on when he wants to.

Moton-right there on the athletic marks of a franchise left tackle. played RT and guard, but he was flawless last year. watched him vs the likes of Basham and Watt and Biegel and never thought he needed help. huge fan of him since October and was the best OT at the Senior Bowl.

Holden-had some ups and downs against Charles Harris, but everyone does. might be too tall to kick inside to guard, but he could play there in a zone scheme. huge fan of his game. came in last day of the Senior Bowl and blew everyone out of the water.

Feeney-plug and play zone guard with concussion issues. did fine snapping the ball in Mobile and played tackle in a pinch (6'4") for Indiana.

Roullier-watching him at Wyoming is amazing. he's basically used as a feature offensive lineman. pulls, sweeps, folds, you name it. the team kinda ran through him. think he can play guard or center in the NFL. not sure if there are 10 teams where he wouldn't be one of their best five. crazy underrated.

Norton-watch him against BYU's duo of extremely athletic pass-rushers. doesn't need much help at all. I think he's going to be the steal of the draft in terms of the tackle prospects.

Levin-quietly think he can be a plug and play starter. played some tackle and guard at Tennessee-Chattanooga. IIRC, he was a guy who had Power 5 looks but then got injured in high school and stuck with the hometown team. all over All-American lists. he's basically J.C. Tretter all over. FCS offensive lineman who is under 6'4" so you get a massive discount on his talent.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about Levin. He might be one of the best pulling guards in this draft. Very comfortable on the move.

Brad Seaton is a guy I could see doing better than anticipated. My hot take: he has a longer career than his more heralded Villanova defensive counterpart, Tanoh Kpassagnon.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramczyk is gonna drop, right? One-year player who got some help in matchups and lost against some of the little edge talent in the Big 10 (Charlton) and has a hip injury and didn't test at all this draft cycle. A lot of Charlton's hype was built around beating Ramczyk, but then we realized Charlton isn't that good...but we keep Ramczyk on a pedestal? Something doesn't check out here.

Top 8 OL in this class:
Bolles (OT)
Lamp (OT/OG/OC)
Robinson (OT/OG)
Moton (OT/OG)
Ramczyk (OT)
Feeney (OG/OC)
Elflein (OC/OG)
Holden (OT/OG/OC?)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Lamp-not totally sure I wouldn't let him play tackle, but he didn't look good at it during his one Senior Bowl practice. athletically can play offensive tackle if you're cool with him playing at 6'3" like Marshall Newhouse has. think he'll play there in a pinch but will be a Pro Bowl guard in any scheme.

Play him at Center and enjoy having an All Pro at that position for the next decade. If he falls past the 20th pick, NFL teams are stupid.

Quote:
Moton-right there on the athletic marks of a franchise left tackle. played RT and guard, but he was flawless last year. watched him vs the likes of Basham and Watt and Biegel and never thought he needed help. huge fan of him since October and was the best OT at the Senior Bowl.

Flawless? He had some issues against T.J. Watt. BTW, have you backed off your T.J. Watt hate after his athletic testing? Wink

Quote:
Feeney-plug and play zone guard with concussion issues. did fine snapping the ball in Mobile and played tackle in a pinch (6'4") for Indiana.

I'd be inclined to move him to Center as well because of his power issues. He definitely cannot play OT at the NFL level. He got abused when they played him at RT in the game I watched.

Quote:
Roullier-watching him at Wyoming is amazing. he's basically used as a feature offensive lineman. pulls, sweeps, folds, you name it. the team kinda ran through him. think he can play guard or center in the NFL. not sure if there are 10 teams where he wouldn't be one of their best five. crazy underrated.

Roullier is a stud. I like his skill-set more than Pocic's and Elflein's. His balance in pass pro could stand to improve at Center, but everything else in his game is there. He's also a lot more polished than you'd expect a Wyoming player to be. I'll put that on Bohl and his staff. Really underrated player. I'd take him late Day 2 or early Day 3 at Center for the Rams.

Quote:
Norton-watch him against BYU's duo of extremely athletic pass-rushers. doesn't need much help at all. I think he's going to be the steal of the draft in terms of the tackle prospects.

Levin-quietly think he can be a plug and play starter. played some tackle and guard at Tennessee-Chattanooga. IIRC, he was a guy who had Power 5 looks but then got injured in high school and stuck with the hometown team. all over All-American lists. he's basically J.C. Tretter all over. FCS offensive lineman who is under 6'4" so you get a massive discount on his talent.

I don't know much about Levin. I'll give him a watch. I didn't like Norton when I watched him. I thought he had a bad combination of stiffness, anchor issues, and iffy balance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Watt will fail at EDGE and do well at off the ball LB. I would not grade Watt's game against Moton as a positive for Watt.

Feeney's not gonna be a RT for you no way. I just think that if stuff goes south real fast, he can move out like Sitton did. You might only need one swing tackle. Opens up a spot for a true center vs a swing interior lineman on your active 8 OL on game days. Numbers matter in that way IMO.

Norton can move, man. LIS, watch BYU. Two of their EDGEs have like top-25 % athleticism for EDGEs on the NFL level. Really underrated IMO. He did well shutting them down. He could be a huge steal in the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 45 of 57

Jump to: