Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

March Madness Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: March Madness Mock Reply with quote

Upon taking some heat, I want to make my plan transparent. I'm 110% happy with a rebuild, if done proper. The key is not to bring in bandaids at premier positions. (IE Cutler)

Free Agency: (All are bang for buck type of players)

- CB - Mo Claiborne - His injury history has scared some teams away, but he's the type of player I'd put on a prove it deal for one year. When healthy, he was looking like a premier Corner this past season.

- SS - TJ McDonald - I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan of his out of USC, but he's shown the ability to play better in space than expected. Hips are actually fluid, and I've seen definite improvement. Another guy, only 26 years old, that can come in and start at SS.

- ILB - Kevin Minter - I'm really proud of Minter's progress. Loved him out of LSU. Minter/Lee duo gives us much more speed and ability to play sideline to sideline at LB. Only 26 years old.

- TE Austin Serafin-Jenkins - When ASJ was healthy, I thought he played well. He's a net positive blocker and has really solid hands. I wouldn't give up on him. He was a monster with Washington and is still relatively young.

- OT - Kelvin Beachum - We have to spend at LT. We seriously have no choice at this point unless we want to get our QB injured. At 28 year old, we can have our LT position fortified for the next 3-4 seasons. As this will be his second season back from the ACL, his explosiveness should return to full form and we can grab him on a bargain contract.

RB - Denard Robinson - Can be had for pennies, essentially. With Powell as the lone RB on the roster, Robinson is a cheap insurance policy that provides some lightning and creativity for play calling on offense.

QB - Geno Smith - Another guy, along with ASJ and Shoelace, that can be had for pennies. As we have saved so much money at the QB position, we can fill other holes on the roster. Geno is the youngest/most upside QB left on the market, and will be the most cost affordable.

----------
Cuts:

Matt Forte - No need for a 31 year old running back to suffer on this roster. Let him go to a winner.

Marcus Gilchrist - Was a liability all season. Rather see an in house replacement in the draft.

David Harris - The signing of Minter allows us to free ourselves from the aging Harris.
----

Trade: Sheldon Richardson and Calvin Pryor for the Cleveland Browns pick 52. The Jets package Richardson and Pryor together to the Browns who have 3 second round selections. Instead of packing Sheldon for a 3rd and Pryor for a 4th or 5th, they get a package deal for a top 60 selection.

Draft:
6. QB - Deshaun Watson - I'm pro-trade down and pro-Hooker at 6, however, I have an inside source that has been telling me the Jets were drooling over Watson at the combine and that's the reason why they're being so coy with FA's. He's flying up the boards right now.

37. CB - Adoree Jackson - This kid has all the tools. Great ball skills, elite playmaker, keeps head on a swivel, special teams star.

52. FS - Budda Baker - Kid's a natural football player and playmaker. Would love to see him in the Honey Badger Role.

70. RB - Joe Mixon - Best NFL RB in the draft. Point blank period. We're so devoid of talent we have to grab value.

107. TE - Jake Butt - Another value selection. If he wasn't injured, I'm sure he'd be a 2nd round pick. Best TE Jets have had since Keller's departure.

150. C Tyler Orlosky - A Center that can compete with Johnson

191 - EDGE Ejuan Price - Macc's philosophy looks to draft an Edge guy every year. This year, no different.

224. FB - Sam Rogers - News was that we were looking for a FB again.

QB - Geno - Watson - Hackenberg
RB - Mixon - Powell - Shoelace
WR - Anderson, Smith
WR - Enunwa, Peake
Slot - Decker, Marshall
TE - ASJ - Butt - Bostik
LT - Beachum - Ijalana
G - Carpenter - Dozier
C - Johnson - Orlosky
G - Winters -
RT - Shell - Ijalana

----
Defense:

DT - Leo - Johnson
NG - McClendon - Simon
DT - Wilkerson - Pennell

OLB - Jordan Jenkins - Bishop
ILB - Lee - Martin
ILB - Minter
OLB - Mauldin - Lemonoir

CB - Claiborne - Burris
CB - Jackson - Robers
Nickel - Skrine - McDougle
FS - Baker - Miles
SS - McDonald - Miles

Last edited by K-Ro 25 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for saying we are salivating over Watson because it will drive trade offers/QB contracts down for us and if someone takes Watson ahead of us then we land a player that I'd consider better. From a strategical standpoint it makes a lot of sense to hide moves we want to make.

As for FA I like it, I don't love Geno for reasons I've already stated. I'd like us to take a hard look at Claibourne I think he'd be a perfect addition. I still have hopes for Beachum too.
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
I'm all for saying we are salivating over Watson because it will drive trade offers/QB contracts down for us and if someone takes Watson ahead of us then we land a player that I'd consider better. From a strategical standpoint it makes a lot of sense to hide moves we want to make.

As for FA I like it, I don't love Geno for reasons I've already stated. I'd like us to take a hard look at Claibourne I think he'd be a perfect addition. I still have hopes for Beachum too.

Yeah, I have a friend that's an agent and was at the combine. He heard other agents talking about the Jets being in love with Watson during the interviewing phase.
Kyu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of bringing Geno back. After all that's happened, it seems like he needs a change of scenery. I like Minter and Claiborne on a prove it deal for sure. The others are kind of meh to me.

I'm not a fan of taking Watson, but I've been wrong about QBs before. The rest of the draft is nice.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say I don't see anything I like about this mock.

I am very against drafting a QB in the first 2 rounds even if we trade down. These QB's just plan suck. I still think Kaaya is the best one of the group.

Mixon is a high risk guy who has made some bad decisions in his life and you are going to give him a lot of money and to live in New York area. Red Flag.

I hate Geno really bad the guy sucks and I have no idea why anyone would want to bring a guy back that the coaching staff, front office and fans all hate. So this will not happen.

Sorry to be so negative on your mock but these are just a few points that I have on why I hate it.
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

I am very against drafting a QB in the first 2 rounds even if we trade down. These QB's just plan suck. I still think Kaaya is the best one of the group.

Mixon is a high risk guy who has made some bad decisions in his life and you are going to give him a lot of money and to live in New York area. Red Flag.

I hate Geno really bad the guy sucks and I have no idea why anyone would want to bring a guy back that the coaching staff, front office and fans all hate. So this will not happen.

Sorry to be so negative on your mock but these are just a few points that I have on why I hate it.

Understandable.

I think this draft is set up for us to draft a QB. Watson's combine performance and interviews have risen his stock considerably, plus I have info that we love him.

Geno's 1 half of starting was some of the best QB play we had all year. He's young, cheap, and has the most upside of any QB FA.

I believe in 2nd chances for Mixon. I've been on him for months here. His story of what happened has gotten misconstrued.
Jets913

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer not to draft a QB this year and I want nothing to do with Geno, BUT, this is a pretty good draft overall and I love the Kevin Minter signing. I also think Watson will be a solid starter who has franchise QB potential so I definitely wouldn't hate it.
Gtek06

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

Completely disagree about Kaaya. The only QB I'm okay with taking at 6 is Watson.

Mixon is a risk we should be willing to take. Being in the NY area doesn't correlate with a red flag for me because he's going to be considered a red flag no matter where he goes. The money part is just wrong, as a 3rd round pick I don't think his rookie deal would ever surpass 1M a year. A risk I'm definitely willing to take R3 or later.

Geno makes sense because he'll be cheap. I don't think it's a fair estimation to say he just plain sucks. He's young. I'd be more than okay with him on a 2-3 year deal to start in 2017 and backup watson in 18-19 in this scenario.

Thanks to Jamison. on the sig.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool with it outside of the QB situation personally. Also, I don't think ASJ is an FA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would depend on the size of the Claiborne deal, but i could live with it. Lets not forget that he looked like hot garbage other than the 7 games he managed to play this year, which is a lot for him. I'm fine with the rest of FA even though ASJ is already under contract I am pretty sure.

I am super torn on Watson. I like a lot of things about him, but the fact that he almost never went through progressions in college, and that he had the lowest throwing velocity at the combine, scare the crap out of me.

I love the rest of the draft. Adoree gives us a stellar return guy and i think he can become a good CB. Budda Baker is one of my favorite players in this draft. Joe Mixon is my favorite player in this draft and anyone that says he is a risk is overstating things. I like Butt and i cannot lie. I like grabbing a center. The one thing that I do wish that you addressed with more capital is a pass rusher but i guess you can't hit everything. I like grabbing a FB too,

Oh in other news, i was shocked to see someone say Kayaa is the best of this bunch of QB's. He is just not very good at football imo. I have never seen a QB so bad under pressure. I'd be shocked if he went before the 4th round.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of drafting Watson or really any qb huh until we see what Hack can do. Watsons lack of arm strength scares me.

After that I like the players you have us getting but the order and whether they will be available is in question for me. Baker and Jackson should be switched. Baker might even go end of Round 1. Mixon I've stated I think goes in Round 2 so not sure he lasts till our pick.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any QB at 6 overall is a massive failure. We're going to suck this year, see what you have and grab the QB next year. The 6th pick has to be a HR not a roll of the dice or a dual threat QB who has a second grade being completely overdrafted.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 2/2 right thus far in FA's
billy5001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft. I did not have us taking Watson (I assumed Adams still on the board) but I could live with Watson. I love double dipping in the secondary and adding a special teams stud in Adoree.

I watched a lot of Michigan games the last few years, and I love Jake Butt. I think he comes back and is maybe towards the bottom of the top 10 TE's in the league in a few years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: