Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Forum Mock Draft 2017:: Bears #3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Bills Forum Mock Draft 2017:: Bears #3 Reply with quote

Browns- Myles Garrett DE/OLB
49ers- Solomon Thomas DE/DT
Bears-
- defend lightweight belt.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple things I'll point out before many assume QB here...

- They gave Glennon, MIKE GLENNON, A TON of money to be a starter. I'm probably exaggerating, but I think the guy is a bum. Is it worth spending a 3rd overall pick on a weak QB class AND have him sit?
- Jonathan Allen's health is a concern, shoulder issues came up at combine
- Marshon Lattimore's hamstrings are a major concern, he even came out of the combine with a hip flexor injury
- They have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

So ultimately, I think they'll decide between Malik Hooker and Jamal Adams.

I'll go with Jamal Adams.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:

- They gave Glennon, MIKE GLENNON, A TON of money to be a starter. I'm probably exaggerating, but I think the guy is a bum. Is it worth spending a 3rd overall pick on a weak QB class AND have him sit?
- Marshon Lattimore's hamstrings are a major concern, he even came out of the combine with a hip flexor injury

Yeah, after signing Glennon, I highly doubt they go QB, especially in this class. I've heard of Allen's shoulder concerns and it will probably scare a few teams, but my gut tells me he won't fall as far as most are hinting at. I'd want no part of Lattimore. Hamstring issues are a result of a significant imbalance in strength between quads and hamstring muscles. Every time I see an athlete with that issue, it points to being very selective in the work he is doing in the weight room. S&C coaches at all levels now know how to limit this type of injury with a proper focus on strengthening the hammies. They can't make the athlete put in the effort though. At Lattimore's age, he likely isn't going to change his weight room habits. I'd walk away. Adams is the logical choice, which stinks because I so want him to fall to us at #10.

Adopt a Bill:
CB Ronald Darby - 60 Tckl, 9 Ast, 0 Sck, 12 PDef, 0 Int, 0 FF, 0 TD
RB Mike Gillislee - 101 Rsh, 577 Yds, 8 TD, 39 FD, 9 Rec, 50 Yds, 1 TD, 1 FD
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Yeah, after signing Glennon, I highly doubt they go QB, especially in this class. I've heard of Allen's shoulder concerns and it will probably scare a few teams, but my gut tells me he won't fall as far as most are hinting at. I'd want no part of Lattimore. Hamstring issues are a result of a significant imbalance in strength between quads and hamstring muscles. Every time I see an athlete with that issue, it points to being very selective in the work he is doing in the weight room. S&C coaches at all levels now know how to limit this type of injury with a proper focus on strengthening the hammies. They can't make the athlete put in the effort though. At Lattimore's age, he likely isn't going to change his weight room habits. I'd walk away. Adams is the logical choice, which stinks because I so want him to fall to us at #10.

Good points. Completely agree on Lattimore, as a prospect he's great, but I don't feel comfortable taking him for my team.

Jonathan Allen is definitely a strong possibility here for Chicago. It all depends on the individual team doctors... this is a spot I could see him going. Won't argue if he is the choice here despite me picking Adams.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnathon Allen would be my choice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal Adams.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Ryan Ramczyk: 2a: Zay Jones 2b: Chidobe Awuzie 3: Bucky Hodges 4: Brad Kaaya 5a: Nate Hairston 5b: Eliah Lee 6: Xavier Woods
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

I'll say this first, the pick could very well be Trubisky.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/233067/bears-lower-risk-with-mike-glennons-front-loaded-contract

Quote:
Basically, the Bears can walk away from Glennon after this season with little risk. Chicago carries only $4.5 million in dead money if Glennon is not on the roster in 2018, but it would open substantial space since he is scheduled to count $16 million against the cap. The deal has no guaranteed money in 2019, and just the $2.5 million roster bonus in 2018.

That being said, my vote goes to Jonathan Allen, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they take Trubisky.

I seem to remember another 5 letter team starting with 'B' that took a DL with shoulder concerns recently...

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Thanks BBF, but I need someone bigger and more scary to be my backup." - Nobody ever
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump this along?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: