You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who the heck is going to start on our 3 man front?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
just end the 3-4 already! they obviously dont know how to build 3-4 a d-line
Manusky has built a top 10 3-4 defense before. He knows what he's doing.

Manusky has never had a top 10 defense. The closest he got was 11th with the Colts. But hey, as soon as he left the Niners their defense jumped to top 5 so there's that.
Ok, I thought he and McCloughan had built one in San Fran, I guess not.

Pretty sure they were both there in 2009 when the 49ers were the 5th ranked defense by DVOA.

To lavar's point though, Manusky was DC from 2007-2010, and the defense was outside of the top 10 every year except 2009. Immediately after Manusky left, SF ranked inside the top 5 the next 3 out of 4 years. Still mostly with McCloughan players, but also with a good DC in Fangio.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting my eggs in Tomsula's basket .. Cool
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

Manusky has never had a top 10 defense. The closest he got was 11th with the Colts. But hey, as soon as he left the Niners their defense jumped to top 5 so there's that.

Pretty sure they were both there in 2009 when the 49ers were the 5th ranked defense by DVOA.

To lavar's point though, Manusky was DC from 2007-2010, and the defense was outside of the top 10 every year except 2009. Immediately after Manusky left, SF ranked inside the top 5 the next 3 out of 4 years. Still mostly with McCloughan players, but also with a good DC in Fangio.
I think it had more to do with Harbaugh. San Fran finally had a Hc to develop and lead them. The team had talent before he got there as you said, but they needed a leader, Harbaugh was that dude.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

I think it had more to do with Harbaugh. San Fran finally had a Hc to develop and lead them. The team had talent before he got there as you said, but they needed a leader, Harbaugh was that dude.

Well, that's not very comforting, since Jay isn't half the leader Harbaugh is.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

I can't say that for sure, I've never been in the lockeroom. He is a Gruden, I think he has a different side to him the public never sees and we may never see it. You're not going to see a Harbaugh press conference out of the Gruden's IMO.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

I can't say that for sure, I've never been in the lockeroom. He is a Gruden, I think he has a different side to him the public never sees and we may never see it. You're not going to see a Harbaugh press conference out of the Gruden's IMO.

If you want to see Gruden behind the scenes, watch the Cincinnati Hard Knocks season. I can assure you, you won't come away impressed with his leadership skills.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BurgundyBlog https://twitter.com/BurgundyBlog
On 980, Manusky said #Redskins have 3 nose tackles: Francis, Mbu, Taylor. On Taylor: "Don't know much about him." Good grief.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
ripsean21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
@BurgundyBlog https://twitter.com/BurgundyBlog
On 980, Manusky said #Redskins have 3 nose tackles: Francis, Mbu, Taylor. On Taylor: "Don't know much about him." Good grief.

We are going to suck on defense!!!!!!! We will draft a RB in round one which who really cares but where going to get ran all over next year and when we lose Kirk next year we will really be a fun team to watch again!!!thanks Bruce!!! Have fun fellas I think I'm signing out. I said I would if Scot was fired and I am going to stick too it now because we will never get it. And yeah Snyder will get it after we suck in the cellar like he always does and after a year he sucks again!!! I just remember that seismic shift they talked about in Redskins park when we hired Scot sadly I think that was the most exciting Redskins day of my life. This DL is a joke! Our LB's outside of one are a joke or can't even make it too the field. And well great Job Josh! You left a winner and bought a load from the worlds largest dung salesman and now your here to rot! Peace out fellas I am going to spend the draft with my wife and not make her suffer for her Bdays! And my days will no longer be revolved around opening weekend! Good luck brothers it was real!!!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

If you want to see Gruden behind the scenes, watch the Cincinnati Hard Knocks season. I can assure you, you won't come away impressed with his leadership skills.

Just shaking my head in agreement. Everybody in Cinn had the same reactions when we hired him- "are you stupid or something" followed by " I bet you guys thought you were getting Jon lol "
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I long to be the bengals with their 6-9-1 record... Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: