Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans extend Wesley Woodyard
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know why this is surprising or disappointing to anybody...?

he had a pretty strong second half of the season, especially once we started getting al woods' useless carcass off the field.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

he had a pretty strong second half of the season, especially once we started getting al woods' useless carcass off the field.

Lol i laughed way too hard at this.

2017 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Adoree Jackson : 0 TKLS, 0 INTS, 0 SACKS
2. Ryan Succop : 0 FGM, 0 FGA, 0 LONG
renndawg37

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

Yeah I still don't understand why people are upset we cut Woods. Guy is garbage juice.
Double Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh, well I like Woodyard and feel he's a pretty valuable guy to have on the roster, so I'm happy he's back.

The fans that are somehow spoiled after one 9-7 season can pout about it, but he's a solid LB and great locker room leadership.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Yeah I still don't understand why people are upset we cut Woods. Guy is garbage juice.

Who was upset Woods was cut?

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Who was upset Woods was cut?
Yeah, I think he's confused. People were upset that we replaced Woods' spot with a guy that isn't actually better than Woods. Not that Al Woods isn't on the roster anymore.

And, admittedly, now that it's really just a paycut rather than a true extension, this move (Woodyard) is obviously fine. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Woods (wrong thread?)... the Colts just signed him (2yr/5M)... we better beware the Wrath of Woods!!
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Speaking of Woods (wrong thread?)... the Colts just signed him (2yr/5M)... we better beware the Wrath of Woods!!

Safe to assume if Ballard became our GM he would have extended Schwenke and Woods?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Safe to assume if Ballard became our GM he would have extended Schwenke and Woods?

Not necessarily. Signing a division rival's players as depth players on your team seems to be a pretty common practice.

The Colt's also do not have near the quality of starter's nor depth at any position in the trenches that we do. Could easily be an indictment of how bad their OL and DL is, rather than what they see in Schwenke or Woods. Hell, Schwenke will probably start at RG on their OL.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Not necessarily. Signing a division rival's players as depth players on your team seems to be a pretty common practice.

The Colt's also do not have near the quality of starter's nor depth at any position in the trenches that we do. Could easily be an indictment of how bad their OL and DL is, rather than what they see in Schwenke or Woods. Hell, Schwenke will probably start at RG on their OL.

I really wanted Schwenke back. He was not only a good depth player/backup... but he had the added value that he could fill in C and both G positions. Now we either have to carry an extra OL (on the 53 man and on active game day rosters) or find someone else with the versatility that can be trusted. It's just not something easy to find at this stage of FA though.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not mad about letting him go or anything, but I definitely thought there was reason to bring back a guy who could play C/OG and already had experience with the other guys on the line.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I'm not mad about letting him go or anything, but I definitely thought there was reason to bring back a guy who could play C/OG and already had experience with the other guys on the line.

Yeah him being able to play two spots was a big reason to want to re-sign him. And he played well enough as a fill in at OG.
VY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

I really wanted Schwenke back. He was not only a good depth player/backup... but he had the added value that he could fill in C and both G positions. Now we either have to carry an extra OL (on the 53 man and on active game day rosters) or find someone else with the versatility that can be trusted. It's just not something easy to find at this stage of FA though.

I did too, hard to find a guy with that much experience at a relatively young age on the street. Probably time for a bit of a refresh on our depth there, could use some new blood. I think we'd seen his ceiling and were willing to take the gamble that a younger/cheaper guy could come in and replace him without missing much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: