Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeMarcus Ware Announces Retirement

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 19350
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: DeMarcus Ware Announces Retirement Reply with quote

One of the great pass rushers in the history of the game has decided to hang up his cleats. DeMarcus Ware announced on Twitter just moments ago that he will be retire from the NFL after 12 seasons. Next stop, Canton.

https://twitter.com/DeMarcusWare/status/841375464484667392/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
_________________
big_palooka:

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 8578
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, great, great, career! A gentleman and a scholar.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...


Last edited by jsthomp2007 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iLikeDefense


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 3605
Location: San Diego--Mile High West
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True professional on and off the field! I always loved see him his Ware Smash celebration after a sack. His greatest achievement for the Broncos may be the great influence he had on Von Miller followed by that post season run in 2015.
_________________

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncofan48


Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Posts: 2065
Location: Central Montana
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
True professional on and off the field! I always loved see him his Ware Smash celebration after a sack. His greatest achievement for the Broncos may be the great influence he had on Von Miller followed by that post season run in 2015.


I think the maturation of Von owes a big debt of gratitude to Mr. Ware.

Great player, wish him well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Broncofan


Joined: 02 Dec 2013
Posts: 2822
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofan48 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
True professional on and off the field! I always loved see him his Ware Smash celebration after a sack. His greatest achievement for the Broncos may be the great influence he had on Von Miller followed by that post season run in 2015.


I think the maturation of Von owes a big debt of gratitude to Mr. Ware.

Great player, wish him well.


Von credited him on that count. Class act and mentor.

His Cowboy career and SB with us sure looks like a HoF. Should go in as a Cowboy must likely. Still wish him well in life after football.
_________________
steelpanther wrote:
This is like playing checkers with a pigeon. No matter how well you play, sooner or later the pigeon is going to crap on the board, then puff his chest out and strut around like he won something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thebestever6


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3034
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hated the Ware signing when it was made thought he was washed up. But, boy am I happy to be wrong. He helped the development of Von, Wolfe, Malik, Ray, Barrett. He brought a tenacity to the defense. What a player class act.
_________________
Props to Deadpulse for the Sig:

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 3025
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a phenomenal career. His career sack total is 138.5, putting him 8th all-time. The two players ahead of him on the list are Jason Taylor and Michael Strahan; the two players behind him are John Randle and Richard Dent. Those four ex-players are already in the Hall of Fame, so Ware will get a quick vote.

But Ware might miss one honor. The Bronco Ring of Fame is only for players who were on the team for 4+ years and Ware was a Bronco for 3 years.

A great video of him mic'ed up.
http://prod.video.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//DEN/videos/dct/video_audio/2015/11-November/151103_micd_ware-5000k.mp4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 23920
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the greatest pass rushers ever to play the game. Period. So glad he was able to get a ring with us. Hall of Fame is without a doubt the next stop- he'll be in on the first ballot for sure.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 19350
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last three years we have had three sure-fire first-ballot HOF'ers retire - Champ, Peyton and now Ware - that's cool because, even though Peyton and Ware will be known for their connections to other teams in addition to Denver, both have serious ties to our team that includes a Super Bowl ring for each. Our representation in Canton is slowly but surly improving.
_________________
big_palooka:

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reggie Nelson#1


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 3406
Location: Montreal, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
In the last three years we have had three sure-fire first-ballot HOF'ers retire - Champ, Peyton and now Ware - that's cool because, even though Peyton and Ware will be known for their connections to other teams in addition to Denver, both have serious ties to our team that includes a Super Bowl ring for each. Our representation in Canton is slowly but surly improving.
We can also add Brian Dawkins to that list.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group