You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bennie Logan agrees to 1 year deal with Chiefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Cowboys fan, I think I speak for all of us when I say, I'm glad he's out of the east. He seemed every bit as disruptive as Cox at times, at least against us. Cox and Logan had some big time battles with Martin and Frederick.

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone. And to the AFC no less. I look forward to never playing him. Definitely helps Zeke.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Poe is definitely gone at this point. Great dude and great talent, but those back issues...

Anyways, Logan is a decent signing on a 1-Year deal, adds more depth to the line that needed it last year.
He is almost assuredly your starter...

Yeah the only way he adds depth is he pushes your starter to the back of the line. Not saying he's an elite DT, but for what he is, a two-gapping run stuffer who also eats up blockers on passing downs, he's great.

Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wished the Eagles had resigned him. Truly underrated. Nice addition KC.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 318Att//61% Comp//2430 Yds//25 TD//5 INT//224 Rush yds//QBR 103.4
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
How was there not a bigger market for these guys? Logan just settled for a 1-year deal. Chris Baker only got like 5 million a year. Hankins hasn't been singed yet. Poe hasn't been signed yet. Roy Miller was cut.

Unless you're Suh, a lot of the time the market for DT's is extremely shallow. Snacks' deal last season was an exception, not the rule. More often than not this is a recurring question every year that people seem to forget: "Why wasn't there more market for __(Insert DT Name)__?" Scheme-fit relative to the kind of money these guys are asking for (which is typically relative to the deal Suh and more recently Harrison got) just leaves too many question marks.

Poe not being signed yet is no real surprise. He's got serious concerns about his back - and for a guy who regularly is asked to take on doubles and sometimes triples, that's a significant red flag.

Not to mention we're starting to see a shift in strategy as it relates to spending. Really average OLinemen are getting relatively lucrative deals as the supply diminishes and the demand grows. Meanwhile, defensive line talent has never been so bountiful and because of that some of these guys are rather interchangeable.
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Bennie is a stud. Definitely disappointing that we couldn't retain him, especially given we're paying deadbeats like Torrey Smith $5MM a year.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
As a Cowboys fan, I think I speak for all of us when I say, I'm glad he's out of the east. He seemed every bit as disruptive as Cox at times, at least against us. Cox and Logan had some big time battles with Martin and Frederick.

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone. And to the AFC no less. I look forward to never playing him. Definitely helps Zeke.

You play him this season...
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, great signing. One of many of Chip's success stories.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Great, great signing. One of two of Chip's success stories.

ftfy

But great signing for KC, wish we could have kept him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: