Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Howdy.

In the process of preparing my mock drafts for the next six weeks. What would you say are the three or four most pressing needs for your team ranked in order of most to least?

Thanks!

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs are in a good spot and don't have any pressing needs. So opinions may vary.

ILB
OLB
CB
RB
WR

I would add QB to the list. But I think I'd prefer to wait until next year to draft someone.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
The Chiefs are in a good spot and don't have any pressing needs. So opinions may vary.

ILB
OLB
CB
RB
WR

I would add QB to the list. But I think I'd prefer to wait until next year to draft someone.

QB should be up there over ILB IMO.
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really BPA everywhere.

QB if the value is right; No need to reach though
Trubisky(1st)
Watson(1st)
Mahomes (1st)
Kizer (2nd)

Is where I'd be comfortable taking them.

Top besides that

ILB
RB
OLB
CB

OL
TE
DL
S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILB
CB
RB
OLB
rjboxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILB/QB - Rounds 1 and 2 depending on value

OG/OT - swing player

CB/WR - equal need

DL
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be shocked if we took a QB early even in our situation I'm sure they will view ILB, OL, DB as biggest needs but really hope they remain open and are willing to step out of their comfort zone of OL and DL early cause a real playmaker on Offense may fall right into our laps whether it's RB or WR.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
I would be shocked if we took a QB early even in our situation I'm sure they will view ILB, OL, DB as biggest needs but really hope they remain open and are willing to step out of their comfort zone of OL and DL early cause a real playmaker on Offense may fall right into our laps whether it's RB or WR.

Aside from RB we already have tons of playmakers on offense. I really hope if Trubisky, Watson, or Mahomes fall they take a chance on them.

It doesn't matter how many playmakers you have on offense if your QB can't consistently find them, adding another WR will do nothing for this offense. Maclin, Hill, Conley, Kelce would be a fantastic group if we have someone that could go through progressions and find the open man.

If we don't like any of the QB's in this draft class, we might as well go HEAVY defense because that's how we are going to have to win games.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm thinking more along the lines of RB awfully tempting to me to take a playmaker like Dalvin Cook or Christian Mccaffrey if either is sitting there.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILB is something you might see in the first two rounds, where an instant starter is likely. Later rounds likely would not improve on what they can get in FA.

Edge is problematic. They have a lot of money tied up already. Possible but probably not first day.

CB is the position that could most benefit from a 1st day starter. That said, it is not a need. There is a lot of depth.

DL could use a player, but an instant starter is not necessary. Pick for value.

In spite of Jamaal Charles no longer being on the team, RB is not a pressing need. Pick for value.

WR & TE could use some depth. Again, pick for value.

The OL looks fairly settled for the first time in years. An instant starter is never bad, so don't pass on a sliding OL, but also don't reach. Interior slightly more than T.

QB is the tricky one. As noted, they usually take one. As weak as this class is, somewhere in the 200s most likely. That said, They may like someone and think he's worth a flier. More than likely this will be a player with off the field issues, such as Kelly.

The team has a history of drafting a DB or two and a QB in later rounds of each draft.

J

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILB is the top answer you'll get from almost everyone.

Past that, every position has some degree of certainty, or at the least, potential, so nothing is overly glaring. So after ILB, it's mostly going to be positions involving rotations or multiple starters. Spots like CB, OLB, DE, DT, WR, TE, and RB, where a rookie could contribute even if they don't nab the starting job. I understand that's like 60% of a roster, but, we really don't have any spots we're looking to instantly patch via the draft right now.

Oh, and some will want a QB. I doubt it happens. I would like it to happen myself, but I doubt it happens. Just based on Dorsey's comments this offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILB
CB
QB
OL
WR
TE

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
TedLavie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB (3/5): Alex is average, getting old and we could save 17M next year by cutting him. There's a big chance we have a new QB at the helm next year, so why not trade him now

RB (3/5): I'm higher on Ware and West than most, but we could upgrade. I wouldn't want to draft a RB in the first 2 rounds though, just because of positional value

WR (3/5): Maclin will be 30 next season and we could save 11M by cutting him next year. If we can find a potential replacement this year, we should go for it.

TE (2/5): Harris could be upgraded for 2 TE sets or in case of a Kelce injury.

OT (1/5): We're locked with Schwartz and Fisher for at least 2 years. Not a need.

OG (3/5): Competition for the LG spot should be added

C (1/5): With Morse and Fulton backing him up we're good there.

DL (2/5): Our only need is a long term NT, we could draft a prospect in the later rounds of the draft.

OLB (3/5): Hali is probably gone next year and Ford will be a FA. Plus, you can never have too many pass rushers

ILB (5/5): This is obvious

CB (4/5): Someone opposite Peters could be brought in to compete with Mitchell for CB2

S (1/5): Parker, Berry and Sorensen will be there for at least 2 years, there's no point drafting someone there.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about OT. we need a swing tackle now, with potential to start in a couple of years. Someone able to push for a starting job out of camp is never bad. There is no such thing as too much depth.

On the flip side, the later we get, the lower the priority on ILB. We have 3rd/4th round quality on the roster and this is a position where it is easy to mine FA. We want an instant Pro Bowl candidate not warm bodies.

J

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
i'm thinking more along the lines of RB awfully tempting to me to take a playmaker like Dalvin Cook or Christian Mccaffrey if either is sitting there.

This is exactly what I think. Dalvin Cook or McCaffrey are playmakers that could rejuvenate our offense by adding a legitimate threat at RB. Ware is good, but more of a traditional move-the-chains type power runner. Adding McCaffrey (who is eerily similar to Charles) to an offense with an explosive Tyreek Hill is exciting. I'd even be on board to draft Mike Williams or Corey Davis if they're available. It'd open up the passing game even more for Alex Smith and give Maclin a solid complement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: