Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wheelin', Dealin' Thielen (re-signs in Minny, p.5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
No way am I taking a second round pick for Thielen.

Agreed. You're not likely going to find a receiver in the 2nd round who'll impact the game better than Thielen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
No way am I taking a second round pick for Thielen.

Agreed. He has to be tendered at a first round pick. A 2nd round pick isn't enough for probably the best route runner the Vikings have had in many years. He's earned the first round tender.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I wouldn't take a 1st round pick for Thielen unless it was in the top-15.

As we have seen, it is hard to find good WRs, and I think Thielen is the type of player to put up around 70 catches and 1000 yards every year for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Well Philly needs a receiver. Maybe we give Thielen a 1st round tender and we get our 1st round pick back!

Or they could just use their own first round pick on a wide receiver and not have to pay him near as much as they would pay Thielen.

Very true. Thielen could be an option as he's still pretty young and looked very good for us this past year. Plus he's a great special teams player.

So If Philly or anyone was considering a proven NFL talent at WR they needed to add to their roster, Thielen should be one worth mentioning, even though the sample size isn't huge.

Personally, I think he stays with us.

If we also re-sign CP though, what happens to Treadwell?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing happens to Treadwell. Just shows the depth we can have. What will happen if he becomes relevant is Diggs/Rudolph/Theilen will just be seeing less targets. Or maybe taking most of those targets that CJ and others had also.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't take a 1st round pick for Thielen unless it was in the top-15.

As we have seen, it is hard to find good WRs, and I think Thielen is the type of player to put up around 70 catches and 1000 yards every year for the foreseeable future.

Certainly a good point. If the Vikes didnt have such a glaring mess of an OL, I'd be in agreement. Having a first round pick would help out a lot.

The big concern would be replacing Thielen's production. Would the Vikes need to go out and sign a free agent WR to serve as a stop gap until Treadwell can be relied upon?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tender at 1st round pick.
Likely no takers.
Hope someone will.

I can live with Diggs/Treadwell/Wright/Patterson/Rudolph ... if it means getting a 1st rounder to draft LT/OL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

Certainly a good point. If the Vikes didnt have such a glaring mess of an OL, I'd be in agreement. Having a first round pick would help out a lot.

The big concern would be replacing Thielen's production. Would the Vikes need to go out and sign a free agent WR to serve as a stop gap until Treadwell can be relied upon?

Maybe if Emmanuel Sanders gets cut after his little debacle today

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restricted free agent Adam Thielen has agreed to terms on a three-year extension, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The new deal is worth a maximum of $27 million over three years, with a base value of $17 million and $11 million guaranteed, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The wideout was slated to make $2.7 million based on his restricted free agent tender. Undrafted out of tiny Minnesota State Mankato, Thielen enjoyed a breakout 2016 season, edging out Stefon Diggs for the team lead with 967 receiving yards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793289/article/vikings-bring-back-adam-thielen-on-threeyear-deal

highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZdliO_RfE

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZdliO_RfE

Funny, I just found that video like 10 minutes ago. Do you follow me on Twitter?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm really happy about the signing. not only is it a feel-good story but he clearly has ability, the team loves him and he's improved so much it just has to make you optimistic about his further improvement.
Freakout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind that contract at all. Like that it is incentive heavy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sounds like an incentive heavy deal. I like it, and I'm glad that we kept Thielen. Definitely helps keep the draft as a situation where we have a limited number of big holes, but we'll have a number of positions that we can upgrade.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

Maybe if Emmanuel Sanders gets cut after his little debacle today

What debacle is that?

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thielen: “I feel the same way about coming in next year with a lot to prove. The money hasn’t hit my bank account yet, so nothing’s changed there either. Obviously, it’s great to have that security. I think the biggest thing for me is I can just go to training camp and be able to focus on football.”

“I think there’s a lot of unfinished business for me personally and as a team. I think there’s a lot of motivation. I think there’s still a lot of people that don’t believe in me and obviously I love proving people wrong and obviously just helping the football team win games any possible way I can. Then obviously the end goal of winning a championship and bringing a championship to Minnesota. I think that’s a motivation in and of itself. I think the pieces that we’ve been able to put together in this offseason and then hopefully in the draft, I think we’re pretty excited about what could be done here in Minnesota.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/21/for-vikings-wr-adam-thielen-still-plenty-to-prove-after-signing-big-contract/
http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1764711-thielen-i-love-proving-people-wrong

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: