Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this move a lot even though I have no clue how good Zuttah is

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ravens fans hate him while PFF had a solid grade on him Laughing.

At the very least it gives Kilgore competition.

Yeah, the animosity coming from Ravens fans is kind of funny. They really, really don't like him Laughing

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:

According to Ravens fans, he's the worst center in the league Laughing They really don't like him.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

According to Ravens fans, he's the worst center in the league Laughing They really don't like him.

Yea I have to imagine that's an exaggeration considering he was named to the probowl this season, even with that being a poor measure of performance. Kilgore has been handed the job the last couple seasons. He needs to improve or bounce.

Also just saw Zuttah went to Rutgers and looks like he may have played a season with Anthony Davis. Anyone think this has any effect on Anthony Davis and his return to the 49ers?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Good move. We had no backup center on the team. This reduces the need to use a pick on a center unless we see one we think can push either Kilgore or Zuttah off the roster and develop into our long term answer. I really like Pocic, Elfein and Orlovsky. But now we can use a 4th round pick on a RB or something like that instead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Zuttah trade a lot especially since we don't even lose a draft pick either. Regardless of what the Baltimore fans think of him he has shown to be or starting quality at C as well OG if I'm not mistaken, both positions which require much needed depth and talent to force competition during OTAs and such. Last year I'm pretty sure he played through injuries and if he did struggle it could be that he is better suited for a zone based offense, I remember him coming into the NFL being tagged as an athletic type of guy. Maybe slightly alleviates the need to draft a C high in the draft now, 3rd/4th range, but I'd still actually like to see us take a C or OG around then. Including Zuttah I'm still not sold on any of the available players we have at both OG positions and C.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

He's defintely not the player he was for the Bucs but he's at worst a capable back-up IF he can stay healthy. That's a lot more than Marcus Martin was. I'd say it's a decent swap. Personally I'd rather they had let them release him, then tried to sign him. But meh...it is only a 6th.

**EDIT**
Just realized we SWAPPED 6th rounders...makes the move that much better
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Saints free agent RB Tim Hightower is scheduled to visit the #49ers on Thursday, per source. Hightower, 30, has... https://t.co/8xHaquKTTK
757-NINER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
#Saints free agent RB Tim Hightower is scheduled to visit the #49ers on Thursday, per source. Hightower, 30, has... https://t.co/8xHaquKTTK

Not sure what Shanny sees in Hightower. Much better options out there but whatever...
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy how Hightower got a job after being away from the NFL for four seasons. At runningback. Especially in today's era.

Personally I never thought he was that impressive as a player, even in his prime.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Not sure what Shanny sees in Hightower. Much better options out there but whatever...

I don't mind us looking at Hightower, he's not a gamebreaker type but he can ground and pound well and always seems to get 3 or 4 yards every run and always falls forward. I'm still hoping we either draft a pass catching change of pace RB or take a look at Charles, or both.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: