You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Sign RB Latavius Murray
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Vikings Sign RB Latavius Murray Reply with quote

@Vikings
Quote:
We have signed RB Latavius Murray (@LataviusM).

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck in Minny Tay-Train! Well worth the 6th round pick.

He seems like an awesome teammate, has great straight line speed and does well on the goal line. Other than that he is an underwhelming overall RB to be very honest. Goes down on contact WAY too frequently for a 6'3, 230 RB. Arm tackles regularly take him down. He is also a non-factor in the passing game. His vision isn't that great either (wish I could find the gif where he is running down the field with a blocker in front, then cuts to the left INTO two guys).

I just don't see him being much more than average in Minny, especially given he won't have Oakland's elite surrounding cast. Most Raider fans were completely fine with the idea of LM leaving as we knew someone will most likely overpay for his services. Richard/Washington arguably looked better in limited opportunities.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean AD isn't returning to Minnesota?
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So instead of just resigning AP or signing Jamaal Charles you sign Latavius Murray? Average signing. I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.

559Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great locker room presence. Didn't hear one complaint when the rookies started to take touches. I wish him nothing but the best. As for his game play he is solid to good. He has always been an enigma to me. He has a big body but isn't as physical as you would like. It's difficult for him to create on his own because of his lack of lateral agility. But he can definitely hit the hole with a ton of speed and has a nose for the end zone. He's a good blocker and has okay hands. Good pickup. I read it was a 3 year deal but can be voided after 1 season. So good contract written up by your GM.

Last edited by 559Raider on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
So instead of just resigning AP or signing Jamaal Charles you sign Latavius Murray? Average signing. I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.

Please we were 8-8 with a rotating door of offensive lineman. Barring a bunch of injuries we're a 10-13 win team.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough, Murray draws a lot of comparisons to AD. Though he will never obviously be the player that Peterson is.

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, great teammate and great character. But he's just an average RB, if that. I wanna say like 85% of the Raider forum didn't want him back. He's absolutely great for a sixth round pick on a sixth round pick salary but he's definitely not worth paying. Career 4.0 kind of guy (and that's behind a good line..) and below average vision.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
As others have said, great teammate and great character. But he's just an average RB, if that. I wanna say like 85% of the Raider forum didn't want him back. He's absolutely great for a sixth round pick on a sixth round pick salary but he's definitely not worth paying. Career 4.0 kind of guy (and that's behind a good line..) and below average vision.

If he can keep Bradford on his feet on 3rd down with his pass blocking he's well worth the money. It was kind of embarrassing watching your star offensive player come of the field on 3rd down.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

If he can keep Bradford on his feet on 3rd down with his pass blocking he's well worth the money. It was kind of embarrassing watching your star offensive player come of the field on 3rd down.

He's a decent blocker but he's a terrible pass catcher and an overall bad shotgun back. Remind you of anyone..?
TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:

He's a decent blocker but he's a terrible pass catcher and an overall bad shotgun back. Remind you of anyone..?

Oh he's light years better than Peterson catching the ball and he appears to be a pretty good pass blocker.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/03/free-agent-running-back-latavius-murray-fit-vikings-offense
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Does this mean AD isn't returning to Minnesota?

probably a diversion signing imo. can sneakily get him back w/o ppl suspecting.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Raider fans have summed him up pretty well. Kind of glad to move on, but we could do worse. I think letting him walk was the right move. Good luck to him in MN.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

Oh he's light years better than Peterson catching the ball and he appears to be a pretty good pass blocker.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/03/free-agent-running-back-latavius-murray-fit-vikings-offense

You're definitely over exaggerating there. Murray is OK is catching the ball, as long as it is a very very simple kind of route. He will also drop wide open passes with no defender around.

Good pass blocker, yes.

Keep him out of shotgun though. He is a pure under center back. Richard and Washington were way more effective out of shotgun. Watching a Murray shotgun run is not pretty and looks awkward.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Please we were 8-8 with a rotating door of offensive lineman. Barring a bunch of injuries we're a 10-13 win team.
yeah, and every other team was perfectly healthy.

El ramster on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: