Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CalhounLambeau 2017 Draft Thread - 2017 Grades Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 21537
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what you think of Aviante Collins? I honestly have him as a 5th round grade but this guy is impressive athletically and can cover some ground. I think he has starter potential at RT.
_________________
GeneralDissaray wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I don't agree with the pick.Bad teams pick rb's with a top 5 pick.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geek


Joined: 06 Sep 2014
Posts: 1577
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you like Engram more than Howard??

Also who are some notable off man corners you've watched? I need to delve into CB's and I want to look at some that would fit the Niners scheme.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Wonder what you think of Aviante Collins? I honestly have him as a 5th round grade but this guy is impressive athletically and can cover some ground. I think he has starter potential at RT.

He was a guy I picked up on over the summer and had documented. Nobody brought him up at all during the season, it's like he didn't exist and I even lost track of him in the shuffle. Then his name popped up after the season and got some notoriety because NFL scouts pegged him as a player they wanted to see more of. So I've known about Collins for a long time. Having watched some 2016 video it kind of brings me back to the same positives and negatives I noticed over the summer. He's got the size of a guard but he's light on his feet. He's got long, stiff legs but is so light in the feet and ankles he can still maneuver laterally well despite it. He maintains but he doesn't move people. He's inconsistent and shows some sloppiness. He's tough and competes. I don't worry about where he'll play in the NFL, some team with whatever scheme will work that out. But he's an odd body/movement/skills combination. The fifth round makes sense but I'll probably be rougher on him. I don't like him much. I hate his body type.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
Do you like Engram more than Howard??

They are almost identically graded, within .03 of each other. Very close.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished up Sean Harlow today. I know some on Twitter are building him up to be a guy. I'm not a fan. He's got clumsy feet. Wish his upper and lower body were more synced. I don't see him as the next big tackle to guard success story others are talking about.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14707
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to your rankings and scouting reports? Are those gone?
_________________
EagleDeegle wrote:
Trm, you my favorite poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
What happened to your rankings and scouting reports? Are those gone?

Reports are in the archives. Rankings will be out soon. Smile

In my 2018 Draft Thread I will keep the reports up throughout the year. I just have to find a way to do it. Posts have size limitations. Google Docs are a pain to organize considering how many players there are not to mention transferring all the info, reformatting from my Kingsoft Writer software, etc.

It's enough to drive me insane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68412
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Calhoun, did you have any other issues in Jourdan Lewis's background other than the DV issue that just popped up? I'd check, but all your docs are locked down.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Hey Calhoun, did you have any other issues in Jourdan Lewis's background other than the DV issue that just popped up? I'd check, but all your docs are locked down.

He was pretty clean.

Here's an article that details the allegations. Jourdan Lewis contends the woman has problems and was being predatory. Not sure of the circumstances and who she is. Not sure why he put himself in that position if those things are true. Or if the allegations are true, he was exposed as a guy to worry about. Who knows.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/police-report-jourdan-lewis-assault-allegations-stem-from-dispute-about-lights-left-on-225227866.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14707
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
What happened to your rankings and scouting reports? Are those gone?

Reports are in the archives. Rankings will be out soon. Smile

In my 2018 Draft Thread I will keep the reports up throughout the year. I just have to find a way to do it. Posts have size limitations. Google Docs are a pain to organize considering how many players there are not to mention transferring all the info, reformatting from my Kingsoft Writer software, etc.

It's enough to drive me insane.

Gotcha. I just liked how detailed you were in your evaluations.

I wish you did more scouting reports for a football site, but I realize this isn't your actual job. Laughing
_________________
EagleDeegle wrote:
Trm, you my favorite poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
I wish you did more scouting reports for a football site, but I realize this isn't your actual job. Laughing

I will get many more reports up this next year. Just have to find a way to do it. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DraftHobbyist


Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Posts: 349
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you link Google Sheets, you want to click the "Share" button in the top right, then click "get shareable link", select the settings you want (let people edit, comment, or just view), and then copy and paste the link. It looks like you copy and pasted the actual address, which is why it's not letting me open it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
When you link Google Sheets, you want to click the "Share" button in the top right, then click "get shareable link", select the settings you want (let people edit, comment, or just view), and then copy and paste the link. It looks like you copy and pasted the actual address, which is why it's not letting me open it.

I know that. I cancelled sharing on my documents because I didn't want people asking me about outdated content. I just couldn't keep up with the Google Doc's on top of my private documents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 24177
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Harold Brantley? I know he's had a long road to recovery, but a few years ago I believe people were relatively high on him...2nd-4th rounder.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11534
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Any thoughts on Harold Brantley? I know he's had a long road to recovery, but a few years ago I believe people were relatively high on him...2nd-4th rounder.

He didn't make my cut to evaluate. He didn't do anything at Northwest Missouri State this year. Sad story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group