Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 WR Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Ya, Westbrook seems to have some Titus Young in him. Like, not a kid slipping up and maturing but a legit personality disorder that requires real treatment and may render him unable to have a pro sports career.
Dede Westbrook may not be a good guy, but he doesn't have a personality disorder. Titus Young had to be on medication and his meltdown was a result of him going off of his medication. It's not fair (or right) to compare the two.

I think y'all are conflating a personality disorder with a mental disorder. Based on Titus's behavior, I think he has a pretty severe mental disorder. Anyways, I don't know Dede personally, but he better get his crap together if he wants to be drafted.
I thought BPD was considered a personality disorder but after a google search apparently it's mostly considered a mental disorder. Either way, Titus Young was prescribed anti-depressants so he could function properly and he had been taking them before he got to the NFL. He had his meltdown when he stopped taking his medication. Unless Dede Westbrook also has a disorder that hasn't been made public, they aren't comparable. Westbrook has full control over his behavior, Titus Young really didn't.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought BPD was considered a personality disorder but after a google search apparently it's mostly considered a mental disorder. Either way, Titus Young was prescribed anti-depressants so he could function properly and he had been taking them before he got to the NFL. He had his meltdown when he stopped taking his medication. Unless Dede Westbrook also has a disorder that hasn't been made public, they aren't comparable. Westbrook has full control over his behavior, Titus Young really didn't.

I intentionally chose personality disorder as my wording rather than mental disorder. I think that someone who had months to ready themselves for the answering of a few simple questions, the most important questions of their short life, but was unable to demonstrate accountability or maturity likely has a personality disorder. It shows a complete lack of understanding of what is expected of yourself.

Its irresponsible to make the above accusation but personally, I wouldn't draft the kid before rounds 6/7. Make him work for a roster spot and see how he reacts.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Ya, Westbrook seems to have some Titus Young in him. Like, not a kid slipping up and maturing but a legit personality disorder that requires real treatment and may render him unable to have a pro sports career.
Dede Westbrook may not be a good guy, but he doesn't have a personality disorder. Titus Young had to be on medication and his meltdown was a result of him going off of his medication. It's not fair (or right) to compare the two.

I think y'all are conflating a personality disorder with a mental disorder. Based on Titus's behavior, I think he has a pretty severe mental disorder. Anyways, I don't know Dede personally, but he better get his crap together if he wants to be drafted.

It is. And I may be wrong about Young. I don't know the man. But I expect he has some co-occurring depressive or bipolar disorder based on the way he was acting. I'm not a mental health professional, though, so this is purely an amateur opinion (which should be taken with a grain of salt). And it's possible it was just his unchecked personality disorder wreaking havoc, as I thought I recalled some delusional aspect to his arrest, but I may be remembering incorrectly (and conflating him and Tre Mason).

The difference between personality disorders and mental disorders is that while personality disorders may impair impulse control and other personality traits that allow one to regulate his behavior to conform to society, it generally doesn't result in the sort of impairment that causes a complete inability to control one's behavior.

Basically, it's a personality defect. It makes you less likely to behave, but you are still capable of it (although, I'm sure there's debate on that in the mental health professional community). On the flip side, a mental disorder often makes you incapable of controlling your actions (or makes it very difficult for you to do it).

A guy like Westbrook being a total POS who won't behave himself may expose a personality disorder.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best WR in the draft had his pro day today. Smooth route runner who sets guys up with subtle moves and blew past them with speed. I compare him to David Boston.

Deangelo Yancey @TEAM_yancey
-Numbers from Proday

ht 6'1.5 wt-220.5
40- 4.46-4.48
VJ - 35.5
BJ - 10-1
20S - 4.24
60S - 11.53
3C - 6.89
21 reps on bench

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about Brian Brown at Richmond? Apparently 49ers are interested, but I don't know anything about him. Seems to have decent size and specs, ran 4.49 at pro day with a 31.5 vert.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaiah Ford posted a 4.52 40 after posting a regrettable 4.61 at the combine. Not great, but improved.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Groink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Davis won't participate at Western Michigan's pro day (ankle) after missing the Combine. Claims he'll work out for teams in April.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are thoughts on KD Cannon here? He was the most explosive offensive player I've seen at Baylor other than Corey Coleman. He has the world class speed and play making ability. He'll lay down some hard blocks too.

Of course the route tree or lack of one at Baylor will dock him a little, but I think he has potential to be a #2 receiver.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
What are thoughts on KD Cannon here? He was the most explosive offensive player I've seen at Baylor other than Corey Coleman. He has the world class speed and play making ability. He'll lay down some hard blocks too.

Of course the route tree or lack of one at Baylor will dock him a little, but I think he has potential to be a #2 receiver.

Inconsistent hands and very raw route runner, but his speed will translate. Surprisingly physical and tough for such a thin WR. I like him in the 3rd/4th round. He's a vertical threat, but he should be able to carve out a career in that role like Kenny Stills has.

Unlike most undersized speed guys, Cannon has shown the ability to make contested catches, is willing to work over the middle (without getting alligator arms), and isn't afraid to get physical with CBs. Plus, he's a willing blocker.

I like him. We'll see how much he'll develop as a route runner, but at minimum, he should be a dangerous outside the numbers vertical threat. His explosive burst and ability to maintain his speed forces CBs to open up early, which makes him difficult to cover on stop routes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KD Cannon really strikes me as an Aldrick Robinson caliber guy. An elite #4 that can stretch the field deep, but isn't going to be technical enough in the slot and may not be big enough to snag a full time outside #2 gig.

I like him, but in R5/R6.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:

Inconsistent hands and very raw route runner, but his speed will translate. Surprisingly physical and tough for such a thin WR. I like him in the 3rd/4th round. He's a vertical threat, but he should be able to carve out a career in that role like Kenny Stills has.

Unlike most undersized speed guys, Cannon has shown the ability to make contested catches, is willing to work over the middle (without getting alligator arms), and isn't afraid to get physical with CBs. Plus, he's a willing blocker.

I like him. We'll see how much he'll develop as a route runner, but at minimum, he should be a dangerous outside the numbers vertical threat. His explosive burst and ability to maintain his speed forces CBs to open up early, which makes him difficult to cover on stop routes.

Agreed. Should be a useful deep threat early on and, as you mentioned, is impressive in contested situations for a guy his size.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would ya'll rank the WRs from last year's class in relation to the 2017 group? Guys like Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell, Thomas, and Sheppard when they were prospects.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Where would ya'll rank the WRs from last year's class in relation to the 2017 group? Guys like Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell, Thomas, and Sheppard when they were prospects.

I'll rank them how I would of had them from their college stuff, not from how they ended up playing this past year in the NFL. Of course if you are going to do that Thomas will be #1. Some people had his as #1 last year also, I for one didn't but I do believe last years class is still going to turn out to be a dang good class.

1. Davis
2. Doctson
3. Thomas
4. Williams
5. Treadwell
6. Coleman
7. Shepard
8. Samuel
9. Ross
10. Fuller

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I'll rank them how I would of had them from their college stuff, not from how they ended up playing this past year in the NFL. Of course if you are going to do that Thomas will be #1. Some people had his as #1 last year also, I for one didn't but I do believe last years class is still going to turn out to be a dang good class.

1. Davis
2. Doctson
3. Thomas
4. Williams
5. Treadwell
6. Coleman
7. Shepard
8. Samuel
9. Ross
10. Fuller

last year you said that you were slightly higher on treadwell than thomas. now thomas is 2 spots higher?

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

last year you said that you were slightly higher on treadwell than thomas. now thomas is 2 spots higher?

gopherwrestler wrote:

I was very even on Thomas and Treadwell, probably a touch higher on Treadwell.

I did post this for what it's worth....

My final mock draft I did bump up Thomas tho, into a top 10 pick.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20634377

Doctson was my favorite tho, I think I just really wanted him to be a Viking. So I had to figure out a way to get him to Minnesota.

Flip flop Thomas and Treadwell if you want on that top 10 rankings tho. Doesn't hurt my feelings much. I think for that post it was probably meaning more towards who I wanted as a Vikings, mainly because I am a OSU hater.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable

Last edited by gopherwrestler on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 63 of 71

Jump to: