Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Howdy.

In the process of preparing my mock drafts for the next six weeks. What would you say are the three or four most pressing needs for your team ranked in order of most to least?

Thanks!

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - CB ( We have Ronald Darby who is ridiculously inconsistent, Kevon Seymour who profiles as a nickel, and Marcus Roberson )

2 - WR

3 - RT

4 - S

5 - WLB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our top 3 needs are all about equal. I don't necessarily think we will go in this order for the draft. I don't like taking CB with our 1st pick, especially with how deep the position is.

1a. CB

We have 4 corners on the roster so we need serious depth here. Ronald Darby and Kevon Seymour are our starters, nothing much behind them worth mentioning. It's actually kind of pathetic how bad our corner options look right now.

1b. WR

Sammy Watkins, Dezmin Lewis, Walt Powell and Kolby Listenbee who is coming off red-shirt season. Also two signings of Philly Brown and Jeremy Butler... not an appealing WR core... good depth but must be upgraded. We still need a #2 in my opinion.

1c. S

Signed Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer, but released Aaron Williams and Corey Graham - so we need starters and depth. Strong possibility we take Adams or Hooker if they're somehow available.

4. RT

Re-signed our starter here from last year, Jordan Mills who was by far our weakest link, need an upgrade here if the cards fall right.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Corner Safety top 3 needs and would like to go BPA.

Top board for me would be
Jamal Adams S LSU
Corey Davis WR WMU
Malik Hooker FS OSU
Mike Williams WR Clemson
Humphries CB Bama
Oj Howards TE Bama
Ryan Ramchyk OT Wisconsin

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1a CB- Let Gilmore walk for obvious reasons. Let Corey White walk. Released Robey Coleman. Need a starter and depth here. Good year to have this as a need.

1b WR- Recently added some depth but we still need a outside #2 reciever. Maybe even another inside reciever.

3. RT- Add some competition for Mills and Kouandijo. I think adding Mills tho that we may have finished addressing this need. I think that Kujo will be able to play RT since we will be a ZBS which will keep it easier on his knees.

4. SOLB- Lorenzo Alexander is older, a one year wonder, and not the best fit for this sytem so it would be nice to have a young backup option

5. S- Signed two solid free agents but still need to add a depth player here. I think Colt Anderson will make team for special teams. Once again good year to have a need at this position

6. Backup TE- Seems to be we want to run more two TE sets looking at Cook and Bennett in free agency. Still have to add another TE. Great TE class as well.

7. Backup QB- We will need to add another QB whether its during draft or free agency

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Jamal Adams S LSU
Corey Davis WR WMU
Malik Hooker FS OSU
Mike Williams WR Clemson
Humphries CB Bama
Oj Howards TE Bama

No Lattimore or Conley ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore is okay but I much rather have the more experienced corner in Humphrey. Lattimore only played one full season due to injuries his sophomore year.

I dont live in Buffalo and it seems like most people who do live in Buffalo love Ohio State players as well as other Big 10 guys where I think most of them are overrated. In this case I think Humphrey is the better overall corner in the draft but thats my personal preference.

Thanks Max
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Lattimore is okay but I much rather have the more experienced corner in Humphrey. Lattimore only played one full season due to injuries his sophomore year.

I dont live in Buffalo and it seems like most people who do live in Buffalo love Ohio State players as well as other Big 10 guys where I think most of them are overrated. In this case I think Humphrey is the better overall corner in the draft but thats my personal preference.

Woah woah woah! Laughing How dare you call my Buckeyes overrated Wink Wink

Buckeyes are very popular in the north east due to a lack of big schools here (aside from Syracuse but they suck at football). Some of their guys are overrated, but I think this class is an exception. Hooker and Lattimore are fantastic talents regardless of the school.

Could say the same thing for Alabama, who gets the #1 recruiting class year after year. I find a lot of their prospects overrated. I wouldn't read into where kids go to school too much. Hell.. I love Jabrill Peppers and he goes to Michigan (despise that school).

cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he benefit off hooker. Jabrill Peppers may be good at the college level but i still am struggling to think he can make it in the nfl with his position. Im not a bama fan in anyway i just think Humphrey is an overall better Corner then Lattimore. I also like Sydney jones alot and had him above humphrey before he got injured.

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Jamal Adams S LSU
Corey Davis WR WMU
Malik Hooker FS OSU
Mike Williams WR Clemson
Humphries CB Bama
Oj Howards TE Bama

No Lattimore or Conley ?

Lattimore definitely has the athletic ability and will probably get better with more experience. However, my gut tells me those hamstring issues will not go away and he will be somewhat of a wasted pick due to watching a quality player sit out due to injuries. I'd rather have a very good player who can suit up 16 games over a great player suiting up 10.

Conley is someone I can't quite get a pulse on. I like that he has improved over his college career, which probably means he takes coaching well. I just don't know about him...which means he'll likely be a hidden gem! LOL

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: