You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns claim James Wright... who?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Browns claim James Wright... who? Reply with quote

Ok this is a kind of under the radar, likely nothing major type of signing, but its interesting. It reminds me of the RB we snagged from the Bengals last year that is ultimately gone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/29/story-of-james-wright-testament-to-lsus-sheer-talent-bengals-scouting/

Sounds like a very good special teams player, interesting blurb by Hue Jackson regarding this kid in the above article. Also, fun fact in Hue's final year in Cinci he averaged over 18 yards per reception in very limited work. Last year it dropped dramatically.

Pretty obviously this one has Hue's fingerprints all over it.

Last edited by DizzyDean on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A camp body to push the 5 rookies we drafted last year. Nothing to see here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They certainly need to be pushed. I expect some of them to be pushed off of the roster entirely. This guy, Hue genuinely seemed to like, and he has ST value. I could see him having a spot.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
They certainly need to be pushed. I expect some of them to be pushed off of the roster entirely. This guy, Hue genuinely seemed to like, and he has ST value. I could see him having a spot.

Yeah, guys like Higgins and even more so, Payton, aren't locks to make this team.

I'm guessing we draft another WR this April too.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Yeah, guys like Higgins and even more so, Payton, aren't locks to make this team.

I dont know how because Payton of all of them I thought was going to be the guy to put it together.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

I dont know how because Payton of all of them I thought was going to be the guy to put it together.

Based on what? He played the least, was the least productive and then got suspended.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had very high hopes for Higgins and Coleman, I was disappointed in both, I get the injury to Coleman.

Based on what I saw, I would only keep Coleman and Lewis from the lot of them.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Based on what? He played the least, was the least productive and then got suspended.

On the fact that he was the most well rounded of the 3.

Higgins with a slight frame and lacked explosiveness but good route runner and hands

Louis with athleticism and speed but not a polished route runner or hands

Payton was well rounded but nothing jumped off the page in terms of traits. I figured he would excel in a certain area but in his rookie year it never really happened.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

On the fact that he was the most well rounded of the 3.

Higgins with a slight frame and lacked explosiveness but good route runner and hands

Louis with athleticism and speed but not a polished route runner or hands

Payton was well rounded but nothing jumped off the page in terms of traits. I figured he would excel in a certain area but in his rookie year it never really happened.

Sounds like Brian Robiski, that said, this guy was the 2nd leading ST tackler for the Bengals last year.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Sounds like Brian Robiski, that said, this guy was the 2nd leading ST tackler for the Bengals last year.

Yeah, I think this is a mainly ST signing with the possibility that he grabs like the #5/6 WR job.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: