Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

C Patterson: News Flash! (Signs with OAK, p.49)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confident that between Jack and Derek, CP will have his best year, this coming year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
I am confident that between Jack and Derek, CP will have his best year, this coming year.

I'm thinking he will do very well also. Great spot for him. I don't think 1000 yds receiving but 1000yds combined and 6 TD's behind that line.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't see Patterson being anything higher than the #4 receiver on Oakland's roster.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's a bummer about CP. Was really hoping we could've worked something out with him as I think he would've done well in a Shurmur O. Best of luck in Oakland CP.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I still don't see Patterson being anything higher than the #4 receiver on Oakland's roster.

I agree. He will always...barring injury...be a great special teams guy. As a receiver, his ceiling, in my opinion, is Bernard Barrian.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

I agree. He will always...barring injury...be a great special teams guy. As a receiver, his ceiling, in my opinion, is Bernard Barrian.

Well to be fair that means he is a #1 option for back to back years for 2 different teams.. He can be that?

He was fine until Peterson, Rice, and Havin became relevant.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Virginia Viking wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

Well to be fair that means he is a #1 option for back to back years for 2 different teams.. He can be that?

I think he CAN be that guy, but not over a career. He's not a guy that's going to make his offense better by just being on the field. He CAN be competent, and flash brilliance on rare occasions.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Virginia Viking wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

I think he CAN be that guy, but not over a career. He's not a guy that's going to make his offense better by just being on the field. He CAN be competent, and flash brilliance on rare occasions.

I concur. He is a flash in a way. We need more. He will be better in Oakland than here.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per a source with knowledge of the [Oakland] contract, Patterson will get $5 million guaranteed under the deal, with a $2.5 million signing bonus and a $2.5 million guaranteed base salary. The base deal also includes a $250,000 workout bonus in 2017.

The potential upside comes from the ability to void the two-year contract to one year (it voids if he has 65 catches or participates in 65 percent of the offensive snaps), and the incentives package for year one.

As to incentives, Patterson gets $350,000 for 55 percent playing time, another $350,000 or 70 percent playing time, $350,000 for 55 receptions, and another $350,000 for 70 total receptions. There’s also a $350,000 incentive for making it to the Pro Bowl, which could happen easily as a kick returner.

So if Patterson participates in 70 percent of the snaps, catches 70 passes, and makes it to the Pro Bowl, he’ll make $7 million in 2017 — and he’ll hit the market again in 2018.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/5-million-guaranteed-for-cordarrelle-patterson/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Per a source with knowledge of the [Oakland] contract, Patterson will get $5 million guaranteed under the deal, with a $2.5 million signing bonus and a $2.5 million guaranteed base salary. The base deal also includes a $250,000 workout bonus in 2017.

The potential upside comes from the ability to void the two-year contract to one year (it voids if he has 65 catches or participates in 65 percent of the offensive snaps), and the incentives package for year one.

As to incentives, Patterson gets $350,000 for 55 percent playing time, another $350,000 or 70 percent playing time, $350,000 for 55 receptions, and another $350,000 for 70 total receptions. There’s also a $350,000 incentive for making it to the Pro Bowl, which could happen easily as a kick returner.

So if Patterson participates in 70 percent of the snaps, catches 70 passes, and makes it to the Pro Bowl, he’ll make $7 million in 2017 — and he’ll hit the market again in 2018.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/5-million-guaranteed-for-cordarrelle-patterson/

For our team no thanks!

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cearbhall wrote:
My two cents on Patterson: It would have been foolish to give him the kind of money that the Raiders gave him. I am very happy for Patterson that he was able to get that from Raiders and even more happy that the Vikings didn't try to compete with that offer.

Patterson is no better than the #3 WR in MN. He may not even be that. Looking at successful teams around the league, they just don't invest that many cap collars into a #3 WR. For example, look at the third highest paid WR on all 12 of the teams that went to the playoffs.

Teams have to overpay for players in free agency. Given this reality, it is wise to save those cap dollars for truly elite players.

Free agency is very exciting, but successful teams are the product of solid cap management and consistently good drafting. The Vikings already took it in the shorts on the draft with Patterson. It is good they didn't double down on the mistake by hurting the cap by resigning him too.

It sucks losing Patterson, but letting him go to a deal like the Raiders gave him is absolutely the correct move for both Patterson and for the Vikings.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Robb_K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see him go. He could have helped The Vikings short and shorter mid-range passing game,as an extra option, and would have broken away several times for big gains. Too bad other teams were willing to pay him more. The Vikings need to upgrade the #3 or 4 WR, unless Treadwell breaks out big this season.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
I hate to see him go. He could have helped The Vikings short and shorter mid-range passing game,as an extra option, and would have broken away several times for big gains. Too bad other teams were willing to pay him more. The Vikings need to upgrade the #3 or 4 WR, unless Treadwell breaks out big this season.

Unfortunately, didn't seem like he had many big gains on offense. His receiving average was abysmal last year.

I don't think MN will miss Patterson on offense. He will be missed severely on special teams, though I think Sherels will be fine at KR.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be the only one who's concerned about Cordarrelle in an organization of coaches who have a history of lack of discipline. I'm not sure Oakland is a better place for him than here. But, I still wish him well.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50

Jump to: