You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Nick Foles signs 2-year deal with PHI
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
The thing is, unless Daniels agrees to take a pay cut on his 5M guaranteed salary before release, the Eagles save no $ with Daniel.

Daniel was set for a cap hit of 8 million this year. Cutting him means we have a cap hit of 7 million.

So, we actually save 1 million. I mean its close to nothing though.

I doubt either of those two numbers end up being the case in the end. No way the Eagles "Don't Trade" Daniels if a deal was in place and in the end it saved them 💰 rather then cutting him. I believe the BGN report that they worked something out instead of sending him to purgatory or a team he didn't want to play for.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 291Att//61% Comp//2262 Yds//23 TD//5 INT//211 Rush yds//QBR 104.1
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Nick Folian Dynamite returns
Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
The thing is, unless Daniels agrees to take a pay cut on his 5M guaranteed salary before release, the Eagles save no $ with Daniel.

Daniel was set for a cap hit of 8 million this year. Cutting him means we have a cap hit of 7 million.

Turns out offset language in his deal means any $ other teams pay him the Eagles get back in cap relief. So there is more than 1m too makes more sense. Still hard to see they will not pay more with Foles' guaranteed money added given both are backups. Is he really that much of an upgrade at backup?
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

Turns out offset language in his deal means any $ other teams pay him the Eagles get back in cap relief. So there is more than 1m too makes more sense. Still hard to see they will not pay more with Foles' guaranteed money added given both are backups. Is he really that much of an upgrade at backup?

So if he signs somewhere making say 4M, the Eagles get 4M back for their Cap? 2M, 3M, etc?

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 291Att//61% Comp//2262 Yds//23 TD//5 INT//211 Rush yds//QBR 104.1
base615

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

So if he signs somewhere making say 4M, the Eagles get 4M back for their Cap? 2M, 3M, etc?

They would get the $4m back and be on the hook for the $3m in remaining dead cap I believe.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: